Thursday, July 18, 2019

Thursday night

Ron put his phone in silent mode during one of his drunks, he can't figure it out.  He has asked me to help several times, I tried, but no luck.  I told him he needs to go to the cell phone store and have them fix it but I believe he is too embarrassed to do so.  He recorded something about setting the volume for the ringer, which I did a couple of times, I told him that is done, it is something else.  He is incredibly confused.  He kept telling me to do irrational things like go in the "messages" menu.  I finally told him I was DONE and would NOT be helping him any more. 

HE did this, HE needs to fix it.  He needs to call Chuck, or Arturo, and make a trip to the cell phone store "put his head on the ground" as he used to say, and admit "I got drunk and f*cked up my cell phone".  If they even have anyone who understands his old dinosaur.  Personally I am starting to think a senior-themed Jitterbug or something would be a better choice.  Something that he CAN'T screw up because it is so freaking basic.  Just a keypad, no menus. 

He says he just fixed it.  So he gets to avoid all the shame.  I am still going to think about getting him to the Jitterbug store.  I am getting MIGHTY sick of "saving" him when he's drunk, or makes a mistake when drunk. 

My neighbor is doing yard care across the street but Mama cat and the kittens seem fine.  Tomorrow I will see about getting them in the house, I will feel much safer.  Spot almost came in, earlier. 

Tomorrow will be busy but we need to get it all done.  I have a date with my kettlebells first thing. 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

So you aren’t going to have those other cats tested for disease like feline aids or fiv ? Before bringing them inside? They can pass it along to your cats and then everyone has a death sentence.

Heather Knits said...

They're going to be vetted (Mama at least because I plan to keep her) before I bring them in; I was just curious to see if she would go in. She sure thought about it, so did Spot.

Anonymous said...

FIV is not contagious as long as the cats do not fight and the FIV cat does not bite the other cat and draw blood.

Anonymous said...

Make sure to buy him ANOTHER new phone because of this. You should always reward bad behavior.

Heather Knits said...

They don't make his phone any more. What he has is usable so he will have to use it. All the store had was $500 apple watches and $700 Samsungs. I think he needs to get hooked up with a lower end cell phone company

My last phone, bought 3 years ago, cost less than $100 and has been incredibly reliable. Happily they have a next generation for it when this one goes (not in a hurry).

Anonymous said...

Check ebay for his phone model. My mother in law is very old and needed a replacement for her broken cell phone. My husband found one on eBay, and she was thrilled. It would have been really hard for her to learn a new phone (some memory issues).
Making sure a blind man in a wheelchair has a phone is not encouraging bad behavior. It is ensuring that he has a lifeline when you go out.

Anonymous said...

"Making sure a blind man in a wheelchair has a phone is not encouraging bad behavior. It is ensuring that he has a lifeline when you go out. "

Heather is his life line and since he never goes out without her this really is not even a valid point or a valid reply. Try reading her blog more often so you know what you are talking about. The man loses his cell phone or messes up his cable because of drunken foolishness and this is ongoing and costly behavior. SO why keep rewarding him when he continues to do these things? Not to mention he promised he would not turn the ringer off on his phone so when he lost it in a drunken stupor next time it would be easy to find. That lasted how long heather? Maybe if his room wasn't so piled with clutter and garbage it wouldn't be so hard to find his phone when he lost it. Seriously having to use a rake to get stuff out from under his bed is just ridiculous. Not to mention the clutter in your bedroom.

Heather Knits said...

He absolutely needs his phone, there are times I go out by myself and he could fall/injure himself. He has needed his phone to dial 911 for himself even a year ago.

Anonymous said...

What if something happens to Heather and Ron needs to call for help?
What if Heather gets stuck on a broken down bus or in a traffic jam in a cab and he needs help while she is out?
I absolutely stand behind my comment. He needs a functioning phone. He is a man who makes some terrible decisions, but he is a person. A person.
Have some compassion. Heather is doing the best she can in her situation. I don't agree with many of her decisions, but they are hers to make.
I have been a caregiver. It sucks. Being able to go out for a little while knowing that Ron can call her, or call for help, probably gives Heather some measure of comfort.

Heather Knits said...

One day I came home and he was on the floor covered in blood. Not a good sight. It really made me think the next time I left him.