Sunday, December 2, 2018

Sunday morning

Well, as it turns out Star Office and Open Office are the same thing, just different generations - and long gone from the manufacturing scene.  Libre Office seems to be "it". 

I haven't downloaded it yet, I will buy my Christmas presents first just in case there is a problem with my computer. 

I heard music last night, but it wasn't too loud.  It was Mexican music, heavy on the brass, and mildly annoying.  I assume it was #6.  He did not have a party, though.  As he gets older he is having fewer parties.  I remember some of his parties in the past where he was walking around the yard for an hour afterward, picking up empty bottles, etc.  I think he's realizing he can skip the cleanup if he skips the party. 

Good.  That's one reason I have never reported him to either the permit department, fire department, or homeowners association for the illegal remodels.  Because, overall, he can be pretty quiet.  It's just those parties!  Ugh! 

We will have another one, I am expecting, on 

I had to stop typing.  Baby Girl came in and gave me a piteous look, sniffing one of the litter boxes.  They have a way of letting me know they want a fresher litter box experience. 

Being a good mother, I dumped out her primary box, scraped it, and am currently soaking it (it's a big tote box with high sides) in a bleach solution in the tub.  I also scooped Torbie's box (they all have their favorite) so they all have a fresher box experience while I am fixing up the big ones. 

It is a lot harder to do things like litter boxes when battling depression. 

So, back to topic.  Once I got adjusted to the music I fell and stayed asleep just fine.  I had Torbie and Biscuit in my bed. 

I slept late, 10 AM.  Biscuit was having fits trying to wake me up to feed him.  I am thinking about getting them an automatic feeder.  It could feed Biscuit at his "accustomed" time of 6 AM while I am sleeping.  It even has a message you can record to feed the pet, you call them, basically, to the feeder, then it shuts off the voice and feeds.  I like that. 

Of course one good flood and that's $100 down the drain, but it might make a good Christmas present from Ron. 

I got up and fed Biscuit.  He does this blitz attack thing where, when I pull the scoop of food out of the bag, he leaps on my hand with his claws extended and grabs the scoop in his claws, then gobbles frantically out of the scoop as I hold it.  If I move the scoop, he digs in his claws and knocks it over.  It's rather alarming and feeds the vet's theory he is a "carb addict".  He is certainly acting like an addict.  The other cats are far more placid about getting their food, once it hits the bowl (after Biscuit literally releases it) they will eat, but they don't gobble or fight. 

I was going to watch some Christmas movies but my favorite channel (not Hallmark or Lifetime - ick!) is down.  I have been on the computer. 

I will be buying presents and shipping them today, I have the addresses.  Then I am done. 

Took my shower.  That's done.  Big litter box is drying in the front room, then I will fill it with litter.  In the meantime they have another "good" box, which I saw Biscuit using. 

Biscuit is sleeping on my bed.  Torbie is in my closet, between the clothes, it took me a minute to see her when I was getting dressed.  Very cute and purring.  She's a good cat. 

Baby Girl is hanging out with Ron, who woke up and started drinking.  I heard him cursing in the kitchen when I got out of the shower and did not investigate.  If he wants my help he will ask for it. 

We leave in about an hour to get some lunch. 

No comments: