Sunday, June 2, 2019

Sunday afternoon 2

I found Ron crawling on the floor and asked him if he needed help; he did.  I got him in his wheelchair and took him to the bathroom.  I asked if he needed help, he said no.  I heard a crash.  Later I found blood on the floor, not much, just a few smears I cleaned up.

I am glad he is not a carrier of a blood borne disease.  I did help get him back to bed.  I told him I cancelled the Waffle House, he said OK.  I reminded him to call in trips for tomorrow.  He didn't answer.  I will remind him again around 4.

I decided to work on my second shelf system, once I got him settled.  I really didn't want to sit around during a blackout.

So I went outside, raised the garage door, and got to work.  It was pretty easy.  At the end of it I used 4 out of 5 shelves.  The rack is under the track for the garage door so I couldn't stack it too high.  But I got a lot of stuff on it.

I also collected a bunch of storage boxes.  I have almost a dozen, big and medium sizes, some have lids, most do not.

I plan to check with Ron, see if he wants any, and then put the rest out at the curb for hoarders/recycle.  Someone will take them and they won't be my problem any more.

I need to do a little more work but I pretty well have enough room for the punching bag, the one on a stand.  One review suggested filling the base with the cheap, old-style kitty litter (non clump).  That sounds great.  Then I can go out there and beat on it when Ron is being a drunk.

My Dad and my aunt were thrilled with the photo I posted.  I think they're getting that, for me, organization has always been an energy issue, not a hoarding one.  It looked the same, though.

So I could have the punching bag set up by the end of the week.  That would be great.  I see nothing wrong with cardio pretty much every day, especially if I am mixing it up and doing different things.  I can walk, bike, do the step, punching bag... plenty of options coming.

My foot is doing very well and I intend to keep it that way.

So, I'm glad I got all that done.  It's a big load off me.  I can certainly assemble another rack, again, and I plan to for the short wall (east).  I have bags of stuff piled up there but I can organize that better.

It won't be much fun to work out in what looks like a garbage dump.  And yes, I know I am micromanaging the things I can control because so much of my life is completely OUT of control.  I know that.

A professional once said I was "very self-aware" and I took it, still do, as a compliment.  I hope I am.  I made some very bad choices back when I was a kid, and sick at that, but I am committed to seeing this through.

I don't think Ron will sober up in time to make our trips for tomorrow.  There is a way for me to do that, and I will.  If he doesn't like them he can change them.  But we will at least have a ride to work.

If he had his own employment I wouldn't 'save" him - boy AA has a lot to say about that.  But it is OUR business so I need a ride.

I know why God never allowed me to get my own paratransit.  Ron has told me repeatedly he would stay home in bed constantly if I had my own service.  God doesn't want that, Ron's got to get his butt out of bed.

I hope he didn't mess up his face when he fell in the bathroom - that could make work awkward.

I will also make an appointment to go to Walmart because he does need his medication.  He cannot pour vodka down his throat all day, live in a constant blackout, and call it done.  He needs to be functional and that means medication.

Yeah, I'm going to go make the trips and come back.  That wasn't too bad.

I made a trip to work and home, then one to the pharmacy later.  This is MY transportation.  He's just going along.

And I'm going to go eat some banana yogurt.

No comments: