Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Wednesday afternoon

I feel like answering comments today has been my other job! 

I hope I got it all. 

We got up very early, went to work, came home.  I took a nap and woke up with a headache.  I drank a soda and got dressed, decided to go out. 

Ron and I are in agreement we do NOT want to "make someone work" tomorrow, so we will stay home.  That meant any fun had to happen today or Friday. 

I was thinking about the parfait they have at the gas station.  It recently got bought by a 7-11 and has very good parfaits, and, for me, they have plenty of non-chocolate varieties. 

Nothing is worth a week long migraine.  Nothing, that includes chocolate. 

I figured I would walk over there (I still have one good pair of sneakers after the one Biscuit ruined).  I did that, it was hot and humid, pretty sunny, but not bad.  I always have an "eeky" moment as I walk over the bayou because traffic and heights together! 

I didn't used to have issues with walking near traffic, but Ron's accident really did a number on me.  It is unpleasant walking over the bayou but doable, I just keep going.  I know, if I stop, I'll freak out completely. 

I should add here all I had to eat today was a protein shake, some diet soda, and a handful of queso chips. 

Anyway, I have always had issues since I fell down a flight of stairs as a toddler, trying to follow my mother.  I cried, she just walked away.  Eventually I got up and went back up to the main part of the house but always afraid of heights after that. 

I got there safely and saw the same manager I had last time.  I greeted her.  She is fine with me hanging out in the seating area and consuming my purchases.  She is very nice and understands more of my situation than I think she lets on. 

I got a soda and looked at the parfait.  They had a strawberry shortcake one.  Normally I am not into strawberry flavors but I do like the fresh berry, which they had.  It looked tasty.  I added it to my drink and got in line.  I paid, told her "He is being good today" and sat down.  It was delicious.  I looked at the nutrition label, 500 calories.  Not bad considering.  It was a nice portion, hearty but just filling, not too much, not too little.  I hope 7-11 doesn't mess that up. 

I finished and bought a refill on my drink, left, and came home.  I saw the mail truck so I waited about 20 minutes, went out and saw her.  Nothing fun. 

Ron was in the kitchen drinking and feeding the girls cat treats.  I fed Biscuit when I got home.  So far he is pretty much eating his own food, although he will steal a bite of senior formula from Torbie if I turn my back. 

Ron went back to bed, he is quiet now.  I am looking at hair color online.  I don't want to do permanent dye but I found a "color depositing conditioner".   That sound like it might work, it just washes out.  I am thinking, hard. 

I have a bad habit of dying my hair when I'm manic, "sobering up" and saying "What the hell did I do to my hair?!"  I think the worst was the henna.  It looked great, nice and red over the brown, but I had to keep doing it and it took hours.  I am not a pampering type.  I don't do well just sitting around getting my nails done (did that the day of my wedding), feet, hair, anything like that.  I was raised by a man and I am just more practical. 

But I have white streaks in my hair and I think they would look AWESOME as purple streaks.  I can afford the dye, that isn't a problem.  It's a commitment issue: do I want to commit to purple hair for the duration?  It does wash out when I get sick of it. 

Some interesting notes on hair color: my stepmother has red hair, my biological mother had brown but began dying it blond when the gray came in.  I don't want brown, red, or black hair. 

Happily this is the worst problem on my plate today. 

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why don't you answer the question about why your money is not pooled together like in a real marriage?

What about when he was in rehab after the back surgery and you did all the work. Did you get Ron's half of the paycheck?

Why are you paying for ALL the cats vet visits? Why isn't he paying for that?

If he can wheel himself into the kitchen and open a bottle of vodka and suck it down then he can wheel himself into the bathroom and pull it out and use the toilet like a human being. Or he can empty his bottle of urine everyday and not have multiple bottles lying around his bedroom. It is disgusting beyond belief.

As for dead kids being better off in heaven WTH? So getting killed is OK because these kids are going to heaven? You really are ridiculous. I am assuming with that comment you are pro abortion than since all those dead babies are in heaven too.



Heather Knits said...

Ron and I have always had separate finances. He paid some bills, I paid others. "Always" been that way since we first met. It was good before my diagnosis because shopping and manias!....but I only had so much to play with in "my" wallet. That way I don't resent him for spending "our" money on vodka, he doesn't object to "my" charity donations.

When he was in rehab I kept the business money in a back pocket. I paid myself out of that and used some of "his" money for fares.

Vet visits: they are my cats. I have always figured if he wanted to help he would offer. He has sales tax due in a few weeks though so I believe he is saving up for that. I am OK with that.

I don't care what he does with the urinals as long as he does not spill them. He waits to open and empty them when I am awake and in another part of the house, which I appreciate.

About abortion: Jesus said it would be "better a millstone tied around his neck and cast into the sea" than hurt a child, so I would not want to be an aborter, or someone who helped the process in any way. He does however forgive if someone is sorry.

Just like I am sure He forgave my mother for what she did to me. It was funny about her,though. Two things: was convinced I was bipolar when everyone else laughed at her - and convinced Ron was bad news for me.

Anonymous said...

Why doesn’t Ron give you a pay increase for your increased duties?

Anonymous said...

I bet you have no empathy for the kids locked up at border, because, they're illegal

Heather Knits said...

It is the parent's fault they are there. So I would blame the parents. We need to roll up the [censored] "Welcome mat" and stop handing out benefits to illegals. Why would they stay "home' and struggle when they can have the good life here? Then they send what they make home so what they do earn goes to benefit another country's economy. The other countries love it. In the meantime "birthright" children and parents are getting benefits that should be going to legal citizens.

I have been pretty clear on all this. I have not had many good encounters, personally.

Heather Knits said...

I will ask about pay after we do sales tax. It will be over a thousand dollars.

Anonymous said...

If you do your sales tax quarterly that means you are making about 12,000 in income for three months to have to pay over 1000 in sales tax at Houston's 8.25% rate. If he is only paying you 800 out of that income you are seriously getting hosed. Not to mention with that income you should have been able to pay off your house by now even just putting an extra 200 on it a month. Too bad all your money goes towards rons vodka and over tipping cab drivers and eating out all the time.

So that means you make $2400 every three months and ron makes 8100 (this is less my estimate of 1500 in sales tax payments but does not include expenses for inventory purchased for the vending machines).

Anonymous said...

Aww spoken like a true Trump supporter! After your childhood you can't find any problem with the way they're being treated now that they're here, by us? Sure you can blame their parents for bringing them here, but you're ok with the mental and physical trauma being done to them? I just can't understand such hate.

Heather Knits said...

If you wanted a liberal blog you came to the wrong place. Can't say it any clearer than that. I try to keep politics out of here.

Everything I have read, from reputable sources, there are many reputable nonprofit agencies "helping". Do I feel white guilt, like I have to "do something" so people who came here illegally get MORE? No.

Are you aware of the border crossing situations in many other countries? How many are killed outright or thrown into horrific slums. There's a lot worse out there for detainees in pretty much ANY other country on the planet. Which is why they all want to come here, even the worst of America is better than the best they can get at "home".

Heather Knits said...

@ Sales tax - wow, so WRONG. I am groggy today from the migraine but I can see enough to say WRONG.

Heather Knits said...

I would also like to see a detailed run-down of YOUR finances, if you have the balls to do it. I won't even publish if you ask me not to do it.

Heather Knits said...

I am not upset by "disparity" so much as I am people assuming what we make. If I wanted to put our p & l online I would do so.

I concern myself with what I make and how I need/can spend it. I am fine paying for the cats because they are pretty much (Baby Girl excepted) "mine" anyway. IMO if you won't pay for cat expenses you shouldn't have one.

Ron was awesome about using emergency fund/savings on Biscuit when he had to be hospitalized, I don't mind buying his special food and treats (Biscuit's, not Ron's! :p), and annual checkup. Ron has, in my opinion, done enough.

I am honestly more concerned he only feed Biscuit the special treats and he has done an astounding job of that. So I'm happy.

Don't forget your bag of Snickers fun size, either, the vet loves those. :) All medical peeps do. I have never had a medical person of any stripe turn down a bag of Snickers Fun Size. One reason it is in my Walmart "favorites" delivery list.