Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Waiting on Torbie's house

So, lets talk about dinner.  The driver was 7 minutes late.  Ron was apoplectic.  He screamed at several people on the phone. 

The final straw, for him, was when #10 (new tenants just moved in) were playing loud r&b outside the house.  You could hear it all up and down the block.  Really annoying. 

I do not like r&b.  It all seems to be about people trying to seduce each other.  I was annoyed but Ron was very upset, he used some unrepeatable words and was working himself into higher states of frenzy.  He called in a noise complaint, to the police.  Hopefully that will "school" the new tenants that we don't act like we live in the ghetto, and make all the neighbors listen to "our" choice of music.  "We" are quiet and keep to ourselves.  Hopefully. 

Hopefully they don't remember us outside and associate it with the noise complaint.  Some ignorant neighbors just get worse if they know something bothers you.  They see it as their right to crap all over the neighborhood, but expect everyone to be quiet when THEY want it.  I am mainly thinking of the previous #2 when I say that. 

The ride finally came, she is very sweet.  There was another client with several shopping bags from high-end stores, in the back.  Ron was crude and profane on the way to the destination, but the driver is used to him. 

We got there and had our dinner.  Ron calmed down. 

As I figured, we had plenty of time to eat our food, before she came back.  We went back home. 

Ron went to bed.  I tried to use my computer, but Torbie was in my chair.  I picked her up and held her until she wiggled free.  She went to Ron and got in bed with him. 

Ron got very upset, felt I was "neglecting" and "abusing" Torbie because she had come to him for attention.  Torbie is naturally a very cuddly cat.  It doesn't mean anything that she went to him "instead" of me.  Cue him lecturing me. 

Then he started trying to push my buttons by talking about my mother.  My birth mother was an alcoholic, unmedicated bipolar, and criminally neglectful.  Ron started comparing me to her and saying I was just like my mother. 

I was upset, but didn't show it, because if he sees me "bleed" he will never leave it alone.  I just ignored him while he talked about how Torbie was "suffering" because I "didn't love her enough", etc.  I sleep with her for several hours every night.  She gets in my lap whenever she wants.  She lays by the tub when I shower, sometimes.  She sleeps in my chairs.  Torbie does not suffer from Heather deficiency. 

If anything, she feels a lack from Ron, who is so rabidly partial to Baby Girl, he shoves Torbie out of bed in the hopes it will make Baby Girl come and sleep with him.  I would love the one you're with, but he doesn't see it that way. 

Torbie knows I love her.  I often end up in the most uncomfortable sleeping positions so she can be comfortable.  I just bought her a house so she can have a cozy place to sleep.  I spent twice as much on Torbie as I did my other gifts.  Most importantly, I am the one feeding, changing the water, and cleaning the litter box regularly.  That's what she really needs. 

Anyone can pet her. 

I'm going to do some laundry while I wait on Torbie's house to arrive. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope Torbie loves her new kitty house!

Heather Knits said...

She's such a sweet cat and loves the smallest things. Still waiting, it is on the truck, out for delivery per tracking. A friend of mine who is a mail carrier says he is working until 9 most nights.

I tried another can of Friskies on them and it seems very popular, Gravy Lovers Salmon. They ate Supreme Supper down to nothing. I will have to get more of that.