Thursday, December 6, 2018

The arrival of the cat house

Well, I slept pretty well once I dropped off.  Didn't get long enough, though, due to staying up late waiting on Torbie's house.  But, as you saw.. worth it. 

I got up, took my shower, etc.  We got dressed and went to the warehouse.  Ron wanted some drinks.  I went and looked.  They only had one.  I bought the things I absolutely had to get and paid.  I went over to Ron, and told him they were out of the Sprite. 

He got very upset and wanted me to go back and buy a case of Coke.  A real PITA but I went and looked, no Coke.  He was very upset on hearing that and had a tantrum.  Called for the manager to come over to him, and, in my opinion, embarrassed us both. 

Just a whole lot of self-pitying, tantrum, ugly out of him today.  Practice gratitude!  Only God has the patience to deal with him when he's like this. 

We had a ride to work with a driver complaining about how a dispatcher asked her location.  "First time in 3 years" she said.  I hear dispatchers asking that all the time, but I did not say anything.  She said she was looking for another job.  That's one thing I have learned with Ron, don't take things personally.  If someone is being rude or a jackass just let it roll off. 

We got to work and did some stocking, took some cash out of the machines.  Made an inventory of things we need to buy pretty soon.  Work stuff. 

Finished up and left.  The candy bars still look terrible but that's on Ron, I don't have the inventory. 

We went home.  No cat house :(.  I took a nap with Torbie. 

I got up and Ron was very upset.  I should probably explain something, first. 

About 20 years ago, Ron was very stressed out running the business and I bought a subliminal "stress reduction" CD off Amazon.  It sounds like ocean waves but has "relax" subliminals in it.  I am not sure if it worked or not but Ron absolutely loves that mp3. 

He went to turn it on, on his computer, and the computer failed.  So it is dead and we need to buy a new one.  The tech can't work on it until Monday.  Ron hung up and had another tantrum. 

I mentioned, a lot of tantrums today. 

Then we got something to eat.  He was OK during dinner but got very upset when he got home again. 

I was up front when I heard a thump on my porch.  I have pretty good ears for a package just arrived.  I ran out and thanked her, then took it in the house. 

I opened it up.  It is very nice and appears to be very well constructed.  It is a grayish green with cream, goes OK in the bedroom by my standards.  I opened it up (it was folded for transport) and put it on my bed, in the spot Torbie uses when she sleeps with me.  Torbie was on the floor and not interested.  I picked her up and took her over to the house, and set her at the opening. 

I wouldn't have tried to stuff her in there.  That would have been bad and ensured she hated it.  I just dropped her at the entrance.  She sniffed it for about 30 seconds, stuck her head in, I praised her and told her to check it out.  She went in and settled down.  I ran and got my cell phone for a photo. 

She stayed in there for quite a while.  Ron was still having fits over his broken computer, mad at God in general, etc.  It was rather tedious. 

I think Torbie felt sorry for him.  At any rate, she went in his room, passing Baby Girl who was laying in the doorway (her usual spot lately), and got up in bed with Ron. 

Lately, Ron gets very upset when she cuddles with him.  Instead of accepting her comfort, he shouts at me over how I am "neglecting" and "abusing" her, "forcing" her to go to Ron for affection.  The way he talks I lock her in a closet and beat her.  I was busy cleaning a litter box during the latest tirade.  I finally told him I was the one cleaning the litter box, filling the water and food, and sleeping with her every night, and what was he doing for her?  Oh, giving her treats.  Who did more for the cat?  I was just fed up with his judgments and tantrums today.  He shut up for a while. 

Then he got all agitated again saying that Torbie was "scaring" Baby Girl (who is a bully and beats Torbie on the regular) out of his bed, that if Torbie weren't there, Baby Girl would be cuddling him.  I reminded him BG was on the floor in the door way before Torbie came and simply stayed in her chosen location. 

Later on, I heard him talking nicely to Torbie (who, no doubt, is incredibly confused by Ron's bipolar affections), probably petting her too.  Then, later on, yelling at God again so I guess she left him.  I tried to tell him, she wants to comfort you.  He wouldn't accept it. 

I think he is afraid if he really lets himself love her it will grieve him when she dies.  But, guess what?  Cats die.  Gravy wasn't even 2 when he died.  Age is not assurance either way.  An animal is going to have a short life.  That is just the way the work, I think so we can experience many in our lives.  I didn't get into all this with him but it's my belief. 

He said he wished he could have a blackout - remember the days when he claimed he was the victim of the blackout?  They just snuck up and GOT him?  Now he admits he causes them, and is foolish enough to actually SEEK them.  Not to mention putting me through all that, which is just flat abusive. 

I gave the cats another can of Friskies.  Saucy Seafood, I think, I wrote it down on my cell phone.  They ate a pretty good amount.  If it's all gone tomorrow I will put it on the buy list.  Like I told Ron, I want to give them new flavors. 

He didn't want to hear it. 

2 comments:

Spankadoo said...

Narcotics can make people very grumpy after a while I wonder if that is not making him worse than usual ?

Anonymous said...

Sounds a like some increased dementia. Need to be honest with his Dr. and say he's very verbally abusive most of the time. Your blog alone reveals a great increase in this behavior. Where it used to be directed at you, it has escalated to involve other people, like the drivers you need. He sounds extremely frustrated with dealing with everyday routine and people. It likely won't get better, and likely will progress...I am really surprised that people at work have not called authorities. I would have a long time ago.