Monday, December 10, 2018

"You're going to have to leave it"

We called Arturo and went to the computer guy.  He took it in the back and worked on it for a while.  We got there so late he had less than an hour, so, of course, he couldn't finish.  He told us we would have to leave it. 

Ron wasn't happy but I expected this, so I rolled him out of there, reminding Ron the man wanted to go home.  There was a food place next door with a surly owner.

Well, they had a big mexican roach coach (roadside food truck) right in front of his restaurant now, so I could relate.  It reminded me of the times people would bring food in and sell it right in our deli. 

That actually happened pretty recently.  Someone was going to Sam's and buying a couple dozen hot dogs, then bringing them to work and selling them.  Sam's no longer has the ketchup and mustard packets, too expensive, they just have the "squirt" type dispensers.  So they would bring plain hot dogs to work and sell them to the postal workers.  Then the workers would come to us demanding we give them free packets of mustard to put on the hot dogs they bought from someone else. 

So we waited there (I bought something) until Arturo came back and took us home.  Ron started drinking.  After a few drinks he gets pretty affectionate, sometimes.  So he started telling me how I was great, lucky to have me, etc.  Nice to hear but like the Bible says, horrible words also come out of that mouth, directed at me.  You can really only have one or the other. 

He wanted to "do something" for me, I asked him to treat Torbie better.  She just wants to love him.  If she wants to lay down next to his smelly foot, purring, he should let her.  He said he would.  He gave everyone treats, a couple of times, because they kept begging (I had just given them a can of Supreme Supper, which they love). 

After he had "enough" to drink, he got into the pizza leftovers from yesterday.  He ate a pretty good amount and I finally evicted him from the kitchen so I could make my own dinner. 

He went to bed.   Apparently, at some point, Torbie joined him and he welcomed her.  She is having a good time sleeping right next to his foot.  That's what I want to see.  Baby Girl is happy sleeping on her box.  Ron could use a companion.  Torbie wants to cuddle her Dad. 

I will be minus a Torbie at bed time but Biscuit will show up eventually. 

I had a healthy and nutritious dinner, a can of corn, a can of plain spaghettios.  I took my pills.  I took the bag off the back of Ron's wheelchair because he will be in and out of Arturo's cab tomorrow.  We also need to shove a computer back there and he doesn't have a huge cargo area. 

I pretty much rate all vehicles by a simple standard: can they hold the wheelchair?  How much additional room after the wheelchair? 

And tomorrow is going to come early so I'm going to bed in a little bit.  Have a good one! 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A can of corn and a can of spaghettios is neither healthy nor nutritious. Unless you were kidding!

Heather Knits said...

Definitely kidding. But it was good and filled me up so I could take my pills.

Anonymous said...

LOL that's good