Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Tuesday morning

I slept pretty well last night.  I got up and found Ron awake and alert.  I talked to him for quite a while. 

I found a loose Rottweiler when I went to take out the garbage, and was NOT surprised I couldn't find the cats.  Mama must have hid them.  The neighbor is normally a nice, quiet, guy, lives with his mother, a veteran.  But he did let the dog run loose while he did yard work.  I was just glad the dog did not find the cats.  It didn't bother me. 

I got on Amazon and found a small fridge for Ron, he is very excited.  So I bought it (he will pay me back Thursday).  I got offline as he began drinking. 

He got pretty soaked and I got him to bed, Torbie got in bed with him. 

I got dressed in my bike shorts and tshirt, did my workout.  16 minutes on the bike, 22 minutes of Kettlebells, and 7 minutes of stretching.  I saw Spot on the porch so I took out some food, Mama cat came running over.  I put the food down but she didn't want it.  She wanted petting, and a lot of it.  I obliged. 

She reminded me of Bubba, the black cat.  I lived in a small duplex subdivision and we had one main street with a row of houses on either side.  Bubba lived down the street, until his owner moved and left him behind.  I had made friends with him because I love all cats.  He came to me and I started feeding him.  I asked the landlord, she said to "get rid of" him.  I said he was my cat. 

But every night I used to take the food out and sit down.  He would come running and climb all over my lap, head butts, purring, wanting lots of petting.  Once he got a couple minutes of that he would eat.  He did a great job introducing himself to Ron so he got to stay, and stay he did. 

Mama reminds me of him when she does that.  The kittens are still fearful, which I think is a good thing.  I am not sure they have the wits to tell one human from another. 

I did find it interesting the cats came AFTER #6 loaded all the kids and rolled out.  The kids are not kind to cats. 

Mama cat did go eat after she got enough petting.  I went back in the house and let the cats sniff my hand but they were pretty indifferent. 

Ron is still asleep.  I will be loading all the cats into their carriers around 2:20.  I ate breakfast, took my pills, and had a shower.  Since I will be going out I used conditioner.  It is more of a hassle but I don't want to go to the vet with frizzy ends. 

It is after 12, it is not looking good for a nap today.  I have a headache rolling around wanting to "present" but I am fighting it.  If I have to, I will take some kratom.  It has better results than the headache pills.  I might try a snack, lie down, and get a quick nap while I can. 

I wonder if Mama cat is a nap time cuddler? 

4 comments:

Spankadoo said...

“I wonder if mama cat is a nap time cuddler” LOLOLOL I would have a hard time giving them all up especially Spot ! I love orange kitties

Anonymous said...

Great get ron a mini fridge so he can keep the vodka in his bedroom and not have to go into the kitchen for it.

Refrigerated Piss and Vodka said...

Dare I ask what Ron will store in this new fridge?

Heather Knits said...

Fridge will only fit a few cans/bottles of soda. He likes Big Pineapple soda. The vodka won't fit, it's really a small fridge.

Spot is a male, I checked today, and available for adoption, Spank! Take him and his calico sister, they love to play together.