Monday, July 15, 2019

Most of Monday

Kind of an ugly getup (just tired) but Biscuit was there to lead me to his food bowl. 

I got ready to go, helped Ron.  I told him I am worth $10 an hour but I really only needed to help him with his shirt.  We went to work. 

2 machines down, the coin sorter and snack 1.  Ben, works for the other guys, helped us with both.  The other vendor has proven touchy, in the past, about "letting" us give his people money so we can't do that, but I'm going to get Ben a big box of dog treats (he has a dog, and liked them the last time). 

Huge load off.  Please, don't EVER put a $1 or 50 cent coin into a vending machine.  They are not designed for that and will jam.  Lots of unhappy people, including the vendor. 

Not much to stock, for me, as the machine was down.  I did what I could.  I helped Ron, etc.  I got a delivery. 

Ashamed to admit I was one of those bad employees who stood around socializing.  I very seldom do that but I did today. 

We finished up and left, a good ride home.  No cats on the porch. 

I got Ron inside, ate a snack, took my morning pills, and took a nap.  I didn't sleep very well and got up around 1:30.  I decided to check out Amazon but didn't find anything I had to buy. 

I got dressed in my workout clothes and took a walk, a storm front was rolling in.  That is so awesome to see the clouds rolling in, the wind, the thunder, etc.  I got home as it was sprinkling but not a saturating rain for me by any stretch.  I saw Spot and his sister, the small calico, running around in my yard.  I figured Mama could not be far,and she was in her spot on the porch.  She is meowing at me more, which I find cute.  She has a more raspy meow. 

I went inside the house (first, turned off fitness tracker which logged a half hour walk) and dished up some food.  Biscuit wanted to eat it but actually listened when I said no.  I gave him his food. 

I took the food out for Mama and the kittens.  The dove in, they love that Meow Mix.  I filled up their water bowl and the mama cat watched as I did so, she was quite happy to see a fresh bowl of water for her family. 

I took out the garbage and it didn't faze them a bit.  The kittens were devouring Meow Mix.  Mama watched me, came over.  I let her smell my hand and she rubbed against my leg.  I guess I am good people to her now. Poor thing.  She doesn't look full grown herself, probably had her first heat at 6 months, got pregnant, these resulted.  I have got to get her fixed. 

I was glad to see the small calico kitten is still alive, I was certain she had been run over.  I guess I need to name her, too.  Probably Cleo.  Everyone is nice and lively. 

I forgot to take pictures.  I will, next time. 

At least they are coming by on a semi-regular basis so I can work up to trapping them and getting them vaccinated and fixed.  I want them to have good lives pampered somewhere, lying on the back of the couch as the family watches TV.  Getting a lick of the tuna every time they make tuna salad, etc. 

Ron was asleep, he's like me, very cranky if you wake him up so I won't talk to him until he is upright.  I can certainly entertain myself. 

Ron had made a trip to the Waffle House but the trips going out have been so bloody awful I just couldn't stand the thought of another.  I have cheesy bread in the fridge, I told him, I will be fine for dinner. 

Chuck confirmed the pickup time for tomorrow.  I have my money and I put some decaf sodas in the fridge so I have nice, cold, decaf sodas for the trip tomorrow.  I like a drink but I don't want to be up all night, either.  I will adjust a few things in my backpack so I can take it tomorrow.  It finally dried off from that fabric treatment. 

I already took out the garbage and I don't do laundry during a thunderstorm, I have heard a power outage mid-cycle can really screw things up, I don't want that.  I don't "need" anything that is waiting to be washed, anyway, and will throw this tshirt and my underwear in there after I go check the mail, later. 

I am wanting a snack but I think it's just the aspartame in my drink mix causing cravings.  Yes, I know asparatame is horrible.  Yes, I still drink it.  I will eat my (heated up) cheesy bread when I get truly hungry.  I don't have to do anything for a couple of hours until I check the mail, Ron and I decided not to go anywhere because we could get stuck away from home with the appointment looming. 

We can always do something Wednesday. 

3 comments:

Piss Bottle said...

The vending machines here dispense and accept $1 coins 🙆🏻‍♀️

Heather Knits said...

They can, if they've been modified and have special parts. Ours do not.

Certainly NEVER a fifty cent piece. Those are just coin jams waiting to happen. I can't even go around telling the customers not to do it, because there are a couple who would obtain 50 cent pieces and do it on purpose, for sabotage.

Piss said...

I agree on the 50 cent, never came across a machine that dispensed them as change!

Where I work we also have credit card readers that take Apple Pay as well. Quite convenient but they stop working a lot.