Thursday, December 27, 2018

Dinner in

I took a nap, had a pretty good one, but woke up with a headache again.  It may be linked to estrogen, I'm thinking.  I need to calendar my headaches like I do my cycle. 

Still on the cycle... almost a whole month now.  Not heavy but I had better change things on time.  Sorry, TMI.   Glad I am taking my iron. 

I got up, took some Excedrin (well, my generic version), and, in a rare moment, found myself with an empty bed.  No cats at all. 

I quickly moved Torbie's house and stripped the bed.  The mattress pad was surprisingly dirty, and when I took it off the waterproof liner was ripped, so I threw it out.  At least I found the damage before putting wear and tear on my washer.  I put the sheets in the washer, making sure to balance.  I put them in with some stain fighter and a detergent pak, then ran a soak cycle.  That takes about an hour. 

When the soak water had drained, I put 2 more detergent paks (I am really bad about not washing my sheets) in there and set it to run bedding, heavy duty, two rinses.  When I took them out just now they smelled very fresh, and I use unscented detergent. 

I do need more detergent, not right now, but next time I go I had better get some. 

I have replacement sheets for the bed, but I have had a certain furry problem.  For one, Torbie was outraged I stripped the bed and moved her house!  Glad to see she likes it so much.  I put the house back on the bare mattress, you can see it in the photo, but she won't go in it now, she's sulking. 

I started to "install" the heated mattress pad, but Biscuit got aboard and wouldn't let me finish.  So I am left with bare mattress and half a pad.  Eventually they'll get up again and I will finish.  The replacement sheets aren't as fancy as the ones in the dryer, but they are comfortable and should be fine in the winter.  I like 100% cotton in the summer because we keep the thermostat at 80. 

I see Sam's club has sheets and they look good, I need to check out the reviews but I will probably get a set when I need new bedding.  I am already there for work, it would be easy to ring a "personal" first and then do the business. 

Speaking of, our backup driver can't help us tomorrow so we will have to wait on restocking.  Hopefully it doesn't get too bad.  I do know I seem to have plenty of chips. 

Ron talked to me about tomorrow and we are just going to work and home.  He didn't want to go anywhere and I am not inclined to take him out.  His behavior has been pretty bad at times, lately.  You have seen that. 

I did get an idea, and checked out Grub Hub.  They had a lot of restaurants nearby.  The two I found most interesting were a sub shop (not Subway!) and a fusion restaurant Indian/Pakistani/Middle Eastern.  The latter looked very interesting, and the prices were reasonable.  But I really wanted a sub so I ordered one. 

Ron did not want any food, he said he had already eaten.  I think this might be a good compromise, I get something fun to eat and Ron stays home.  We will see how dinner goes tonight. 

According to the text I got, I should be getting it in a few minutes.  I will wait and eat my food before posting, then tell you how it went. 

I just got the text that it will be here in 20 minutes. 

 OK, I'm done.  Eating, that is. 

A nice lady delivered it and liked the tip.  If someone is bringing food to my door, they get a cash tip.  Yes, the app has a built in tip but not much. 

It was nice and heavy.  I took it out, nice big sub.  Smelled like rosemary and oregano.  Lots of meat.  good eating.  They made it as requested, add-on bacon, no onions, lettuce and tomato.  Very good. 

Halfway through, I took my pills.  Then I ate the rest of the sandwich.  That would be the big test, you know. 

Anyone can just eat something and like it.  In my world it has to taste good AND settle with my medication, which is pretty harsh.  I am fine over an hour later. 

So, that's an option. 

The cats are still in my bed, being obstreperous.  I may have to forcibly evict them before I go to bed tonight. 

But it worked out, and that's good. 

No comments: