Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Tuesday afternoon

Ron had made a trip to go out, around 3.  I got him ready and he told me he was having severe spasms in his leg.  I gave him some Kratom which helped.  He mixed it with alcohol which is not ideal but, I feel, FAR safer than his former practice of mixing the pain pills and alcohol. 

God doesn't want him yet, that's the only way I figure he hasn't killed himself. 

We had to wait an hour because the driver was very late.  I was pretty frustrated.  So was Ron, he was yelling at God  The good news the rain shower had time to move through before our ride but we did lose power for a while.  It didn't matter, we were outside. 

Our driveway is bordered by grass on both sides, wide enough for 2 cars.  The driver finally showed up and parked with the driver's side on the grass.  There was lots of free space on the passenger side, but a passenger in the back passenger side.  So I asked the driver to move, so Ron could safely enter the vehicle.  She was very annoyed but did so. 

You really don't want him to fall, he moans and cries a lot when in pain and he is a bleeder.  It would just be all around awful if he did go down.  Better to move the car. 

She was annoyingly bright and cheerful for someone who was an hour late.  At least act sorry, or say so, or even better tell me "I'm sorry, but I just got the trip 10 minutes ago".  That would be great.  But don't act like you're [censored] early.  'Cause that's an hour of my life I won't get back. 

I will say it did give time for the Kratom to work.  Ron had trouble with his seatbelt so she helped him.  We got a straight trip to the BBQ place, it is only a couple of miles away. 

She thought they were closed, it was pretty dead out front.  But we went in and they were happy to see us.  We were seated.  It was dinner time, and at dinner they do steaks.  It was not a steakhouse item, but a nice little palm sized steak cooked to order and well seasoned.  I got Ron to eat a bite, a corner of it was well done, which I don't like, so we both won. 

I got him to eat a lot of shrimp, a rib, the bite of steak, some cornbread, and some pineapple.  I had some blackened fish to start.  I find it very tasty and get it every time.  Normally I loathe fish so I find that funny.  I also got some mac and cheese and potato salad.  It was good.  My steak came out and I greeted it happily, cut it up, served the well-done corner to Ron (he prefers tough meat) and ate mine.  It was good. 

I had some dessert, he did not.  It was good.  We had a good meal.  I got him to pay the credit card bill and I called the vet.  Biscuit has a reservation for our business conference.  I can't leave him alone on a special diet, and he should really be monitored.  It is safer to board him, so I will.  They loved him and spoiled him rotten last time they had him so I feel good about doing this.  It will not be cheap but he is my Golden Kitty and worth it.  He is "extra" and just such a good boy I never mind throwing money at him.  Like I said, he's worth it, and most importantly he is not suffering. 

So I got that done.  I will see them in 2 weeks.  They want stool samples.  That will be fun to retrieve.  I will put any samples in a different bag from the chocolate candy I plan to deliver! 

I am glad that is done now so I don't have to worry if they will have space available later.  Now I know they will.  I venture it will cost me about $100 but I can save it. 

My motto for the cats is pretty much "Whatever it takes". 

We had a straight trip home which was nice.  We had lost power earlier but gotten it back by the time we got home, so we could go in through the garage door as usual. 

Ron is thrilled his cable is fixed so he has something to do.  He is in bed right now. 

I sent the repairman a picture of his money and reminded him to meet us tomorrow.  He said he would.  [grin]  It looked pretty nice in the picture. 

Tomorrow we get up VERY early, go to work, get the soda delivery, stock if we need it, and meet the repairman.  Then we go home.  I think that is it for the day. 

I am leaning towards just never having any afternoon trips on paratransit because they all, universally, suck so bad.  They are all awful, no one is on time.  I don't know what it is.  Sometimes with the slow clients in a group home the driver has to wait with the client for the group home to open, if the provider isn't there yet, they can't leave the client so they have to sit there for half an hour waiting for them to show up.  That may be a part of it.  The group homes take advantage of it. 

Things would have to be very bad before I put Ron in a group home.  What I have seen they are all just awful. 

Ron is happy enough at home with his cat, his talking book machine, music, and his cable.  Most of the time Ron is pretty content.  But when he gets frustrated he will not shut up.  Kind of like me.  I admit it. 

Anyway, I have to get up in 6 hours so I had better get to bed. 

No comments: