Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Tuesday

Ron told me our pickup was 8 AM.  "Oh boy" I told him "I get to sleep in".  

And I did.  I went to bed pretty early and slept well.  I got up and took my shower, got ready for work, got Ron ready.  

And we waited.  Ron's mood got progressively grimmer.  Our driver was over half an hour late.  Full of excuses, but had the nerve, being that late, to stand outside the cab and text for a couple of minutes after she got the wheelchair loaded.  Whatever it is, it can wait.  And I have said this to drivers - it can wait, whatever it is.  I would spend entire days away from my husband, before we had cell phones, and did just fine.  Now I was pissed.  

I also noticed a fresh-looking Starbucks treat bag next to her seat.  About the only positive thing I could say: it was a new cab and it had plenty of leg room in the back row, unlike previous models.  Ron asked where she was, and started yelling when I told him.  She got back in, slowly, with attitude.  

We're going to work, right?  So she takes the absolute slowest route and continues to make excuses.  I did not tell Ron she was taking the slowest route, it would have just led to confrontation.  

We get to work and she gets out, flirts with the police officer.  Then she gets the wheelchair out.  Finally in the building.  

Ron ate up most of my time, helping him, and I did not have enough supplies to do a really good stock.  A big part of Ron's day was taking 2000 nickels out of the vending machine, to go to the bank.  But he found more nickels and decided to sort 3000 into the jar.  It was very heavy.  That's $150.  

Ron has trouble with a standard jar of change, something like this is impossible, and, frankly, I expect a bad night for him.  But that's on him.  He told me not to help, so I didn't.  I can't go wrecking my back because he got greedy and wanted another $50.  

I got him loaded into the wheelchair and carefully took him out.  It was very precarious, with Ron shouting at me periodically and adjusting in the wheelchair.  Next time we go to work, I am bringing the wheelchair legs so I can give him some additional stability.  

I got him out.  Happily our next ride was on time.  He wanted to know about the vending business.  I had to tell him we are not standard vendors, we are in a program for blind people (because they have 70% unemployment).  I don't think he processed it.  

He wasn't necessarily a hustler, just one of those guys who is compulsively going to start one business after another because he can't bear the thought of working for someone else.  We told him, more than once, you are better off working for someone else.  

He didn't want to hear that.  He took what he wanted away from our discussion.  We got to the bank and got out, carefully.  Ron didn't have a fun time holding the change as we went up the ramp but my "boyfriend" the security guard held the door for us - he always does - a really nice guy.  

We got in there and did our business.  Ron has a credit now.  We also changed some small bills into $20's for him.  Then we called Arturo.  We had a little bit of a wait for him but that was OK.  It is nice not to give him directions.  

He came, we went through a drive through.  Ron had wanted to go out later but they altered the trip so much it wasn't worth taking.  So I told him to cancel it.  We just went through a drive through, or that was the plan.  

We arrived at the drive-through at 12:20, the height of the lunch rush.  6 cars, Arturo counted, in line.  I got out of the cab and went into the restaurant.  They were pretty fast considering.  Ron wanted tacos so I got him exactly what he wanted.  I did call him about another item I thought he might find interesting, but he said no.  

I got a milkshake and a bacon cheeseburger.  I took it all back out to the cab (Arturo is very gracious about allowing food in the vehicle, but we don't eat anything that will make a mess), and we went home.  I got Ron in the house and then portioned out the food.  Ron ate his tacos while I made short work of the bacon cheeseburger and milkshake.  Then I took my pills, and a nap.  

I woke up with wracking abdominal cramps, and then I added some new symptoms I will not mention.  I am glad I have a small house, with a short distance to the bathroom.  The cats were smart enough to get out of the way.  

Ron is asleep and pretty quiet, so I won't bother him.  

I did tell him I planned to take a cab to Walmart tomorrow.  He complained about the cost.  I told him it's my money to spend, and mentioned the fact he has said he does not want to take me, in the past.  While I was asleep, he made a trip to Walmart tomorrow.  I can check on his trips.  He also made another trip to eat out.  

I hope my guts are happier by then.  

No comments: