Thursday, July 4, 2019

Most of the migraine

The headache that will not go away.  I finally got up around 1 and took 3 grams of Thai Green Vein in orange juice. 

1.  It did not mix very well.
2.  It didn't taste as bad, especially with a caffeine free Diet Coke chaser. 
3.  It did help the pain.  It is still around but I could take out the trash and help Ron.  Bend over and feed the cats.  Etc. 

For those worried about my usage: let's review, two weeks ago had 1 gram for a nasty proto migraine.  Nailed it. 

Last week, took 1 gram for another headache. 

This week, nasty migraine (bad enough I got the bucket out) so far 6 g out of 8 a day.  Some people take several grams at a time, several times a day.  I am not doing that. 

I don't see how I could get "hooked" on anything taking it once a week.  I had an addicted parent, and husband.  I will be careful.  I am only taking this for pain and not for "kicks".  Not that it gets me high anyway.  It just turns down the volume on headache pain.  I am just trying to stay functional, as I told Ron I can only spend so long in bed. 

Not up to taking a shower yet but I have pretty good deodorant.  [sniff check] Yes, I am OK. 

I took care of the cats today, Ron was eating cashews with vodka a while back before he went to bed.  I'm just happy he got some healthy calories. 

I wish I could figure out the migraine trigger.  The only 2 different things I had were Queso chips (generic brand, from Walmart, had those before) and the parfait, which I hadn't had before.  I think I will eliminate both for a while. 

I had eliminated the herbs I was taking to prevent headaches, clearly I need to add them back.  I took a nap for a while.  I did notice I went more into the fetal position during this headache, than normal, I guess that was the kratom. 

Biscuit ate his dinner too fast and then threw up, I need to re feed him.  Did that.  I ate a banana, don't know if I shared that. 

I did take the migraine prevention herbs, they can't hurt at this point.  I also put them in my pills of the week organizer.  I figured I would be OK based on my cycle. 

I just hate needing to take a lot of pills - if you hadn't got that yet - hate taking huge double handfuls of pills every day.  But I get abscesses if I don't take my A and E (vitamins), headaches if I don't take my herbs, iron loss if I don't take my supplement, bleeding if I don't take my Wild Yam, not to mention all my prescriptions needed to be "straight".  Most days I am OK with that.  Other days, like the day I did up my pills, I think "I don't really need that" and skip it, then end up laid up all day with a migraine. 

I have zero appetite so I won't be eating anything, which means no pills tonight.  I'll be OK. 

Ron told me he has been "eating beef jerky all day" which is a lot better than eating some trash-carbs.  I will have to get him more.  Adele Davis was right, each bite should build health instead of tearing it down.  He said he has us going to work tomorrow - I thought we had it off but I didn't complain.  If we're there stocking we make more money to pay sales tax, and we can do an inventory. 

Ah, the afternoon!  Good, I will have time to sleep in and hopefully get my workout.  I might see about getting the jerky delivered. 

I will be back. 

No comments: