Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Tuesday morning

Yesterday I found Ron "lost" passed out in his wheelchair.  I put the seatbelt on him and took him to bed, left him next to it.   He got himself into bed when he felt better without any problems. 

I slept pretty well last night and got up around 5.  On my day off!  Well, sort of, I have to take Ron to the doctor.  But I got up, found Ron passed out in his wheelchair, put the belt on, and took him to bed.  I did my usual routine, scrubbed the headache by drinking 2 diet Mountain Dews, got dressed in my exercise gear, did some time on the bike, and then went to kettlebells.  I did six half get ups, it was work, but I didn't feel like I'd burst a vessel doing it.  I had a pretty good workout.  It is harder to get motivated during a depression but I did a decent job.  Most importantly, I was safe. 

I finished up, came in, found Ron had gotten himself to bed (if he can figure out and unfasten the seatbelt he is probably in good shape to move to bed), and took my shower after checking on him. 

I hung up my workout clothes and found a mess in my bedroom.  Torbie got up on the top shelf of my closet.  I have a large plastic bag of smaller sized underwear in it.  She knocked that down which hit my current sized underwear, and the whole clothes basket fell over.  I cleaned up the mess but I didn't yell at her.  She is just being a cat, going up high, and knocking things over. 

I watched some TV for a while, got on the computer for a while after that, kind of flipping back and forth.  I have to get Ron ready for his doctor visit soon  In about 20 minutes the hydration will begin. 

Although I don't think they need a sample, this month. 

Then I have to dress him.  That's not hard.  He hangs up his clothes on a chair, I just need to change his t-shirt, he has a tremendous amount of trouble with shirts.  He does NOT want a button down, I have asked repeatedly.  He wants a t-shirt and help with it.  I can do that and I am happy to.  I think it is no different than asking him to help me scratch my back

Ron woke up, it took him a while.  Then he couldn't find his phone.  So we played a rousing game of "Where is Ron's cell phone?"  Happily he left it on so we found it in about 5 minutes.  Baby Girl got up on Ron once she saw he was awake (having had first and second breakfast, and some treats from me - her true love is Ron).  You might think I would feel sad or resentful, but I don't. 

I am "full" of love, I get enough attention from the cats.  I don't need more.  What I have is plenty.  I do suspect Baby Girl will become far more affectionate with me when Torbie's gone and not around to bully BG away from me. 

I started Ron on his hydration.  We have a while, though, before the pickup.  We are unfortunately supposed to get some interesting weather about the time we head home, though, so I will need to bring the poncho and umbrellas. 

Hopefully it is a boring trip.  I am hoping I remember to ask about the acupuncture. 

No comments: