Thursday, December 27, 2018

Still not calling it a hoodie

I went to sleep pretty easily last night, I think the allergy pill helped.  And, as accustomed, Torbie got on me purring and being cute.  I went to sleep.  It was windy, then, later, it started raining, off and on rain and wind. 

The wind was pretty gusty.  I woke up at 4 AM when the power went off.  Well, crap.  Ron wanted to talk and I bit his head off, I wanted to sleep. 

Still tempted to make enough noise to wake #6.  Maybe they are so accustomed to sleep deprivation from all their kids they don't think twice about sleep depriving the neighbors.  If they think of us at all, which I doubt. 

But I could just see me going over there and banging on the door 'till someone answered.  "Hey, did you know the power's out?"  [sticking my tongue out]

I really need some emoticons.  Or emojis, whatever they call them these days. 

I lay in bed, trying desperately to sleep.  I couldn't.  I got up after about 20 minutes and told Ron I was up.  Then we talked.  I fed the cats. 

I turned on my battery operated lantern and realized it wasn't giving much light, so I changed the batteries.  I have a place for my batteries.  It was pretty easy to change it out with the aid of the flashlight I asked for last year.  I actually use it a fair amount. 

I got the light situated and, between the flashlight and the lantern, was pretty well set.  I ate a protein bar and took my pills. 

I even made up some lemonade with vitamin C powder so I'd get better iron absorption from my multi vitamin (iron).  I still have the cycle-that-will-not-die so I don't want to get anemic. 

Annnd, the power's back.  I turned off my lantern and flashlight.  We still have thunder and rain but the worst of the wind is gone. 

I got my computer going.  I had left the hoodie page open on my browser.  I went and talked to Ron.  "Did you want the heavyweight or standard weight?"  Turns out only a 1 ounce difference but I didn't know that.  Standard weight, Ron said. 

I got him a black, in a large.  We'll see how he likes it.  I made sure to get the large, full zip.  I think he will like it a lot better than the sweatshirts he wears. 

It cost a little more than Walmart, but I have Prime and they say I will have it Sunday (probably Saturday, I'm guessing).  I am not far from one distribution center.  I just double checked, black, large, full zip.  OK, I think I'm good. 

I guess I can add "Stylist" to my job description for Ron.  I think our customers and drivers will feel more comfortable with Ron in a hoodie, anyway. 

I have the day off, it is pouring, and we knew that days ago - it would rain, so no planned trips today.  I plan to take my shower, watch some TV, take a nap, etc. 

Not sure what I'll do for dinner.  Last night I had some really awful mac and cheese in a can.  It was ghastly.  I still have some spaghettios, chili, beef stew, so I have things to eat.  It's just which appeals, and will work with my medication. 

I have been involved in an online discussion about mental illness and medication.  One guy accused me of being "drugged".  Not quite! 

In another thread he said he was worried about his personal safety in his neighborhood.  Knowing what he said to me, and has said to others, I told him to "stop ticking people off" - the curse word filter doesn't like the word "pissing", but that's what I meant, "Stop pissing people off". 

And I thought the guy who wasn't taking his meds, and raving about demons, was bad. 


No comments: