Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Not a good night

Ron did not let me sleep again last night.  Not Happy about that. 

He apparently woke up in the middle of the night to use the toilet.  That's fine, I can sleep through that if he uses it and flushes 1-2 times, then goes back to bed or to the kitchen.  I was awakened, though, by constant flushing, one flush after another after another. 

One of Ron's peculiarities is that he believes the toilet should make a certain sound when flushed, if it does not he will keep flushing until it does.  I tell him "everything went down", he doesn't care.  It didn't make the right noise.  And then he holds the handle down for 30 seconds each time so the tank can't fill, so OF COURSE it's not going to make a "good" noise.  He won't hear me when I try to tell him that. 

He didn't used to be so obsessed with it.  This is fairly new, the last couple years.  Sometimes he just flushes and rolls out of there, other times he hunches over the toilet, cursing, and pushing the lever again and again.  I never know.  I finally said something and he shouted at me, and kept flushing. 

I decided, if he was doing it to piss me off, yelling at him would be his "reward" "My wife is a bitch, I was just trying to flush the toilet and...".  If he had something else at play shouting at him has never worked in the past, anyway.  So I lay there and he flushed and flushed a good dozen additional times, then he left. 

I got up (I made a point of not checking the time) because I had a tooth/gum ache.  It was pretty bad last night.  I finally put some topical pain reliever (that stuff that tastes awful) on it and I was able to fall asleep.  Until Ron accidentally yanked the headphone cord out of the talking book machine.  He says it is broken and needs to be repaired, it is not "supposed" to do that but God only knows how he's abusing it.  He doesn't want to give it up because he won't be able to read any books until it comes back.  He keeps putting it off, keeps unplugging it and waking me up at night. 

So, not a good night.  Then the garbage truck came by at 7 AM and started taking trash.  So I couldn't sleep in. 

I gave up and got up.  I used the toilet and flushed, sounded fine to me. 

I ate a snack and took my pills.  Ron told me the computer guy had finished his computer - he was able to take the old hard drive and put it in a new system.  I am so sick of Ron's computer drama.  Ron has been begging the man to do this for over a week.  I assumed Ron would want to go right away. 

I took a shower.  Ron sat in the kitchen throwing back one shot after another, until he couldn't even speak intelligently.  I asked about the computer.  He said he would get it "later" and he "needed to sleep".  Well, yeah, you were up all night playing with the toilet.  I figured there was no safe way to transport Ron in that shape anyway.  He would absolutely fall trying to get in or out of a vehicle. 

During my shower, the toilet made strange bubbling noises, but it was just air bubbles coming out of the line.  I flushed it after I got out and it hasn't made any noise, since. 

I think the water level was too low, in the bowl. 

I am done trying to figure out that toilet, but I am not going to freak out over it like Ron does. 

So, we're not going to get the computer, the logical move.  I guess I will try to take a nap while he is quiet.  I finished the load of laundry. 

I used the rose facial wipes this morning.  Nice scent, not too strong, moisturizing, my skin isn't dry.  I will see how it is tomorrow morning, that will be my answer.  Sometimes cleansers don't get the oil on my noise (my Dad is almost 80 and he still has oily skin).  We will see. 

Anyway, I'm going to grab a snack and a nap. 

No comments: