Saturday, July 27, 2019

Saturday

The afternoon walk is really working for me.  Especially after a hard day at work. 

I slept OK, didn't take a shower this morning because I took it last night.  That made getting ready easier.  I fed the inside cats, then Mama and Spot.  Cleo was shy today and didn't come over, she is still nursing. 

I did watch a little of Pavel's video "Enter the Kettlebell".  It has a lot of useful information and I can see why he is considered a parent of the sport.  I haven't finished watching the video, it is so dense I take a bite, watch some more later, etc. 

I dressed in one of my performance tshirts and my capris, these were almost tight about a month ago and are now becoming baggy.  That is fun. 

I wore my ankle high work boots today, they are actually more comfortable without an insole.  Off to the warehouse. 

They had a trainee.  We are a good training exercise because Ron is in a wheelchair, and blind.  He "transfers" out of the wheelchair into a standard seat, and has an annual pass.  He is also amicable. 

I parked him and did my shopping.  I had just enough left in my budget to buy another case of caramel protein shakes.  Those things are so good and fill me up forever.  That is great at work, when I am surrounded by every delicious snack food in existence.  So I got them. 

I also got all the standard things for work.  Paid. 

Jack came.  Next week it will be our backup driver, on Sunday (cries).  I hate Sunday at Sam's. 

I had stuck a Powerade in the freezer, in my opinion everyone likes the fruit punch flavor so that's what I hand out (not just Jack).  He loved it.  Definitely continuing that during the hot months. 

We got it all unloaded, pretty drama free today.  I mainly helped Ron stock. 

He had a bad night and forgot I had put some Kratom by his bed, so he just suffered all night.  Sleep deprivation + the Tramadol made him pretty foggy.  Tramadol basically gives him dementia, but it does work, he says, for the pain.  I just wish he had taken the kratom instead.  He needed more help than usual but I didn't mind because he was sweet. 

I will crawl over broken glass if he is kind and appreciative, but I won't piss on him if he's burning, and ugly.  He has figured this out to a large degree. 

We finished up and a rather LONG wait outside in the very hot, BRIGHT, sun and humidity.   I was wishing for my new glasses, with the "magic" sunglass tint.  I had originally planned to go home, put Ron up, feed the cats, and take a walk, but not at that point in the day. 

Our driver finally came, and took us home.  I fed the cats (my new full time job), all of them, and then took a nap.  I got up and dressed in my workout clothes.  The outside cats wanted another meal.  They won't be skinny for long! 

I would just leave a bowl out but I can't do that if I want to tame the kittens.  Spot is to the point where he will often let me pet him when he is not eating.  So it is me taking the food out, several times a day, sitting in the chair with the bowl between my feet, and petting everyone while they eat.  It is working, Spot is becoming more social.  Even Frosty didn't progress that fast, and he turned into a huge lap cat. 

I took my walk after I got up (woke up with a headache, took some Excedrin, walked when it kicked in).  I went for about half an hour, I had already walked a lot today so I wanted to listen to my body.  I had a good walk.  It was very hot but I didn't mind.  I had a giant powerade and had taken a salt tablet.  I have no problems with a workout in the heat if I do that. 

3 houses were grilling steak, I could smell it. 

I came home, fed the outside cats, lots of petting for everyone but Cleo, hiding under my chair.  Earlier I had seen Spot nursing so I imagine Cleo is, too. 

Spot got a lot of petting, he is still a little skittish but getting there.  I held the jar of baby food while Mama licked it out, then ate some dry, that girl can eat!  But she nursing so I would never restrict her food, she got them this far, and they are two very nice healthy kittens - so good job.  I am sure it was her first litter. 

Then I did some chores, we have tomorrow off so that is nice.  I am not sure if I will do a workout but I will take care of myself.  Next week looks to be fairly busy, work, taking Mama to the vet, etc. 

I may do a Walmart delivery tomorrow but I haven't made up my mind.  We will see. 

First I have to call my parents, then I have a chicken parmesan dinner in the freezer for dinner. 

No comments: