Monday, December 31, 2018

I love that pan bread

I got to talking with Ron and mentioned how one reader had thought I went out on a date with Chuck. 

Which led to a discussion of what would happen to him if I did leave.  He would, I reminded him:
Lose his wife
Lose his business partner/employee
and
Lose his caregiver. 

He thought I was a little heavy-handed and told me so.  But it's been planted. 

I told him, flat-out, I would appreciate a little more appreciation, considering all I DO for him.  He said I shouldn't have to ask.  That my virtue, basically, would inspire it in him. 

No, he has had to be reminded repeatedly not to take me for granted.  A lot of you have seen that over the years. 

I left him drinking vodka and giving the cats treats.  I imagine they would lose a lot of weight on my rations alone if he left the house for a couple of days. 

Then he got to talking about his brother.  His brother was supposed to take care of Ron when he was younger, and, in some regards, failed dismally.  That all ended one day when his brother kidnapped me and treated me horribly, said some awful things, etc.  Ron said "I don't want you in my life unless you can treat her with the respect due my wife."  He bolted, never to be seen again. 

So I am in no hurry to "take him out to a steak dinner".  It would just ruin my digestion.  Ron asked me to bring him his phone and I "forgot". 

I will not bring it up again. 

I ordered Indian food from Grub Hub.  I am curious to see how it stacks up to what I normally eat.  They had a $5 coupon for the first order so I got two appetizers and extra pan bread. 

Oh, I love that pan bread. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

His brother kidnapped you???

Heather Knits said...

I'll write a blog about it.