Thursday, July 18, 2019

Getting over the migraine

Well, I lost a couple of pounds.

I also had a hideous migraine.  I believe it was the queso chips, my last migraine was linked to them, too.  It's a shame as the chips are delicious but not worth it.

If chocolate isn't worth it you know chips aren't.  Ron decided to spend his free time drinking.  He did something to his cable and it isn't working.

I believe, as he deteriorates, he is forgetting how to do things and is getting his cable box into menus instead of just up-down-channel select.  He has talked about buying a small TV so I can troubleshoot but I am pretty sure my theory's correct.

It is alarming and disturbing for me, he can't operate his cable.  Now it could be a case of "I get stupid when I drink" or it could be something more serious.  It is hard to say because he is pretty much always drinking.  But it's disturbing.  Never used to have this problem.

So his cable isn't working and talk radio is "all politics" so he turned to vodka.  I don't think he has any talking books.  He got so drunk he needed help getting into bed twice, and help off the floor another time.  Exhausting for me.  Plus I don't know if he is hurting himself or wrecking something while I'm resting.

Might I say SO GLAD I took the knobs off the stove?

I went to bed around 7 and curled up in a ball.  I was just drifting off when someone began ringing the doorbell like a bill collector.  I ignored him, he did did it again.  I could see his outline through the frosted glass panel on our door.  Ron began yelling, he doesn't like visitors.

I put on my bathrobe and staggered to the door, but the coward had run off.  I did not see him anywhere.  Coward.

I was furious, my head was splitting open, and he had scared off my cats, poor things were NOT under their chair to greet me when I opened the door.  I was NOT happy.  I kept coming up with scathing comments for the person.  I am betting it is the AT&T guy, we used to be customers.  Terrible customer service, lousy equipment, nasty tech support made me cry.  Why would I go back?  But they keep acting like if they just bang on my door enough and tell me "things have changed" then I will sign up for more abuse.  No thanks.  My current cable/isp bundle may be a little spendy but everything is really high quality, they are fast to make repairs, etc.  Everything works.  Why would I change that for a maybe?

NO thanks.  But they keep coming back like an ex who hasn't got the message.  "I have moved on".  I would rather stay with the company that is treating me right.

I went back to bed, Ron went back to his bottle.  He was pretty quiet most of last night and did not trash the house, but I saw him going to the kitchen in the middle of the night and knew he was topping off.

At one point last night, he was starting to shout in pain so I gave him some kratom, which helped.  I am glad it helps for his pain because it didn't do anything for the migraine.  That is OK.  It doesn't have to get everything, and Ron was the big problem.  I have had migraines my whole life.  He was fine the rest of the night and this morning.

But he woke me up this morning.  I have a floor fan in my bedroom doorway, it sits on the floor ant points up at the thermostat.  Ron is convinced it is "blowing cold air" at the thermostat and saving him money.  So I have the damn thing in my doorway all during the hot season.  It is loud, too, and he runs it constantly.  Anyway he was messing with it, pushing it up and down, sliding it around, etc.

I told him I had to use the bathroom and asked him to move.  He got verbally abusive (I had gotten past the worst of the migraine by then), but moved.  When I got back he had slid it down the hall and turned it off.  He went to bed.  He could hardly talk but he managed to get himself into bed.  He pushed the wheelchair away from his bed and couldn't find it,he asked me for help, which I gave.

The problems of being a Christian care giver.  I have to be nice even when he has been a jackass or a drunk, because it pleases God.  I don't think Ron has made God smile recently.  He is quiet now.  He made a trip to to to work in about 3 hours.  I am uncertain whether he will be fit to travel.

I am worried he will just make it another day of drinking if we stay home today.  I don't want that, it is very wearing on me.  Oh, I'm tired.  I did not sleep well last night with the migraine.

I will have to see.  I did weigh myself and am down a pound.  Ugh.  Not the way I would want to do it.

I have to decide if I want to go back to bed or talk to Ron and cancel our ride to work.  I don't want to take him if he hasn't sobered up yet.

Oh, my life.

Edit: he woke up, I asked him if he wanted to cancel, he said yes, so I did.  Now I can go back to bed for a few hours.  Sales have been so dead we can take today off, I'm not worried. 

No comments: