Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Tuesday morning

Nothing like getting up early and crushing a workout on a day off.  Even depressed. 

Admittedly it took me an hour, and some caffeine, to work up to it.  But I did it and even looked cute doing it. 

I got up, got on the computer for a little, drank some caffeine, drank some more caffeine (total: 140 mg), talked to Ron when he got up.  I got dressed in my workout clothes and did my warmup.  Talked to Ron some more. 

Started kettlebell workout.  Ron interrupted me.  I showed him the kettlebell (that one was 25 pounds) and explained I was working with it, had to be careful, please no interruptions.  He agreed. 

I went back and finished.  Highlights: did 2 sets of swings at 30 pounds.  Squat started out weak but I worked up to two sets with 20 pounds.  Get-up did 3 each side, and they were "good form" (not sloppy or cheating).  It took about 20 minutes. 

Then I came inside, found Ron had gone from drinking to bed, and peeled out of my sweaty clothes.  I drank some hydration stuff - I lose sodium at a high rate due to the lithium, took a shower.  I even conditioned my hair. 

I got out about 9:20.  Walmart delivery is coming around 10.  After I put it away I will go get some keys made.  Ron gave me cab fare so I can ride around in cabs all day if I want.  I did let Ron know my vitamins are coming today.  He generally reacts badly, to someone ringing our doorbell, so let him know it's a box marked "vitamins" and unlikely to be stolen. 

He was asking about the tart cherry capsules when I mentioned them being good for joints, I would love to get him on something safe and effective. 

Biscuit went out in the garage while I was working out.  I think they believe I keep another cat out there.  He was a little freaked, at first, by the kettlebell, but got used to it.  After I finished the girls went out too, but everyone came back in by the time I finished my shower. 

So today I am likely going to the home improvement store to get keys made, then the sporting goods store.  After that take bus or cab to chicken place.  I don't want the cab waiting in that really long drive through so I will probably take the bus.  Buy Ron some chicken, he said 4 pieces.  Call a cab to go home. 

Ron really freaked when I showed him the kettlebell.  He kept telling me to "be nice to" myself.  I told him a challenge is good for body and mind but I am very careful not to harm myself.  For instance, on my swings.  The 30 pounds was a little robust on the last set so I did something lighter for the next one. 

I don't want to be one of those weak, helpless, women cowering in a corner while the men fight.  I want to be the one breaking a beer bottle over the bad guy's head!   Working out can only help my mind and body. 

I feel a lot better than when I got up, and most of that is the workout. 

No comments: