Monday, June 17, 2019

"As long as you take it every day"

I asked my doctor a question some years ago, about dosing on my medication.  He surprised me. 

"I don't care how you take it, or when.  Take it 4 times a day or all at once, morning or evening.  Just take it, every day". 

I wanted some energy this afternoon, so I could work out.  So I did not take my medication with dinner. 

Instead, I waited a few hours, had a good workout, and am now contemplating food.  Something I can consume with my medication.  I hate getting an upset stomach so I will think for a while yet. 

But it is nice to know the timing isn't as important as I thought.  I think Doc has so many patients go off the medication altogether he is just happy I am taking it consistently. 

I plan to get up at 5 AM tomorrow so I need to figure out my pill meal, for lack of a better term. 

Some notes about the cats, totally unrelated:
Biscuit now wants his food on the floor, like the other cats. 

Torbie is now preferentially eating the senior cat food (as I'd hoped when I bought it). 

Baby Girl has been glued to Ron ever since we got home from work.  I will point this out and remind him she is cuddlier when he's sober. 

No comments: