Friday, July 5, 2019

Friday morning

It's a good thing we aren't going to work today.

1.  Miserable migraine yesterday and most of last night.
2.  Fireworks kept waking me up.
3.  Ron kept waking me up.

I am not sure why I found him in the kitchen, not long ago.  Probably drinking, had taken the lid off the jar of cat treats.  I took him over by his bed and left him,then found him out in the hall again, a little later.  I took him back to bed and encouraged him to get in.

We had some fun getting him in, he almost feel 2x.  But I got him properly stuffed.  But I was awake now.  Good news he wasn't in any pain.  I had given him some Kratom and it did the trick.  This time I gave him 3 capsules (1.5 grams) for severe pain, seems to be a good dose.  1 gram works for everyday but 1.5 seems to be the way to go on Very Bad Days.  2 grams makes him groggy.

Pretty hard to go back to sleep after stuffing Ron into bed, twice.  So I gave up on that, got up, fed Biscuit.  The other cats weren't hungry so I figured Ron gave them treats.  Happily the treats are 100% nutritionally complete.  So they say.

If the girls act hungry of course I will feed them.  I didn't have Torbie in bed last night due to the fireworks.  Older cats, I've noted, really hate them.  Bubba used to participate (black cat) with us hanging out while we lit everything off, sniffing things after they stopped, etc.  Once he got around 9 years old that all stopped and he began crying and hiding - so of course we stopped it all.  I don't do anything but the neighbors do, I enjoy listening to them, but the cats don't like it.

It's only 2 days a year - we do fireworks Christmas to New Years here.  It is a uniquely Texas custom, I think.  We never did any sort of fireworks growing up except for one time I visited my "other" uncle (a nice guy, lives in the SW) who set off a whole spread.  I got a little overwhelmed and hid.  I was about 11.

The cats will be OK.  Hard to believe only about a week until I take them to the vet for their yearly.  Torbie is getting her nails done.  She likes to paw my face too much.  The other cats are OK.  Baby Girl has a few mats I will try to trim off before our visit.  She hates having me touch them, though.  Worst case I will have the vet shave her (spot, not the whole body - Ron would FREAK if I did that).  Then they get exams, shots, and I am going to have vet apply their topical flea treatment.  Torbie hates getting that done and she will be "handled" anyway for the rest so why not?  It doesn't cost anymore, just the cost of the treatment which I have to pay anyway.

If the vet suggests it we will do a blood test for Torbie, who is pretty old.  Average cat lives to about her age so kind of a question how long I've got.  She has been awesome and NO regrets at all.  I just want her comfortable.

I do wish I could get Torbie on some glucosamine.  I see her, when she gets up she has to do some ballet/yoga stretching to get going, so her joints are stiff (stop rolling them so tight, ha ha).  I would like to help that but she has refused everything with glucosamine in it.  I have her on a good cat food for seniors so that's about all I can do.

Biscuit is fantastically healthy, thanks to Royal Canin Urinary SO.  GREAT stuff, I am now a "top fan" on their Facebook.  He is tremendously healthy and completely normal.  It is so good to see him well.  He will have to be boarded for our conference.  We will leave Friday and come back Sunday, I will pick him up Monday after work.  They will keep a good eye on him and spoil him.  I have no worries on that count.  I was really struck when I was taking him home, after his illness, the tech reached him and petted him a few times, before picking him up and moving him into his cage.  Biscuit is very pettable and it was good to see they liked him.  Apparently I will get a report card on how well he did at "camp", when I pick him up.  He is not aggressive at all so I'm not worried.

Oh, and they want stool samples.  I am not sure how - well, I will have to watch the litter box and scoop them up, if I can.  They tend to use it when I'm not around, though, and it is impossible to tell the results apart.  "This one is Torbie, this is Biscuit"

I just went to the kitchen to get another Diet Dr Pepper, the headache is pretty much gone so I can do kettlebells.  I noticed my Triscuit in the kitchen.  They sent me garlic because they were out of herb.  I would have liked a plain Triscuit yesterday with the headache, but not the garlic!  I may have to add some plain ones on to my next order.

My very favorite outfit is a big loose t-shirt over something fitted.  The last time I did Kettlebells I wore an oversized t-shirt over my bike shorts, super comfortable and loose.  But I kept catching the shirt when I did the get-ups.  So I will have to wear something more fitted this time.

My deodorant is still going strong, I didn't shower yesterday or this morning (yet) so I am impressed.  I use the deodorant crystal.  We can't really have scented products around the food at work so it is easier.

I like to do the workout, then take my shower.  I will eat after my workout, I do better fasted.  I don't like a lot of food sloshing around, especially when I'm doing weights - it is just uncomfortable.  I will have to use my clarifying shampoo as I have a greasy nest right now on my head, but I will get it squeaky clean.

I am back to thinking about the purple hair color again, I will have to give it a few days and get my head back in balance (I can tell I am starting to get manic) before I buy anything, or use it.  It's not going anywhere.

Happily there is pretty much no dress code at work (except shoes, which all the employees break: I do not) so purple hair will fit right in.  I have a fair amount of white on the crown of my head so it should show up nicely as purple, then a few streaks.  If I do this I will get a picture done and post it.

Off I go for a while to have fun before I do my workout.  At least I can contemplate the idea of swinging a kettlebell today.

And Ron just fell... I had better go investigate.  On the floor, belligerent, smashing his foot into his urinal bottle.  I asked him to stop, he told me to go away (and leave him on the floor).  I will.  I got a look at his back, he has some abrasions from falling another time I guess.  On the positive side he is not in pain.  He would be yelling if he were.  He is about out of vodka so he can't get any drunker until he gets a delivery.

Ugh.  There is not an air freshener that will help me if he ruptures that nasty half-full (one quart of old urine) urinal.  Times like this people are like "do this or that, you have to do something".  Sometimes the best thing to do is to let him get it out of his system and leave him alone for a while.  I made room for him on the floor, offered to help, that's about all I can do.  He will get into bed when he sobers up.

In the meantime I go back to my regularly scheduled plan to have some fun online before I do my workout.

Edit: he finally asked for help, it basically consisted of watching him flop around on the floor for a while.  He got on his knees and I helped once he got his butt off the floor, lifted him up and shoved him into bed, adjusted to be comfortable, and put everything back. 

I had to move his wheelchair and another chair when he fell, I could put them back once he was in bed.  I am glad I am working out with weights. 

The abrasions on his back weren't as bad as I thought, from whatever other time he fell and got up on his own.  But I do need to clean the floor in there. 

No comments: