Saturday, July 20, 2019

Kitten pics and Saturday

Who wants kitten pictures?  You do.  And you want them first so I will give them to you. 






A lot of people in my family are real photo bugs, one is a professional, one could be.  Clearly I am not but you get the idea.  Small calico is very shy, I named her Cleo.  Small orange and white male is Spot, and then Mama calico. 

I slept OK, but didn't want to get up and take a walk so I did it later.  Did get up and got us both ready, off we went to the warehouse.  I bought our supplies, not a heck of a lot because it has been slow. 

Jack came and took us to work. 

Yesterday they were waxing part of our area.  It involves using a floor stripper, buffer, mopping, etc.  It is a long and involved process where no one can walk on the floor.  They asked if we were working Saturday, I said yes, please don't wax in front of the machines. 

I went in and found them stripping the floor in front of the vending machines.  I was quite unhappy.  I told them I would send all the angry postal workers in their direction when they couldn't get their snacks.  They ran off (I wasn't that mad!).  I brought everything in but they had to finish buffing, etc. so we only got about half our time. 

We did what we could and left, our ride was very timely which was great as it was oppressively hot and humid with bright sun.  Heat advisories today. 

My feet were killing me, I had planned on taking a walk but my feet said no to that.  It was not injury or bad footwear pain, but the pain of wearing heavy workboots, carrying heavy objects, and manipulating over 200 pounds of meat on those feet.  For hours.  I walked over 7K steps just at work. 

So I came home,took my pills (I had to be sharp to do sales tax), and took a nap.  I got up and my feet were still sore, so I put on some flip flops and got ready for our Walmart grocery delivery. 

Ron got up, we talked for a while.  He drank some but was reasonable.  I got my text that the guy was on the way. 

He came, brought everything in the garage, and saw the cats.  He asked if I had any puppies.  I told him about our local shelter, they do great work.  He took the information down.  Nice to know I probably saved a dog's life today. 

I put everything in the house.  It is a good thing I got more kitten food, these guys are eating a lot.  Spotty in particular, he has a very intent mannerism when he eats that reminds me of Bubba. 

I was feeling better so I put on my shoes, went outside, and visited with the cats for a while, then took a walk. 

I was chased by an ice cream truck for a good half mile.  I found that very funny.  I didn't have any cash on me even if I wanted to buy something (I didn't).  It is so hot all I want is some yogurt. 

I saw a creepy old man at the park.  He lives near the park and likes to stand in his driveway staring at the surroundings for hours at a time, particularly when the kids are coming home from school, which I personally find disturbing.  But he is pretty frail looking so I doubt he could abduct or molest anyone.  This time, though, he had gone to the park and stood in the middle of the jogging trail.  I played "chicken" with him and he got out of the way.  But he just stood there, off to the side, staring vacantly. 

I know he gets Meals on Wheels (I have seen the truck) but I think he needs more help, maybe a day program.  But I am up to my eyeballs in caregiving right now and NOT going to get involved.  His "meals" volunteer can make a report to social services if he declines.  That's one reason they do the program. 

I had a good walk in spite of him and the ice cream truck.  It was very hot and I got sweaty but I don't mind working out.  Once I get started. 

I checked the mail, came home, and played with the cats, got some photos.  I love how they are "owning" my porch.  I do need to get that mother fixed. 

You can see she is tiny in comparison to her kittens, she is so friendly she must have been someone's pet, probably thrown out when she got pregnant.  A lot of people drop animals in our subdivision because most of the houses are very nice and we are not far from the freeway.  Some animals get dumped ON the freeway, I hear.  Jerks. 

Ron is having a bad day for pain and is opting for vodka instead of kratom.  Not a good choice but I did ask him to be reasonable tonight. 

I shouldn't have to ask, but there you have it. 

That's it for now. 

Edit: I did get him to take some Kratom. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adorable babies. How anyone could abandon or hurt them is just unimaginable. I wish you could keep all three of them.

The screen in your image looks like it is leaking water inside your house. It may be something you need to address.

Spankadoo said...

Thanks for sharing the photos they are such a cute family and now they have a second chance but wow this 6 cats in the house is a LOT Heather be careful think of how much kitty litter and food this is going to be ..I hope you can get those babies homed fast before they hit the terrible teens LOL!

My friend put baskets on her walls literally secured some cute baskets in stair step fashion up her wall (I hope this makes sense) from World Market (Kind of like Pier 1 ) and she put these cute decorative pillows in them the cats go up and sleep in them . I think it is the most adorable thing in the world to have kitty’s sleeping baskets on the wall! Kind of like bunk beds but cuter!