Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Red Elephant

I had a nasty headache today, I tried some of my 'green" Kratom (so named for leaf veins).  No joy.  Ron "Why didn't you try the Gold Bali?"  yes, it worked great, but we only got a few in the sample pack and we are OUT (for now). 

I laid down hoping that would help.  It got worse.  I was laying in bed with Torbie and I remembered I had some Red Elephant powder.  I am not crazy about the powders because they take a while to mix and taste bad.  But it was better than the migraine.  So I got my powder and some cold orange juice, mixed, and drank it down.  Just about 3 grams (1/2 t), for a total of 4 grams for the day.  I will only go up to 8 for an entire day. 

Sure enough, it started working pretty fast.  It is doing a good job on the headache, it didn't erase it but I didn't vomit when Ron emptied his urinals with me in the room.  I will take it!  Besides, I have it at any rate, I might as well use it. 

We have found pretty much any "red" Kratom will demolish pain quickly.  Green does not do as good a job for us.  We haven't tried the white yet. 

Ron wants to go to work tomorrow, get out ahead of the tropical storm.  I would rather get our merchandise out of the stockroom and into the vending machines.  I don't think they'd dare break the glass on our vending machines if they could simply raid the other vendor's inventory/fridge/freezer.  That is one thing they did last time, they picked the lock on our refrigerator and put their own lock and chain on it.  We only keep soda in there. 

We will stock and make an inventory.  If the storm heads to Houston I will not reflexively run out and buy a lot of "good stuff" because it will just be stolen.  I will not enable that.  I am sure the other vendor will proceed "business as usual".  So they will have plenty to steal, just not our stuff. 

I have been told they have a warehouse full of emergency food and water for the employees, but it is probably 50 miles away.  It is apparently "easier", though, to rob us than it is to take care of their own business. 

I could go on for a while about this but my headache is looming and letting me know I need to calm down.  So we will move on. 

Tomorrow we will go to work and stock as much as possible, so it is not laying around in the stockroom for people to steal.  I have some K-cups, I was selling them a few years back but a lot of complaints they wanted half a dozen creams and sugars with each pod, and I was only selling them for 75 cents.  Totally unsustainable. 

It has been a consistent response of mine to take the trouble-causing sale items away from the customers.  They complained a lot about the baked potatoes, we had customers bringing in their own potatoes and wanting all the toppings (butter, sugar, sour cream, bacon bits, chili, and cheese) for a quarter.  A quarter.  And having tantrums when we would not.  One customer stole and destroyed Ron's long white cane in response to a "NO' on that.  So I got rid of them. 

We were boiling eggs and peeling them, but my main worker had long fingernails and would nick the egg as she peeled it.  They complained about that, in an ugly manner.  Demanded I do it because I have always had short nails.  As if I wasn't doing enough.  I said no and we eliminated the hard boiled eggs, much to the joy of the employees.  We didn't sell that many, anyway. 

They complained constantly about the deli.  We were selling good sandwiches for $1.50 and they screamed when we raised prices a quarter, or made them pay a quarter for cheese.  I sold hot dinners with two sides and bread, for $3.50, they complained we didn't serve white meat chicken.  Boy did they scream when we closed the deli and stopped it altogether.  Some customers are still talking about the meals I cooked. 

Breakfast Biscuits come to mind - the sweet cracker that is supposed to be "good for steady blood sugar".  I sold a very popular brand, one woman came and demanded I sell the other brand, "I could buy it at the grocery store" - and wanted me to sell it at cost because "she" liked it.  I told her no.  She was a temporary worker anyway. 

I do have some "healthy items" but they are, as expected, very slow sellers.  I do that to appease the "healthy" crowd who seldom use the machine anyway, and the management who come and look over the machine, see the healthy item, and then buy the high fat full sugar item. 

Anyway, moving EVERYTHING I can into the machines, I will leave out the K-cups because I don't drink coffee anyway.  If I had I sure would have lost my taste after I heard about all the bacteria in the machines. 

It is easier than throwing them away, which is what I really should do, it would free up a good amount of space.  They have a K-cup coffee maker at work.  And a generator. 

I will hide the high-value candy bars in a locked vending machine so they don't walk off, either.  I should do that anyway, the stockroom is not secure and the other vendor often leaves the door open for extended periods of time unattended. 

Once we get that done we are coming home, and then I will run to Walmart in a cab (Ron says he will pay for it).  I can get my medication.  I will call first and make sure they are available.  No sense making a trip if they're not. 

Then a cab ride to the store, get my meds, maybe a little shopping if I can think of anything I need offhand (I can't think of much right now), and a cab ride home.  I know a couple of cab drivers + Yellow so I can call and get a ride, the middle of the day, middle of the week I shouldn't have a problem. 

Ron is concerned the weather will come here, there is absolutely nothing we can do.  We have made all our preparations so we are as ready as possible.  We can't elevate the house, that's about the only thing that would have a lasting benefit. 

We will get supplies and go to work Saturday, if the storm does not come to Houston.  We will stay home and let them raid our empty (on our side) stockroom.  It is not in our contract we have to feed all the employees during every disaster.  That is their job. 

That's all we can do. 

Skip next part if you are eating or about to:

While walking over to help Ron, I found a turd on the floor, it was fresh.  It had a short white worm in it, I believe they are trying to tell me something.  The cats, not the worms.  I did not take that much kratom!  Now if they can do that right before the vet visit that would be great, the vet has been wanting to examine their stool for a while.  She can dose them during their visit next week. 

Baby Girl will sometimes drop a turd out of the box to make a point "I am sick" "This box is unacceptable" "I don't like all the drama"  but it doesn't matter who they were, they let me know.  And if one has worms they all probably do.  I did see some runny poop in the box today when scooping so that explains it. 

Poor little nuts, they will feel better soon.  But I am glad the vet can give them the wormer, none of them is good about taking medicine. 

***OK to read now if eating. 

That's it for now, I have to figure out dinner.  Not very hungry but I need to get some protein and fat on board so I can take my pills.  I did all the housework I had planned for the day, I just need to go check the mail and hopefully get today's kratom delivery. 

I put on a fresh outfit today and sat in my chair, a black tshirt and dark denim capris.  And Biscuit (mostly white) got up on top of me for a cuddle.  He was so sweet, and shed so much all over my clothes. 

It would be a lot easier if I could wear white all the time. 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You really should be worming them every 6 months since they have a catio and can get the worms from mosquitoes.

Anonymous said...

I am sure you won't take the advice or ask the vet but you should dose all the cats with a dewormer. Then I believe a second dose of dewormer needs to be done 3-4 weeks later to kill the larvae also. If this second dose is not done you get more worms. Your vet should know this. Ironically my vet when I found my stray only did the one dose and that was it so I am betting your vet will be the same way. Most recommendations are that cats need to be dewormed every 3 months especially if they are indoor/outdoor.

And ron should be paying for the kratom.

Heather Knits said...

Thanks for the tip, I will definitely be mentioning the worms.

I use the kratom too so I don't care about that. I am just glad we have something to use on Really Bad Days. For both of us.

Anonymous said...

Make sure Ron stocks up on vodka for the storm, would hate to see him run dry if it hits Houston.

Anonymous said...

Do people in Houston put sugar on baked potatoes?

Anonymous said...

1 take a small jar and put orange juice in it then put your Kratom in it and shake it hard drink it down it mixes fine like that

2 try to NEVER REdose in less than six hours no matter what anyone tells you it can send you into vertigo you will be praying for the earth to stop moving and hurling your guts out.
If it doesn’t work give it a miss for 6 hours just because you are ok now does not mean you always will be ..look on Erowid or google reposing too soon with kratom .

3 my mother had sprinkles for her cats I thought were for worms I could be wrong but she lived in the south and said they helped keep them worm free
4 yes Ron should pay for both of your kratom

Heather Knits said...

No one puts sugar on baked potatoes that i know of. Sweet potatoes are served with brown sugar, butter, and marshmallows.