Friday, December 21, 2018

Friday before Christmas

I didn't sleep well again with my tooth.  I really need to get it checked out.  It is a back lower molar, on the left.  I'll get it done, hopefully next week.  If "feels" like "just' a filling, I hope so. 

I have tried the topical gel and it just tastes bad, doesn't seem to help.  I'm going to try Advil tonight. 

I got up, took my shower, got Ron ready, fed the cats (not in that order).  We went to work. 

I felt bad for the driver, it was apparent she was having a tough day but she went above and beyond for us.  We got to work, Ron was impressed the machines needed stocking, even after my work.  He did some stocking, while I took cash out of the vending machines.  We weren't there for long, just long enough to do some stocking, "pull" the cash, and do an inventory for tomorrow. 

I gave Mike his cat treats.  I know his gang (3-4 cats) will enjoy them.  Henry told me about his new kitten's antics and how he was bothering his elderly female cat.  I suggested he get a second kitten so they could play together.  It worked great with Biscuit and Gravy - they'd run all over the house, after each other, seldom bothering the older cats.  If I ever get a kitten again I'd get a pair so they could keep each other entertained. 

But I have to admit I am strongly partial to older cats, and they have terrible adoption rates.  Look at poor Torbie, almost put down because she was "too old" for most adopters' taste.  Which is stupid, because she's one of the best cats. 

So we finished at work.  On the way out, someone yelled at us about stocking the machines.  Felt it wasn't being done "enough".  The machines have been stuffed at least all week, and if things get low it's only for a day or so.  Some people will have fits, for instance, if the Dr Pepper bottles inventory gets below about a dozen bottles.  They don't want to buy it right now, they just want to know there is a lot when they choose to buy it.  I think it was one of those cases.  Either that, or one of those cases where they want to shout at someone, in the building, but "can't" yell at their coworkers or supervisors.  But look, here comes the vendor!  [sigh]  It happens.  One of the only bad things about my job. 

That, and the guy who suddenly had a refund when he saw me taking a "large" wad of $1 bills out of a vending machine.  Oh, look, she has plenty to spare, I want some of that.  [sigh, rolleyes]  He didn't have a refund before.

We went to the bank.  We had not had time to count the money so we did it at the bank.  I felt safe, they have an armed guard and anyone can see it is only $1 bills.  We counted the money, should be enough to buy inventory and pay for my dental work. 

I forgot to mention, while at work I mailed my health insurance payment, and went to pay the dental discount program fee.  However, we were out of "Ron" checks.  We only had "Heather" checks and business checks.  Yes, we have separate accounts, me alone, him alone, the business.  The business can't pay for our teeth (we can't deduct it), and I only had enough to cover the health insurance plus a little extra (not the entire fee).  So, it didn't happen today.  That was my fault, if you want to point fingers.  I should have made a note when I wrote the last check. 

But we did our business and called Arturo, but it went to voicemail.  Without asking, Ron called Alex.  Alex was the one driver who came over one night when Ron was very drunk and extremely verbally abusive to me, in front of Alex, then Ron let his cat out - poor thing was huddled on the porch, soaking wet, the next day (she hasn't tried to get out, since).  So I was a little uncomfortable and embarrassed.  Not Alex' fault, but Ron's. 

At any rate Alex was close, and came quickly.  We got Ron in the cab, the wheelchair put up, me in the cab, then off to a drive through for lunch.  We got lunch (Baconator for me, the new chicken and bacon thing for Ron - Ron paid), and went home. 

I ate my food and took my pills.  I did up my pills last night and have 2 weeks' now.  That's always a nice feeling.  I will be glad when I get my Wild Yam pills. 

I have had some irregularities in my cycle the last several years.  I think I took some Wild Yam back when I was having hot flashes, and it worked very well. 

As I've said, I have some irregularities right now so I figure it will either help, or it won't.  Everything I have read says "hormone imbalance" so I will try to treat it herbally.  The "herb" is actually used for food in some countries so is totally safe.  And I took it before without any trouble. 

I still plan to get an exam, but I am in my mid 40's, odds are very strong it is menopause.  I am taking a pretty heavy duty iron supplement so I won't get anemic, not that it is a big issue right now. 

I am curious to see what happens when my next cycle rolls around. 

I laid down and actually slept pretty well for a while.  I slept in as late as I could, but woke up with a headache, so I got up and took something.  I got on the computer for a while, checked the email, etc.  I remembered to ask Ron for the checks, and hunted through his closet.  Closet wasn't too bad.  Some accounting stuff, a box of really old crackers, some things I was pretty sure he wanted, and a nice, new pair of shoes.  Interesting.  I couldn't find the checks, so I told Ron. 

It was dark by now, anyway, and he doesn't have a light in his room.  He went in there and rummaged around, found the deposit slips first (when we do a change deposit, they want a deposit slip), then the checks.  His system works for him, that's apparent. 

The house is a mess but we can generally find the important things when needed. 

I put the checks in the bag for work tomorrow.  I talked to Ron about the dentist (he was in a pretty good mood today) and we will call on Monday, find out about their discount plan, because we only ever use the one dentist anyway, pay that and get me in as soon as they can. 

But I don't want them to rush.  I would rather wait another day than have them trying to squish me in before lunch.  They did that with Ron once and I felt so bad for them.  Ron had some drinks and went back to bed, in a good mood. 

Biscuit begged for dinner and I fed him.  He is now lying next to my chair, sleeping on his back, looking adorable.  He is fat, though. 

I need to take him to that doctor from "My 600 pound life" and get him a cat-band!  I would do it if I felt it were safe for him, and would last.  I found a book for Ron in the mailbox, along with several insurance offers. 

We need to sit down and mail all his hospital bills.  We still have some left. 

If I go to bed now, I will get 9 hours of sleep.  I'm sure going to try for it! 

No comments: