Sunday, July 28, 2019

More of Sunday

Not happy with Ron right now. 

I changed into my workout clothes, went out and fed the cats, came in and about to get on the bike.  I had even already turned on my fitness tracker. 

Ron starts shouting for me.  I went back (should have turned off the tracker).  He was delusional.  I don't mean he was "out of it" I mean he wasn't in reality at all, kept mumbling about "putting it on the floor".  As near as I could tell he didn't even know he was on the floor. 

I said something along the lines of  "You're drunk, sober up" and went and did the bike.  It was apparent to me he did not want to get into bed and was incapable of helping me anyway. 

I went out, Mama cat and Spot came over.  The definitely associate me with feeding and are always hungry.  I suspect Spot is going to be a very big boy with his appetite. 

They went in and explored the open garage.  I open the garage when I have a delivery inbound, then we can put the groceries on the floor, close the door when done, then prop the door to the house and my guys can explore the garage. 

So I thought it was probably a good idea for the "new" cats to check it out and leave their scent.  I had gotten an email from Walmart, they do this prior to the delivery. 

They tell you if they had any problems, made substitutions, or something was out of stock.  Today they didn't have the washing machine cleaner, or the water fountain filters, and they subbed some flavors of yogurt for others.  But it was all good, they have a pretty good idea what I like. 

Next week we will be doing an inventory run.  My drivers have proven very fond of a large, cold, hydration drink in these miserable summer days.  So I got one in grape.  I ordered one, 32 ounce bottle. 

Walmart told me, sorry, we didn't have the 32 ounce bottle for 72 cents.  Hope you don't mind, Heather, but we're sending you EIGHT 20 ounce bottles instead.  What?  Same charge, 72 cents.  It pays to let them substitute sometimes. 

My driver came, wearing high heels and a very nice, classy outfit.  Probably the best dressed driver I have ever had, makeup and everything.  She liked cats so was OK with them running around while we put the stuff up. 

I gave her the tip, she was very nice about it.  She left, then came back because we both forgot I had to sign. 

I stood in the middle of the garage, wearing my purple t-shirt, and decided I had better crack open a can of cat food.  I had ordered two, beef-themed, cat foods - wet of course.  The cats were hungry.  I had the cans right there in a bag by my feet.  So I went and cracked it open.  You should have heard the howling! 

I got beef because they liked the beef baby food, I think it is a good idea to build them up with red meat. 

I put the contents on a paving stone and they went to town, Spot is a gravy man and worked on the gravy, while Mama dove into the meat.  Cleo came out, she is food aggressive though and growled, her mother growled back at her ("Don't pull that on ME young lady!") and Cleo backed off.  Cleo did get some at the end. 

Spot and Mama let me pet them as they ate.  I noticed Spot is a little ribby, I could feel his ribs.  What must he have been like before I started feeding them?  How fast would they have died a horrible lingering death of starvation?   I felt so sad for them. 

I am very happy I am feeding them so much because they clearly need it.  Mama is finally filling out a little, which is good because she has to be healthy for her spay surgery. 

I threw away the empty can and left them about 90% finished, Cleo came out and ate a little after I left.  I want her to associate me with food and good things, she watches me pet her family, they seem to like it...maybe she should try it. 

We're working. 

I brought everything in the house and put it away.  I had already had a protein shake and my pills this morning, I had a yogurt as well.  I bought it to eat and yogurt's the only thing I want when it's miserable out. 

I started rounding up dirty clothes (my workout clothes indicated I had been working out in hot, humid, weather!), I noticed Ron was awake.  I asked him if he needed any help (I want to be the better person at all times, or as much as possible).  He quietly said no and I left him alone. 

I put some scent beads in the washer, a scented detergent pack, and loaded it about halfway.  That's all I had.  Ron likes being naked at home (there's a visual for you) so not much laundry for him.  I had my workout clothes in addition to the regular ones. 

Sometimes I wash something after just one workout, sometimes I hang it up and wear it a few more times, it really depends on the workout.  I washed my walking shorts for the first time in a while but they didn't really "need" it, being nylon.  But I did have a few things to wash.  I also washed last weeks' capris.  I wear them a couple days/week in a row and then wash.  I really only sweat a lot in my workout clothes and my job isn't very dirty, so I feel fine doing that. 

I got out another cute pair for next week.  Black.  Probably not a good idea as I will be taking a mostly white calico to the vet on Tuesday!  Good thing I have a lint brush. 

Oh, and I started my cycle just about a week late.  I think the end is near but I still have plenty of supplies.  I can always donate unopened stuff to the women's shelter when I am in menopause. 

I used to have horrible cramps, but that has been a nice hormonal change, I don't have them anymore. 

I walked past Ron's room a moment ago.  Only today did I realize how often I check on him as I pass by.  Anyway, he was back in bed and resting.  Did it himself.  Good.  I hate getting him up even when he helps because it's a big strain and could damage my back. 

Torbie is by my feet and Biscuit is behind me.  They are very cute.  I hope the introductions go well. 

No comments: