Friday, December 7, 2018

Meowy Christmas

I did not sleep well last night, Ron was in some pain and yelling with it, periodically.  Kept waking me up. 

Ugh.  I lay in bed talking to God.  Ron just had a terrible attitude all night and this morning.  It was a real trial to me and I was feeling angry, resentful, and bitter.  I asked God to help me with that.  I slept in as late as I could, got up, and took a shower with my new bar of Dr Bronners Peppermint soap.  It has a very nice lather to it, I like that.  I asked for some floral versions of the soap for Christmas.  It was a little strange using my peppermint soap and my rose shampoo, I resolved to buy some peppermint shampoo (Suave makes a good one). 

I got dressed and ready to go.  Ron said his clothes had better be OK, he wasn't changing them.  They were alright but not perfect. 

We had the same driver who has been a little bit of a trial.  Apparently her way of "getting" us is to pull up in front of the house, not making a sound (most drivers beep the horn to let you know they're there), and then forcing dispatch to do a "callout".  It slows us down, getting out the door. 

She was the one that didn't tie down the wheelchair properly, when she took us to the bank, and was making mistakes like she didn't know her way around.  So I have resorted to giving her step by step directions, otherwise she takes the slow road everywhere.  We don't have a lot of time to waste. 

She was pretty peeved I gave her directions to Walmart today, says she lives nearby.  If so why was she all set to drive in the wrong direction, after leaving the house?  She seemed very miserable so I venture to say she will be fired, or quit, soon. 

She did secure the wheelchair this time. 

We got to Walmart.  We had about an hour.  Ron said he didn't want to wait.  But then he said he didn't want to ride in the kiddie cart either.  We were getting eight 6-packs of soda so I couldn't push him.  He had to wait. 

While he waited, apparently he looked so pitiful a couple of people stopped and asked him if he needed help.  He was a little embarrassed by that. 

I had some time so I did a little personal shopping (with my money).  I got some more socks.  I found a great Meowy Christmas t-shirt, covered in cats climbing a Christmas tree.  I thought it was great.  I found it in my size, even, only $5.  It went straight into the shopping cart. 

Then I got some peppermint shampoo, so my fragrances won't clash when I am bathing.  I bought Ron's soda.  Ron wanted some more smoked almonds (a lot better than what he has been eating) so I put those in for him.  He wanted some V-8.  Then I got the soda. 

I wandered over to the cat food aisle after contemplating laundry detergents.  You can't take the cap off the Tide, to smell it, anymore.  That is a deal killer for me. 

I bought a couple cans of Supreme Supper and one of Turkey in Gravy.  I figured I would at least give the cats a chance to try turkey.  If they hate it, they hate it, but I don't want to die never having offered it to them. 

Then I checked out.  I had 3 receipts.  I had a lot of stuff.  Ron had wanted some beef jerky.  I am glad to see him getting better snacks. 

He worked on a 3 ounce bag of Teriyaki jerky while I stuffed all my stuff into the bag on the back of the wheelchair.  I had made sure to get low-bulk items, so I wouldn't have a lot of "fluff" bulking things up.  I got Ron's jerky in there, too.  I also had a poncho and an umbrella in there, too, because we were told 100% chance of rain today. 

When I finished, we had the soda and the bag on the wheelchair, that was it.  Our driver came. 

I have talked a lot about illegal immigration, anchor babies, etc.  I think all that is wrong.  But I love legal immigrants. 

Our driver today was a classic example, the one taking us from Walmart, to work (a good distance).  He was punctual.  He was happy to see us and all our stuff.  He didn't know us but he presented with a great attitude, unlike my first driver - who had been sullen and resentful at best.  I helped Ron into the cab (he likes to sit in the back seat), and the driver took the cart.  I looked up and he had already put everything away.  No complaining at all, just a wonderful, cheerful attitude. 

That has been my experience with the legal immigrants, usually from Africa.  Great people, I love them. 

We were a straight trip and he got us there fast and safe.  I helped Ron out of the cab as the driver got all the soda whisked out of the hidey hole and onto the curb, as I'd directed.  Wonderful.  I got his "manifest number" and demanded Ron call in a compliment.  I went and got the cart (the driver left once we were settled) and Ron called in the compliment. 

Then I took Ron in, along with all the soda.  I put the soda in the fridge. 

Ron, when making the trip, had assumed we would just drop in, put the soda away, and leave.  It is never that simple.  He got to stocking.  We maxed out our time and left, had a good ride home. 

Torbie was sleeping in my computer chair, not the cat bed, but got into her bed when I got into mine.  Well, first she walked around on me, purring, demanding petting, for a while first.  Torbie likes a lot of petting.  Baby Girl, not so much.  She will meow in an aggrieved manner if you pet her too much.  Biscuit is somewhere in between, he likes some petting, but doesn't have to have it like Torbie. 

So I had a good nap with Torbie and I think Biscuit. 

I got up and took the tags off my new shirt and found a couple other t-shirts that needed washing.  I put them in the washer on "medium" and "normal".  I didn't want too much agitation on the screened print.  Ron got up, seemed to be feeling much better. 

It does him good to go to work, even though he doesn't see it.  He had some V-8 and occupied the kitchen for a while, talking to me. 

He was worried about the "severe weather" coming in.  We are due to get about 3-4 inches.  Now, when we got 10 inches in one night the water came up pretty far towards our house (we are on a grade), during Harvey (51 inches in 3 days) it got right up on the porch.  So I wasn't worried about a couple of inches.  As long as we don't get the heavy rain for a long period, we should be fine.  And so far, we are, it is a light to moderate rain and runs off as quickly as it lands. 

But Ron was worried, so I gave him information until he was settled.  I think he ate almonds for dinner.  Well, they have protein. 

I did up my pills, with all my usual supplements.  I had given myself a 3 week break from supplements, I think it is healthy to clear out the system now and then.  But I went back to them tonight. 

It started raining around 6-7 PM. 

I had a couple of cheese dogs on whole wheat buns.  I offered him one but he said no.  I ate those and took my pills.   I didn't get sick, pills and hot dogs get along just fine. 

But don't ever try to pair my medication and a chicken strip!  Misery! 

I need to go to bed so I can get a decent amount of sleep.  Tomorrow will be a hard working day but I have my new t-shirt at least. 

Meowy Christmas! 


No comments: