Tuesday, July 23, 2019

A trip to the eye doctor

You want the photo first, don't you?  That's what I thought. 

The process is working very well for Spot.  Food + petting.  That's his mother by my foot. Cleo is still timid but getting closer at feeding time.  I venture to say he will be "tame" in a week.  It is really important to get them young while they are still willing to believe I MIGHT be a decent human.  

Cleo still acts like I want to eat her raw, but I will work on her.  

I slept OK but woke up tired again. I got up, took my time getting ready, finally did my workout.  I had just enough time for a quick shower, dress,help Ron,and our ride came.  

We had a straight ride.  They let us off right in front of the eyeglass place.  It was a little bit of a circus.  

We went in and they sent us to the waiting area.  Ron was a little drunk and wanted to talk but wasn't too bad.  I did hush him while I filled out the form.  I had to wait a little while but that was OK, that has been one feature of my trips to the eye doctor: waiting.  

They took me in an exam room, did the glaucoma test (not crazy about that but Ron had childhood glaucoma - it WILL blind you), then paid extra for the photo of my retinas.  She sent me back out again and I talked to Ron, who was agitating for me to leave and go buy him a snack.  

Note: remember to bring snack bars and drinks for Ron next doctor visit, doesn't matter who it's for.  

About the time I was telling him no they called my name.  I went in and did the rest of my eye exam.  The doctor looked in my eyes, said they looked very healthy, showed me the photos and said everything was completely normal.  That is good to know.  She did the lens thing, which is better, 1 or 2?  We did that and I got to read some eye charts.  

Then off to the frames. I found 2 pairs I liked almost right away.  The 60's style frames are getting more popular but they don't look good on my face,I got some basic frames.  I got a tortiseshell and a purple (not together!).  

The optician sat me down, said my frames would work, and she did the glasses things.  We talked about what I wanted, I wasn't interested in the super thin ones because what I have works, I just got that again. No-glare coating, and I found the Transitions ("magic glasses"my Dad always called them) were surprisingly affordable.  So I went ahead and got that.  I am going to love that during my next migraine.  It all cost just a little less than I had budgeted. I was very happy.  

I paid, got my receipt, and took Ron to a grocery store nearby (pushed him in the chair).  I got him a breakfast taco from their hot food section and a couple of diet sodas for us.  He called Arturo but he was getting an inspection.  So much for that.  

He called Alex,who came, but it took a while.  All through this Ron was in pretty good spirits with no complaining.  He said later he "felt useless" at the eye doctor but he wasn't a liability, either.  

By the way, the eye place said about 2 weeks, that is really good.  I went to America's Best. 

We came home, I fed the cats out front, sitting down with the bowl in my lap.  Spot was a little unsure but his mother went right in, so he did, too.  He was a very good boy and allowed a lot of petting, and at one point I moved him a little.  He walked all over my lap and is getting very familiar.  Cleo sat off to the side, watching, but did not approach.  She must still be nursing.  The cats left, I got up (that was comical) and put the food away.  

I am glad I did something to take care of myself.  It is good to know my eyes are healthy and I don't need to worry about them failing.  I really need to care for myself, I fail miserably at that.  It had been FIVE YEARS since my last eye exam.  

I put my turkey leg (I have only ever seen them in Texas, a smoked turkey leg offered for sale at various places) in the fridge, it looks like dinner and we will see if the cats like turkey.  They are still pretty thin so I can fatten them up.  

I took a nap with Torbie and Biscuit, it went pretty well except for waking up with the headache.  Agh.  I drank a cold diet soda when I got up, hopefully that will help.  I am about to make a very cold lemonade as well.  That helped.  

Although I am still thinking about yogurt for dinner.  

2 comments:

Spank said...

I love yogurt fruit nut granola ect parfaits for dinner I put them in the freezer just before eating them it slows me down a big

cute picture!

Anonymous said...

Love the kitty pictures - so sweet - keep them coming