Friday, June 7, 2019

Friday

I did better than expected: I got dressed and took a 25 minute walk.  Then I came home and took my shower. 

My hair has been very dry from all the washing, I don't customarily use conditioner.  I used it today during my shower and my hair did look better today.  The trick, for me, is clean roots and moisturized ends.  I managed to pull that off. 

I got dressed and called Arturo, he said he'd be there in 15 minutes.  I took out a load of garbage and lined the can.  BabyGirl doesn't like rattling garbage bags so I have to carefully spread it open by hand without spooking her.  She's worth it. 

Ron called me, he was hungry.  I heated him up some chicken and Arturo called.  Time to go to Walmart. 

I headed for the shampoo, first.  I wanted some options that would work with my lifestyle (depressed), not cost the earth, not reek, a decent sized bottle for my money.  I hunted for a while.  I got a bottle of Pantene 2 in 1 - that way the conditioner is built in.  It will be great on those depressed mornings where I barely have it to wash my hair, much less condition.  They had a Suave 2 in 1 but that didn't work for me.  They did have some Suave clarifying conditioner which I could use, so I threw a bottle in the cart.  I like to use the clarifying shampoo but it does dry out my ends. 

I called that done.  Ron texted me.  I wish he would just call when I am out, it is easier than pulling the phone out, opening the message menu, selecting the message,and reading it.  I told him that (nicely).  He wanted to remind me about the socks. 

He lost his bag of summer socks.  Somewhere in his room, which is probably only 90 square feet.  But when we were talking about cleaning under his bed I seriously said I would use a rake to pull everything out.  Anyway, he wanted quarter crews/ankle socks (depends on the maker). 

I went over there and looked.  The section was pretty wiped out but they did have some Fruit of the Loom socks, in black, in a quarter crew, pretty thin (requested), odor control and moisture wicking.  OK, I called Ron, he said they sounded good.  I got 2 packages. 

I realized they would get lost if they went in another plastic bag so I found a plastic storage box for them.  I made sure it would all fit, I put both packages of socks in the storage box, which got me in a little trouble later. 

I also picked up one of those moisture control microfiber t-shirts for myself.  I like these because they have a pocket. 

I saw the display of sport bras and decided to have a look.  I did find some cute ones purporting to be my size, and some in XL sizes.  I figured I was a 2 xl top so I put one in my cart, along with another one "in my size" and went to the fitting room. 

One employee very rudely shoved my cart out of the way.  I wanted to tell her the stuff in the cart, and the woman pushing it, were paying her salary for the week and she might consider changing that attitude.  But then I figured she works for Walmart, probably no hope of improving her attitude. 

I took the 2 bras into the fitting room.  Generally I have issues with sport bras fitting. They weren't bad before I started the antipsychotic but that bumped me up 2 sizes and I am a lot more woman than I used to be.  And some women pay tens of thousands of dollars for an increase like that! 

Doc said one woman cried when he took her off the medication. 

Anyway, I couldn't get them to fit.  To put it delicately, they didn't go down below my collarbone.  And I tried, even the one in my size.  You've seen my photos, I'm not that big, but the sport bra people must think all users are small-chested, or a lot of fat around the ribcage but not much bust, I don't know. 

I tried to explain this to Ron later and he didn't get it.  I will just have to wear a regular bra. 

Glad I didn't buy them online! 

I went out, and the clerk was shocked I gave them back.  They didn't work for me, I said. 

I headed off to the sporting goods section.  I found some "gym tile" - and I needed it.  I like the purple tiles but there is not enough to lie on when I do my get-ups.  I need to roll back and forth, I can't do that.  So I got one package and put it in the cart.  I also found a wicking fabric baseball cap, I was just missing the one I wore during the half marathon. 

I was really thirsty,though.  So I went up front and bought 2 bottles of cold Diet Dr Pepper.  Then I continued shopping. 

I was happy to find more Diet Mountain Dew.  I got 3 packages.  I also got a Diet Dr for a little variety. 

I went on the next aisle and found the Coke representative stocking Powerades.  I told her how much better I find the Powerade, than the Gatorade.  It doesn't hold a candle, the Powerade has a good flavor and is very refreshing.  I only drink Gatorade when I'm sick. 

I accidentally bought some Gatorades and am plowing my way through them, but I don't love them the way I love the Powerade.  I didn't tell her all this but we did agree. 

I was really happy to find some Raspberry Lemonade flavored Powerade powder.  I love raspberry lemonade.  I like the instant powder because it is a lot easier to store.  I got 3 boxes. 

I got Ron some Almonds.  I looked at cat treats but figured I had enough arriving soon (as it turns out, tomorrow, according to my email). 

I went back to the fitness area and got another package of tiles.  And I called it pretty much done and checked out.  The cashier had no problem ringing the socks and then putting them back in the container.  I had 2 open top tote bags, one zippered tote bag (I had picked up a pint of ice cream), and the tote box. 

Of course I got stopped, and the clerk made a big production out of taking the box out, opening it, and inspecting the contents.  By this time I had the receipt in hand.  He scanned it and scanned the box, then he scanned my other receipt and scanned the soda in my hand. 

I don't envy them their loss control.  Shoplifting has got to be horrific for them, but I was honest and had no problem getting put out for a minute so they could control inventory. 

I decided to get some lunch from Mc Donalds.  I did that.  When I finished I called Arturo (Getting dropped, I always tell him he will get "first crack at my ride home" and he says OK).  He could take me home, so I went outside, put on my new hat, and waited. 

I got hassled by one strung out guy but I ignored him and he wandered off.  A paratransit driver arrived and we chatted while she waited on her client. 

Arturo came and I went home.  I put everything away and laid down for a little bit, but couldn't sleep.  I gave it an hour.  I got up and helped Ron with accounting work for a while.  Got on the computer.  Found out the Chewy order is coming tomorrow, they are always fast for me, and apparently they have Biscuit on file with a prescription. 

After Ron did today's work, he went to drink while I decided (I had some energy) to clean up around the kitchen table.  I threw out 2 big garbage bags of junk.  He called an old friend and talked about baseball. 

I took the trash bags out and repositioned the things I kept.  I had Ron check a few things before I threw them out, he wanted to keep one, so I did.  The other one went into the trash. 

He went back to bed.  I got back on the computer.  I am pretty much out of trash can (except for daily trash) for the week.  Good.  I will do more next week.  The trick is taking one bite at a time and not filling the empty space up with crap again. 

But my illness is pretty well managed now per doc so I am not as worried about that.  Before my diagnosis, trying to master anything was a losing battle.  I do OK now. 

Now it's about time to check the mail so I will go do that.  The library told Ron they sent several books on Monday. 

Off I go. 

2 comments:

Spankadoo said...

2 things I would recommend you set aside money for
1 2 really good sports bras on sale (get a free fitting in a department store like Macys at your closest mall it is so worth it or if you have a bra specialty store. Buy one good bra that fits you there then later you can find the same one cheaper online and keep two, hand wash cold water lay flat to dry ..wear one wash one that is what i do and the two bras last over a year . I am well endowed as well and the wrong bra is such a waste of time and money they cut into your shoulders and back or squish your boobs too tight.

2 invest in good shoes it DOES matter walmart shoes are not going to get your feet healed. I know I am old have spent way too much money on athletic shoes to know like bras you keep two good pairs (not high end but solid brands like Brooks, Salomon, ASICS (ASICS gel Kenyano used to be really good now my knee bothers me when I wear them so it is all about ergonomics) I am pretty close to my goal weight now and honestly ? I look for shoes that heavier runners wear to give the cushion my joints need.

You can sometimes get a free assessment at places like “The running store” I am going to check them out per my friends ortho telling her they are really good for figuring out your gate and stride to help prevent injuries.

I am all about free advice LOL!
That is just me giving you advice but i am old and my body is grateful I took this advice when it was given to me..I was told myself “stop buying crap bras and shoes and you will feel much better “ I was saying “but I am loosing weight “ and the back for the bra was “yeah but not more than the six months the bras will last with heavy use you buy them where they fit on the biggest knotch so as you loose weight you can cinch Warcoal makes great sports bras for larger breasted women and places online like Title Nine and the former The Running Store (also offers bra fittings I just realized and will go get one myself there!)

Remember THIS Is your “employee wellness program” period most people your age are invested in careers in a company that provides vacation and sick leave..you do not get that . Cheers to you for investing in your garage space !!! OMG I am so happy this is becoming your passion and you motivate me to get off my ass as well I think of you with those kettles when I see them at the store ! And when when I am working out ...but my feet hurt thinking of you needing good sturdy shoes with the good insoles out walking .
What a ramble but you know I ramble with love and concern . Invest in yourself Healther you are the only one who can and will so do it ..the future is yours with good muscle tone and strong bones!

Heather Knits said...

I never mind hearing from you! I'll be honest, the nice sturdy workboots really did it for my feet. I walked over a mile at once without a twinge. I wear the boots at work, rotate them, and my feet are pretty happy. It's one of those, the whole foot hurts at the end of the day but only until I sit down. I don't feel like someones stabbing me in the side of my heel anymore. It doesn't hurt when I get up, etc.

So the Walmart sneakers work for my off time, I log the majority of my steps in the workboots. And things are WAY better than they were a couple of months ago. Interestingly enough, all the books say to work with kettlebells BAREFOOT. It "grounds you better and prevents injury". And I read several books. So I do that and am OK.

About the bra, between us since I am working out at home I don't need the bra. It's just when I want to take a walk. I have a flimsy bra that fits for that, it holds me up so that works. I don't apparently have the kind of neighborhood where I go outside in the sports bra, the one neighbor freaked pretty bad when she saw me the other day. I think I will focus on organizing my areas and getting equipment first, then getting a bra. I suspect, if fitted, I would come back bigger than the size I believe I am.

I did do some thinking about what I will do if I lose more, at my current cup size they don't have a lot of smaller band sizes. I may need to go to a specialty store, but this is Houston - one of the biggest cities in the country. I am sure I can find something.

I always wash in a lingerie bag and hang dry. :)