Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Most of Tuesday

I didn't set the alarm last night when I went to bed, and I slept in late, all the way to 8:30.  Biscuit was happy to see me up and I fed everyone.  I had a headache so I had a caffeine drink and worked on my computer for a while.  Ron got up, I talked to him. 

I got into my workout clothes and took out the trash.  I took off my t-shirt, got on the exercise bike.  I did a 10 minute warmup.  Ron asked me to throw away one more thing, I went outside in my sport bra and bike shorts.  Ooops.  One female neighbor (number 8) saw me, so no big deal.  I am just glad that bizarre man in #10 did not see me. 

I went out in the garage.  I forgot to take off my shoes, it is apparently "better" to do Kettlebells barefoot.  I did them for about 20 minutes.  I did 4 getups instead of 3 (last time), so I'm improving.  I am looking forward to working out with my 30# when it gets here.  I will keep getting new bells as the old ones get easier. 

I came back in the house covered in sweat.  Ron needed some more help so I gave it.  I told him I was going out, and asked if he would like some Waffle House.  He said yes, and gave me money, asked me to take a cab home and gave me money for that. 

I agreed, got undressed, and took a shower.  I had a good shower and got dressed.  I brought my stun gun.  Someone did lay hands on me at that bus stop.  The bus runs through 3 bad neighborhoods.  Just smart to bring the stun gun. 

So I shoved it in one pocket and my phone in the other.  I put Ron's money off to the side and headed out the door.  I passed the vicious dog at the corner (not mine),  It went crazy trying to attack me.  I will say that someone on my other side was playing Cuban jazz or something, it was the only "nice" latino music I have heard.  Usually it is just obnoxious music with a polka beat, very annoying.  This was pleasant. 

As for the dog, I told him (?) "I have a STUN GUN for your ass!" and took it out, waving it at him.  He continued to lunge at the fence ferociously barking his head off.  Pretty sure it would have mauled me pretty good if it had a chance. 

I got to the bus stop and waited, and waited some more.  It is only about 1,000 steps to the bus stop but then it is a lot of standing.  No bench, just a pole by the side of the road.  That was a little tedious.  I didn't dare take out my Kindle because I have been passed up (not in Houston) reading at the bus stop.  Not to mention it invites trouble if a bad guy comes along and thinks I am not paying attention. 

The bus finally came.  My card worked.  It was supposed to expire in February but don't tell the meters.  It keeps taking money off my card every time I ride.  Sometimes I get a free trip. 

I went to the bank.  There were only 3 people in line, a black guy, a mexican guy, and a white guy.  I filled out my deposit slip.  The black guy was waving a big sheaf of papers around and yelling about getting his money.  He had an alleged check from an insurance company.  It wouldn't scan, and there were other problems with the check.  My guess?  Probably fraudulent.  He kept insisting they scan "his papers" into the system to "prove he had a legitimate claim".  This went on for a good 10 minutes.  Even the manager got involved and said they could not cash the check under any circumstances.  He did not seem very surprised when they said no, which kind of confirms to me it was a fraud. 

The one teller finally broke off from the drama and handled the 2 guys in front of me, then my deposit.  I got my receipt and left.  I bought some soda.  I got caught behind another "customer from hell" while waiting to pay for my soda.  She kept haggling over the price, consulting the sale flyer, and being a pain in the ass.  Then she turns to me and says she is "sorry, hopes I'm not in a hurry".  Now's a fine time to ask.  I told her it was my day off - she wanted me upset and I was not going to give her that. 

I thought about it.  I was near a fried chicken place, one that offers the famous $1 two piece fried chicken special.  Ron had mentioned wanting chicken, but was reluctant to go anywhere due to the drama.

But it was right there in walking distance.  I called, voicemail.  Ron had turned off his phone. 

Well, crap.  Did he want it? 

I can only recall a few times Ron did not want fried chicken.  I went ahead. 

More drama, another family from hell.  Stood in line for 15 minutes and NO CLUE what they wanted, kept changing the order, got a huge attitude when it was $17.  Why not buy 3 specials and split a large side?  That would have been about $9.  The adults (I believe grandparents) were too cheap to buy sodas so they asked for 'water cups".  I later saw them filling the cups up with soda.  Finally done.  I stepped up to the register and said "3 mild specials, to go, please" and done in 20 seconds.  THATS now you do it. 

They had my food pretty fast considering.  I had a tote bag so I threw the chicken on top of the soda.  Then I went to the Waffle House. 

I sat at the "high chair' at the counter - can never do that with Ron, ordered an all star.  Hash browns, waffle, eggs, bacon.  It came with toast but I didn't eat that.  I would rather have the waffle.  I drank my diet Dr Pepper, which was much better than their diet Coke. 

I enjoyed my meal in spite of the OTHER customer from hell who refused to feed the crying baby.  He was so hungry he literally turned purple from crying.  It was pitiful.  They had a big canister of formula in the diaper bag, they just didn't want to bother. 

I remind myself of this when I get down about my crappy childhood.  I wasn't the only kid out there not getting fed.  They finally left. 

I ordered Ron's food, it was done pretty quick.  I left a decent tip and called Arturo, who, happily, was 20 minutes away.  I got out the Kindle and read my fitness book (finished it, actually) until he came, then we went home.  I paid him and went inside. 

Ron was still asleep.  I stuck a drumstick in his mouth (it was still warm).  He woke up really quick and gobbled it down pretty fast.  He was extremely happy I had gotten fried chicken.  He said some very nice things as he ate his chicken.  He even checked the bed for crumbs when he finished. 

Then he went back to sleep.  That sounded like a good idea so I got undressed and took a nap.  I slept pretty well once I dropped off, but I woke up with a headache.  I had a caffeine drink which has somewhat helped.  I fed Biscuit - I had fed everyone when I got home but he likes more frequent, smaller, meals.  The litter boxes look good so I don't need to do that. 

I am curious to see how the kettlebell workouts all month turn out.  I was down another pound or two today, which is great.  I seem to be less jowly which is also awesome.  I am getting stronger, that's always good, especially self employed AND a caregiver.  My legs are pretty tired now so I feel I did get a good workout this morning. 

My heart rate monitor should be coming pretty soon so I am curious to check the mail.  I want to "go hard" during my workouts but I want to keep my heart rate in a healthy range.  That means not going over 170.  As it is, now I am taking it a little conservatively.  I would rather not push as hard than push too hard, especially since I am new to all this.  I need focus, and it is hard to focus when my heart is pounding out of my chest and I am gasping. 

Ron is also seeking new books.  I think he read everything he has.

I still have 45 minutes before I need to go check the mail. 

Not a bad day out, in spite of the customers from hell.  Now I have a little extra cash in my account to buy things like cat food. 

That's it for now.  I will make another post if there is something of note. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes there are many evil people in the world doing terrible things to innocent babies and children. I hope those bastards at the Waffle House get what is coming to them for what they did in public to that baby. Imagine what they do behind closed doors. I am surprised you didn't say anything. No one really steps in does anything to help innocent humans from being hurt. So these people can go on hurting others. Not even god will step in to save that baby.

Heather Knits said...

They seemed very ignorant and aggressive, saying something would have likely ended in my ass getting kicked.

Several of them, one of me, only one stun gun. Like I tell Ron "I like my teeth in my head".

It was very sad to watch, though. I told Ron one day that man is going to harm his family and everyone will wonder "how" it could happen. You generally "make" bad guys, I don't believe they are born. Neglecting basic needs is a good way to start.

Anonymous said...

Maybe the baby was overdue for a nap or needed a diaper change. Everyone always assumes the worst.

Anonymous said...

BTW God should be capitalized but your distespect is obvious without it.

Heather Knits said...

No, she said "He is hungry" and the grandmother agreed. That's what made me mad. Colic or something not much you can do but let them cry it out. But simple hunger is easily fixed. And they had a diaper bag with formula.