Saturday, July 6, 2019

A day out on the bus

I slept pretty well last night, a very long sleep, and am less manic today.  Ron gave me some money this morning and I decided to go to Walmart.  On the bus. 

That would get my "outing" but I couldn't get into much trouble.  I needed to get new shoes to replace the ones Biscuit wrecked, for instance, and I wanted to get some "color treated" shampoo in case I do go with the purple rinse. 

I like to be deliberate in my choices, these days.  I probably broke a fashion rule, I wore faded black capris, a black t-shirt, black sneakers and white ankle socks.  Pretty sure the last broke a rule but I was riding the bus.  To Walmart.  So not real worried about impressing anyone. 

I left and waited a while at the bus stop, texted the bus company, they said another half an hour!  AUGH.  But the bus came 2 minutes later so glad to see Next Bus Texting is still messed up.  They are in my phone book. 

Got on the bus, rode to the transit center.  Whenever I ride the bus there is always a cripple somewhere along the route, who boards, to remind me of Ron.  Every single time. 

I think it's because they get free rides if they jump through a few hoops. 

I got to the transit center and took out my waterproof Bible, read a couple of Psalms and the bus came.  Interestingly enough, no one else boarded the bus, I had my own private bus and pick of the seats.  I picked some forward facing ones. 

I could have stood to bring another drink with me, I got pretty dried out at the transit center.  You cannot (not supposed to, or could get a ticket) eat or drink on the bus.  You could probably get away with feeding a toddler/baby but not adults. 

We picked up the disabled guy, a woman with a cart, a couple of homeless guys who didn't want to pay, and some very loud and vulgar young men who had a loud conversation.  I got off in front of the Walmart. 

I got a cart that had clearly been sitting in the sun for a while, UV is a natural disinfectant so good deal for me.  I pushed it to the store.  I was pretty dry so I got a soda from the vending machine, they are always nice and chilly cold.  I drank half of that and then did my shopping. 

I got a bottle of color treated shampoo from Suave, some female products, soda (diet Mountain Dew, addicted to the stuff), looked around, got the shoes (same as what I was wearing), socks, etc.  I went over to the jerky section and found Ron's new favorite meat stick.  2 sticks have 7 grams of protein and that is excellent for Mr I Don't Want Anything.  He will munch on those all day. 

So I got 10 pouches.  [Ron was thrilled when I presented them]  I left plenty for the other customers. 

I was done, after I got some water filters for the cats' fountains.  I remembered how much I had liked these protein "cake bites", and bought 2 boxes of them.  They taste like a vanilla cake, but are low sugar and have 20 grams of protein.  I will have to try one on Ron. 

Then I checked out.  I called Arturo who came in 15 minutes (I was a little out of his home range).  We had a good ride home and I got everything in the house in one trip. 

I gave Ron his jerky (thrilled, and he started eating one) and put everything away.  I used to have a bad habit of bringing stuff in and just dumping it, too depressed to put it away.  Now I put things away before I sit down. 

I am getting ready to take a nap.  Ron is waiting on an alcohol delivery, I will not help - I never help - but after all the racket of that is done I will lie down for a little bit.  I will take a walk when I get up, I already laid out my clothes for that. 

I didn't do a huge amount of workouts this week but I got my goal of 150 minutes cardio, and two kettlebell workouts. 

Ron lost 2 of his urinals, I can't find them.  Not sure what happened there, but at least they were capped.  He still has 2 left so not a crisis.  I am drinking some diet juice so he can get that bottle when I finish. 

The cats have been good, it is sunny, humid, and hot outside so they are happy to be in the air conditioning. 

I'll post again after my walk. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe he drank the piss when he was in another blackout. So nasty and gross. Why don't you let him pee in his empty vodka bottles? Why won't you make him empty and clean those nasty things daily? Plus encouraging him to collect more urinals for his bedroom by giving him your empty juice bottles, WTH? Maybe when he starts defacating in a trash can you will draw some kind of line in the sand. If he can take a crap by himself he can certainly use the toilet for urinating in.

Anonymous said...

How nice of him to give you some of "YOUR" and "HIS" money. What a real keeper he is. How much did he tip for the vodka another $400?

Heather Knits said...

I didn't ask, he knows we need to buy inventory tomorrow so I assume he kept enough back from that. The cab driver seemed happy when he drove off (Ron asked me to make sure the driver was gone before he lowered the garage door).

Heather Knits said...

I told Ron how upset some readers get over the urinals. The whole bottles. Last I saw them he asked me to put them over by the toilet so he could empty them. I did that, 3 of them lined up. And then poof.

The male organ is really not designed to fit in a vodka bottle. Besides, he is using a brand that comes in glass. I just recycle the glass bottles, I don't toss them.

I have never put up a video of Ron's difficulty getting up and into the wheelchair. So you don't understand.