Tuesday, December 11, 2018

It's not over yet

It's been a long day, and it's not over yet! 

Got up at 5:30, according to my alarm clock.  Got ready, went to work.  Had some difficulties with Ron, I need to talk to him about the verbal abuse but it's not going to work, today, and maybe not tomorrow, either. 

I finally sent him off to the stockroom to count the money we took out of the machines.  He did that.  I stocked. 

At one point I was sitting down at a table.  Ron could hear I was sitting down and derisively asked what I was doing.  "Tagging the pastry" I told him - true.  "They really like their honey buns" I continued.  He scoffed at me but left me alone. 

He was just UGLY at work today.  One time, over 20 years ago, he had a BBQ on our little grill on the balcony, just the two of us.  I was very depressed and that did not improve with the addition of smoked meat.  He got very upset at me for "failing to get in the BBQ spirit".  That's sort of how I felt today, this is our busy time, we are actually making a little money, let's support our customers and each other. 

He doesn't seem to agree. 

Anyway, we left and went to the bank.  We made a deposit. 

I had asked Ron, yesterday, about the credit card.  Had he made a payment?  We had a $500 balance on it and I don't like to have things unpaid.  Not to mention that will thrash his credit.  So, yesterday, he paid the thing off. 

BUT that meant he only had $30 in the checking account, we had to fix that.  I thought it was funny we both independently felt we should put $300 into the account.  Great minds thinking alike! 

He was in a much better mood, at the bank. 

We made the deposit and changed the $1's into 20's, a much better medium to pay the computer guy.  Ron was going to go straight to the computer guy but I persuaded him to call first.  And, the computer guy said, not ready yet, it will be a couple of hours. 

GLAD he called.  I did not want to wait around at the computer place for 3 hours. 

So Ron called Arturo.  We went through a drive through.  I got a Jumbo Jack combo ($4 on Tuesday, here in Houston at least).  Ron got tacos.  He loves the tacos. 

We came home and ate.  Since we were not only going to the computer guy, but hopefully working on the report, I decided to wait on my afternoon/evening meds.  8 PM and I still haven't taken them.  I will, before I go to bed. 

I just want to be sharp to help Ron on the computer.  I am caffeinated but not overly so. 

I took a nap (glad I did!).  I slept a couple of hours.  I was awakened by the Walmart computer calling Ron to tell him his pain meds are done.  That's good.  At least there won't be any drama with getting them this time. 

That must also mean he "passed" his urine test. 

Ron called the computer guy, who said that yes, it was ready.  He called Arturo, who was working dozens of miles away, at the Galleria mall, most likely trying to get some quick Christmas money.  Ron called an alternate who lives nearby, a nice Indian man. 

I do have to say I am loving Indian guys today (from the subcontinent, not Native).  At the bank, as we were leaving, an older white man let the door slam in Ron's face as I was attempting to push him outside.  An Indian man ran over and held the door for us.  Then we had the Indian cab driver, who was super nice and helpful, fast, too. 

We got to the computer place and I pushed Ron inside.  I am debating how many details to share, not because they are secret but do you really want to hear it? 

I will share some.  The old computer was fried.  The tech was able to get Ron's files off the hard drive and put them on a new computer with a clean version of XP (that is what Ron's screen reader needs), with a spreadsheet program as well.  But there were problems loading the talking computer program onto the hard drive.  It keeps saying it can't work on a Windows 2000, but it isn't.  It's a Windows XP.  But it is talking, and I had Ron open and manipulate his spreadsheets while we were there.  So that works. 

We called the Indian guy again after ascertaining Arturo was still across town.  We found a paratransit cab in our driveway.  It was early for our trip to the Waffle House, which I didn't know about.  Ron had forgotten to tell me. 

It was only providence we got home in time to catch it.  I put the computer, and some packages that had arrived, away, and off we went.  Ron literally got out of one cab and into another (he used the wheelchair). 

We went and had a pretty good meal.  Then we had a very long wait (over an hour) to go home.  Ron fell asleep with his head hanging down.  We got home. 

I put everything away and Ron started setting up the computer while I checked the mail and put the garbage away.  Ron got some scam thing in the mail that he can get a $50K "disbursement" and "Live in his home as long as he wants" which sounds like one of those reverse mortgage scams.  I threw it away and will tell him about it tomorrow. 

I got a flyer for long term care insurance.  I would get AFLAC if I had more money, but not much disposable right now.  We are doing good to pay my life insurance, it is up to about $30 a month now.  We will never get it that cheap with me bipolar at over 200 pounds, in my 40's.  Never. 

And a credit card bill, which doesn't matter because Ron paid it yesterday. 

Ron is working on his computer right now.  He says he needs to configure the voice to it does what he wants, then he can work on the spreadsheets.  The report is due by midnight.  It's not looking good. 

But we do have tomorrow off and only a trip to Walmart (to get his medicine, cat litter for me, etc.)  Not that I use the litter box!  :p  He may cancel that tomorrow if we are up very late tonight. 

We will see what happens.  Worst case we get a penalty mark on our account with the State, for filing late. 

Well, that's encouraging.  I can hear Ron doing data entry.  We might just pull this off after all. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you ever recorded his abuse and played it back to him?

Heather Knits said...

Mixed results on that, but he truly thinks it is deserved. If i wouldn't "act stupid" he wouldn't "need" to verbally abuse me. Classic abuser mentality.

He is always shocked when he makes a mistake and I don't flog him over it. I just ask him how he will prevent it from happening again, or I start reminding him to do whatever.

He is aware enough to realize he goes off on me when he is stressed out (NOT excusing it) but not aware enough to realize he is abusing me.

I was going to say "without cause" but there is never cause for verbal abuse. If you are that unhappy with someone you should leave.