Sunday, December 30, 2018

Chuck called

He said he would be happy to come get me and we arranged a pickup time. 

He arrived a little early (he does, but I'm ready early, too) and I went out.  "I have a question" I asked him, as I got into his SUV. 

"What is it?" he replied.  I could see him bracing himself a little. 

"Can I buy [your dog] some treats?  Will you let me do that?"  He thought about it for a minute and said yes, he would. 

We went to the store.  Sometimes he waits, sometimes he comes around with me.  Today he shopped with me.  We talked about shampoo and I selected some handsoap, which I later discovered was leaking.  They didn't have my conditioner. 

By the way, the Suave apple I used this morning worked very well.  My hair dried very nicely. 

He even came down the "female products aisle" with me.  I didn't mind.  I threw my products in the basket and mused why the box on the Ultra tampons is always crushed. 

I got everything on my list and then we went to the dog treat aisle.  A very long aisle.  It is interesting, cat treats maybe take up 8 feet of planogram (merchandise display shelving), dog stuff went at least 24 feet that I noticed. 

We took our time selecting the right treat for the dog, who is a medium coon mix.  I wanted to get a big box, but he said no.  I wanted to get the meaty flavors assortment, he said no.  He wanted the sausage roll treat, so that's what we got.  I wish they'd had a bigger bag, though. 

We got some labels for work (cheap, so I don't care if I pay for them) and we checked out.  It was a very long line, and when I got the register the cashier seemed to lack a little common sense.  Like, the cat food.  Why not count all the cans and then ring it as [can x quanitity]?  No, she rang one can after another.  No wonder the line was so slow. 

I gave Chuck the dog treats and he put them in with his personal.  I also gave him some gas money and asked if he minded if I made a deposit.  He said that was fine. 

I talked to the pharmacy earlier and they told me all my pills, together, on insurance run about $100 for 3 months.  Not bad.  It is bad when I think I am paying hundreds of dollars a month more than that for the coverage, though. 

So, I did some math.  $50 for my doctor (he prefers cash patients and he is definitely worth it), $100 for my medication.  I calculated how much I could put in my account and still leave money for discretionary spending during the pay period.  They had a short line.  No one had any money at the end of the month so no real banking business.  Two of them were standing around and talking. 

I was subtle.  I took my deposit out, holding my deposit slip, and counted it in front of them.  Suddenly they could help!  [giggle]  We are programmed to react to the sight of money. 

We loaded the SUV and headed home.  #7 is having some sort of soccer watch party today.  They keep yelling "goal!" the way they do, Ron and I find that so annoying.  I had my remote (it was raining) so he backed into the driveway and I opened the garage door.  Then we put my stuff in the garage and he left. 

Hopefully the dog is eating a treat right about now.  I love pretty much all animals and it is fun to know I helped spoil the dog today.  I'm not saying the dog's name because he may be a security question or password.  I don't do that with mine, but you never know. 

Once I got everything set up Ron paid me for the stuff I got him (bath wipes, motion sickness pills, etc.).  I ate a snack and took some Oregano Oil, since I was out in public. 

I plan to take a nap with Biscuit.  Ron will have to plug in his headphones but he is pretty good about not disturbing me during a nap. 

I will deal with the housework and laundry tomorrow.  I don't want to deal with it today. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you are looking into seeing other people. Maybe if you find a quality man you will finally be able to leave Ron. Just make sure he likes cats! Good luck on your date this afternoon.

Heather Knits said...

Ack! No, I'm not dating. Chuck is a friend of us both, mainly talks to Ron actually, but has helped us out a lot with rides.

Strictly platonic. For one, Chuck is older than Ron, even. We haven't talked about it but we're not each other's type.