Sunday, December 2, 2018

Sunday Night

We had a good early dinner, then came home.  Great drivers both ways, horrible traffic.

I decided to start on my Christmas shopping.  I may not feel like it due to depression but the gifts are not going to buy and ship themselves.

I knew what I was getting for my adoptive Mom and my aunt.  I know they will like it.  My aunt reads this occasionally so I can't say more.  Those are bought and shipped.

All I have to do is tell them not to look at the receipt, which, unfortunately, ships with this retailer.  No gift package option.

Now I have to do my Dad.  Now the pleaser Daddy's girl part of me wants to spend hours finding the perfect gift, but there are very good odds he may be indifferent, or not like it.  So the trick is to get a thoughtful gift, but not too thoughtful.  Not to be too invested in case he doesn't like it.

In my heart, I am still that little kid with a single Dad parent.  He was my whole world, and, back then, I thought I was his.  Being an adult now I can say that wouldn't have been healthy, long-term, for either of us.  But I still want to give him the best gift.

Speaking of the best gift, I was telling Ron about a cat cave, it is padded and very warm, about 20 inches across and 15 inches tall.  Torbie loves to hide in cozy places, a drawer, in between my clothes on top of the dresser, etc.  I think it would be perfect for her.

I told Ron I had it wish-listed and planned to buy it sometime.  He asked me how much it cost and gave me the cash, then told me to go buy it for her.  So I did.  We will see how they like it.

There is a small chance my adoptive mom may have mixed up my Amazon wish lists and already bought me one.  If that is the case, I don't have to worry about them competing for it.  More likely, if I just have the one, I will put it on my bed so Torbie can sleep in it near me, but in her warm little cave.

Or they may hate it.  There was a cat toy I bought last year.  I can't give too many details.  At any rate, it took the cats nearly a year to warm up to it.  Now they love it and sleep near it frequently.

Cats are fickle.

Tomorrow will be pretty quiet, just work and home, no errands.  That sounds fine to me.

I need to give Ron his shot on Tuesday.  Once I do that I may take a cab to Walmart.  I doubt he wants to take me for an hour or so that I'd need.

We'll see.

Edit, I found something nice for my Dad, in the budget, in one of his hobbies.  We will see how he likes it.  I paid for gift packaging from Amazon (the only Amazon gift except for the cats) so it should be OK. 

No comments: