Sunday, December 9, 2018

Washer math

Ron woke up around 12:30.  Pretty decent mood for him.  I took a nap with Torbie and Biscuit around 1, and slept until 4.  I have been having odd dreams lately. 

Last night I had a very vivid dream about a viral outbreak.  I had another dream like that (not an outbreak, but I think some sort of battle) during my nap.  When I woke up Biscuit was gone (I might have moved around too much) but Torbie was still there. 

And the [censored] headache was back.  I got up and took MORE painkiller.  I got back on the computer and watched some more TV.  Ron woke up and we ordered pizza.  He likes a thin crust with BBQ sauce, double chicken, and onions.  I got cheesy bread and a diet Coke. 

Then I got started on the laundry.  Since I have an HE washer, it has a high spin and an imbalance will make it jump all over the laundry room.  I have to balance everything, a pair of jeans on one side, a pair of jeans on the other.  But I only had one each of Ron's sweatshirts, and his twill slacks.  I hope they will balance each other out OK.  We're halfway through the cycle and so far we are OK. 

Washer math, I thought.  One pair twill slacks equals one sweatshirt.  Ron made a real mess of his pants the other night and they had to be washed.  Although he does have another pair if I don't finish it tomorrow morning. 

I also had to pretreat some stains.  The slacks had some sort of sauce all over, but it looked like it would come out pretty easily, so I just added some detergent booster to the washer before I ran the load.  I also configured it to "deep wash", "heavy soils" etc. 

The washer has given me a few scares but overall works.  It doesn't get a lot of use, 1-2 loads a week, so that helps preserve it as well. 

The pizza arrived.  I always go out on the porch and shut the door behind me, so the cats don't get out.  The delivery person is always very understanding.  He gave me a compliment, said the other delivery people really like me.  I thought that was very sweet.  I was glad I had both candy, and a decent tip, for him. 

I went inside without checking my items but I got both my marinara sauces, my soda, my bread, and Ron's pizza made perfectly.  Ron and I both remarked on the large pieces of chicken, all over the pizza.  I guess the company upscaled. 

Ron ate a good amount of his pizza, reminding himself, aloud, he has dysphagia (trouble swallowing) and to chew everything really well before swallowing.  He has had some incidents when the food didn't go down and it scared him pretty bad. 

He should really be on a pureed foods diet but neither of us has the stomach for it.  I would be miserable if I had to eat baby food for the rest of my life.  So would he.  Overall he does very well eating so I feel fine with him on a normal diet. 

Thank God he doesn't require tube feeding like he did after his accident.  He had a tube down his nose for a good month after the accident.  He kept trying to pull it out, they had to put him in restraints.  The stupid pump was always clogging and setting off alarms.  Horrible, but he needed nourishment. 

He did lose about 80 pounds while he was in the hospital.  Hard to believe, but back then he was about 240.  I remember how hard it was, back then, to find 40+ inch waist pants with a 28 inseam.  When we got married he had lost so much weight he had to buy a new suit. 

I don't know if you have them, but Houston has a lot of discount suit places.  They have everything from a traditional suit to flashier designs designed to attract a lot of attention.  Very reasonable prices.  Ron hasn't needed to wear the suit since 2009, when we went on the family reunion cruise. 

I don't really have anything dressy in my current size.  Happily my church, when I can get there, is a very casual place.  It is not uncommon to see flip flops at services. 

I just wish the pastor would stop saying people don't need mental illness medication.  That one is just wrong, but he says it frequently. 

I doubt he would want me around the flock if I were off my meds.  He would especially not want me near the kids.  But [shrug] everyone has that one opinion that won't budge. 

I am going to stick with the fact that God did not use me for evangelism until AFTER I got medicated and stable.  Yes, I "did more" back when I had stronger manias, but I think God would rather have me stable. 

This depression has been bad enough, even with medication.  I would hate to see it without.  [shudder]  At least I am functional.  I provided dinner, I did laundry, I collected trash and recycles and took them out to the proper bins.  The cats are happy and well fed.  I just changed their water.  Ron is well fed and has clean clothes. 

A while ago, after Ron ate, he fed the girls cat treats.  He welcomed BOTH girls into bed and fed them both.  I was very happy.  I hate to see favoritism with pets, or people.  He called Biscuit but Biscuit is off doing Biscuit things and can't be bothered. 

He is probably also full from "Supreme Supper" by Friskies.  It got as good a reception tonight as it did the first time I served it.  He and Baby Girl were competing for the food, shoving each other and gobbling at a high rate.  Clearly enjoying it.  Good. 

So he was probably full, because he did eat a lot.  I will have to buy more.  I am happy to see it is so popular, it costs almost half what the other stuff does, AND is a bigger serving.  A horrible looking list of ingredients but they seem happy with it. 

Walmart always seems to have plenty, which is even better.  I will buy their dry special, I have to make a special trip to the pet store every time, but it, in my opinion, is worth it.  But it is great to just throw some cans of wet food into my cart at Walmart. 

My laundry should be about done.  When I finish it, I'm going to bed. 

Have a good one! 

No comments: