Tuesday, July 9, 2019

A trip to the doctor

I made my delivery order and went to bed last night.  I got up very early this morning, had a nasty headache.  I took some Excedrin because I had to be functional.  I did my workout once it kicked in, had a good one, made some goals.  I took my shower, got dressed, and waited for my aunt, who showed up right on time. 

We ran by the gas station and then to my doctor.  Traffic was NOT as bad, it was a painless trip.  We met with Doc and I mentioned the kratom to him, he wasn't surprised but not worried either.  I told him how well it is working for Ron. 

We (my aunt and myself) went to lunch.  We had a good time, and she took me home. 

Ron was in a lot of pain this morning, I gave him some Kratom and it worked in minutes.  When I left he was lying down.  I half expected to find him drunk on the floor, instead I found him awake and alert, working on the accounting.  He was very clear. 

My headache had come back so I told him I needed to lie down after we did some accounting work.  I did my part and laid down for about half an hour because Walmart was coming. 

The headache got worse.  I took some "gold bali" kratom (a sample I received) and felt better.  I am not 100% but I would say, now, an hour later I am definitely 90%.  I got dressed, had a lemonade, Ron was still working. 

I got a text my order was coming so I went out and got it, brought it in the house.  They did not have the batteries.  Oh, well, there is a tropical thing out there and most people in Houston are smart enough to make preparations. 

I will help Ron find his D-cells, I know he has some under his bed.  He should be good after that.  I plan to use small flashlights if necessary.  I can always go sit outside as well.  We had plenty of sun after Ike. 

But first we need to get the report filed tonight.  His computer is talking away so he should be done pretty soon. 

I am glad I ordered him more kratom, it works for him and is readily available, unlike his prescription.  Doc put in my prescription today so I should get it before the storm.  What I take is not highly regulated like Ron's pills, they practically throw it at me because they know what it's for.  I am a lot better on my meds, than off, but I have proven I can go off them for a few days in a dire emergency. 

I noticed all my neighbors are taking their trash out early.  Nothing like the threat of no trash service to make you get rid of what you do have! We didn't have trash pickup for weeks after Ike.  Smart people know that. 

Hopefully this will fizzle out in the Gulf, or go ashore at an isolated area and only affect a few people vs. millions.  We will see, watch your news.  If you watch it, I don't, but I guess I will have to for the weather updates. 

We aren't going anywhere tomorrow - I am about tapped out of cash anyway - so I will just sit home and wait for the call from the pharmacy, buy my pills for 3 months.  The last time I had a prescription they asked me if I WANTED it, before they filled it.  It's a $10 item, for psychosis.  Do you really want me running around without it?  Really?  'Cause that seems like a terrible idea to me.  I will beg if I must but I am hoping I will not have to jump through hoops like Ron does. 

Another reason I like kratom.  The only problem I have with it is getting a good payment method, so many companies don't want to get their hands dirty on a kratom transaction even though it is totally legal in Texas.  Ugh.  Stupid. 

I kept telling my aunt how well it works on Ron, with his pain.  She was delighted to hear it.  Who wants to hear their loved one screaming in pain endlessly for days on weeks?  No one.  This fixes the problem. 

It sure fixed my headache.  I would say I am back to 100% now. 

No comments: