Thursday, July 11, 2019

Thursday

I didn't sleep too well, migraine and kratom residue in my system, I think. 

When I got up I found Baby Girl having difficulty in the box.  I knew someone had the runs, but it is hard to catch them in action.  But that's why I put the primary box next to my chair, they will come and give me a show "I am not having normal passages". 

I worried about her for a while but she ate a couple of times with good appetite, wanting to hang out with Ron in bed, drank water, no vomiting or lethargy, and let me pet her cute spotted tummy.  I am not worried about her but will definitely mention it to the vet.  I believe it is probably stress/parasite issue. 

I did set up another box for them, so they all had clean options.  It was funny.  I brought in the extra box and set it in place.  It was empty.  I went and got litter and came back to Biscuit sitting in the box with his tail up, about to go!  I shooed him out of there and filled it with (clumping) litter.  It looks like someone used it while I was at work so that's good. 

I will keep everything scooped so they don't pass anything around.  Baby Girl has never been sick before (I don't count spay day).   Torbie is old and Biscuit has another condition so I want to keep them from catching it.  I believe Torbie already has the parasite, though. 

I got ready, got Ron ready, and off to work.  The storm is NOT coming to Houston, happily.  I feel bad for people in New Orleans, though. 

Snack sales were pretty dead and sodas weren't far behind.  We stocked what we could and did an inventory, then came home. 

I had slept badly last night so I took a nap today, woke up with a headache though.  I said screw this and had a caffeine drink AND Excedrin.  I will be flying for a while. 

I called the pharmacy.  Pills are in (took a while to tell me that) and about $60 for everything I need today.  That's good.  I like old school generics.  Some of the new stuff is like $600 a month.  My stepbrother was on one of them. 

I called Arturo and went to the store.  It was pretty busy, they had a big display of water by the front door.  I paid the electric bill "Where's your friend?"  - I can't get up to anything without Ron.  Then I went to the pharmacy and got my pills, checked them. 

I take a huge amount of lithium, 4 capsules a day... it looks like a lot at prescription pickup time.  But it does the job and that's all that matters.  Even better, it is extremely affordable. 

I rolled around for a while, I got some drink mix and diet soda, batteries for Ron.  They had AAA on clearance so I got a box.  I have a pretty good assortment of small flashlights that all run on AAA.  I want to get a radio as well. 

I got some kitten food; the name brand was only a little more expensive so I got that, a three pound bag.  They won't go hungry while I figure out what to do with them.  I put something on the Nextdoor app and no one claimed them so I feel free to contact a rescue or whatever. 

I got some salty snacks and some ramen.  I can boil water on the stove with the gas in the event of a power outage and have something to eat.  Then I checked out, I blew pretty much all I had short of my cab fare to go home. 

I called again and he came in about 15 minutes, took me home, put the stuff in the garage.  I paid him and he left, went in the house, put my stuff away (I didn't have much).  Ron was awake so we talked a little.  He said he didn't want to talk on the phone while I was at the store so I didn't call. 

I did call my aunt and she said she needs to reschedule the October appointment.  I told her she could do that (I don't care) and pick a day that works for her, we can do any day but a Monday.  She can text me the day when she does it; I really don't care.  She's giving me a ride so I am very flexible. 

I need to figure out dinner.  I had a high protein breakfast but that's it.  I did snack on some chips when I got home but I put them out of reach. 

Option 1: half a tub of cottage cheese,nice and cold, high protein.  Works with my pills. 
Option 2: Chicken parmesan dinner, bigger meal but also works with my pills, have to cook it though. 

Not sure what I will do, I will be checking the mail pretty soon.  I gave Ron some of the Red Vein Thai Kratom and it worked very well on his pain today (he combined it with a pain pill).  I am glad to see that, he still seems comfortable so even better. 

It is too late to make trips for tomorrow so I assume we are staying home.  Ah, we have to run an errand, he put that in there.  We can go through a drive through on the way home. 

That's it for now. 

6 comments:

Piss Bucket said...

Baby Girl probably got into the missing urinals :(

Heather Knits said...

Ron found them, capped, a while back, behind the toilet. She seems fine now.

Anonymous said...

Hopefully you are going to the vet soon. Parasites and worms are very contagious so I don't know why when you have had the issue before the vet did not dose all 3 cats for it. Plus since they are indoor/outdoor I don't understand why there was no recommendation for a worming schedule for all 3. They can get the worms by getting bit by fleas, mosquitoes, eating bugs, lizards, etc. You really should move up your vet appointment if you can. This is beyond gross. Plus they sleep in your bed and Rons so it is very likely you both are contaminated with worms also. You may want to get yourself and ron dewormed also. Just to be on the safe side. I wonder why doctors don't recommend that humans get treated for parasites every year. We can pick up things too. I may look into this.

Heather Knits said...

My understanding with the vet, it takes a while to examine and treat each cat so they don't generally have a "big" block of time, it is why I set this appointment up months ago. I will remind you they saw Biscuit half an hour after I called, when he got blocked.

I am sure she will treat them when we go in Tuesday. It should be an interesting visit.

I could easily see how they could pass them sharing the same water bowls and litter box. Undoubtably caught from some "wild game" they ate out in the catio. They all have good appetites and acting normal so not too worried.

It has been my experience worms really hit the kittens the worst.

Anonymous said...

You are missing the point. The worms crawl out of the cats rear and can be in your bed and infect or reinfect the cat(s) and these can pass to humans also. Not to mention it is not like you are washing rons bedding at least once a week so there is the cross contamination issue with that also. All the bedding needs to be washed. All the cats need to be wormed and all the cats need to be on a worming regime with your vet. If you vet does not recommend this than they are incompetent and I would find another vet. It is not about them acting normally it is about the spread of these disgusting worms and parasites from cat to cat and cat to human. Why is this complicated for you?

Heather Knits said...

I hear you, I'm not panicking because I have had cats pretty much my entire life.

I am sure the vet will treat them. My only question out of that: Can they still get their shots? Topical flea treatment? Or do I have to bring them back? (I hope not!)

About Ron's sheet it is black, anything would show up on it, and hasn't. He generally sleeps in his clothes anyway. I will do the bedding AFTER the treatment. Pointless to treat and then "reload" before the vet visit.