Wednesday, July 24, 2019

The rest of Wednesday

I went to the gas station.  Ron was working with his vodka in the kitchen and I really didn't want to sit around for it. 

I had a moderate headache so I took some kratom (two capsules) along with my salt tablet (per doc) and headed out.  I am handling the bridge better with less anxiety now.  I am really happy to report that. 

I got there and wanted some chips, so I got a small bag of sour cream and onion ruffles.  I like those.  I got a soda and a banana pudding.  What they call banana pudding is not it, actually. 

"Real" southern style banana pudding has butterscotch pudding.  This had vanilla. 
"Real" has sliced bananas in it.  This does not. 
This had an abundance of whipped cream, which I believe the "real" does not. 

BUT it is very good and I love it.  I sat down and ate my snack.  I walked partway home, almost on the bridge when I heard my message alert tone. 

Ron had called.  I called him back, he was very upset and hard to understand, but I grasped it was about his phone.  I wasn't too worried about THAT, he was not on the floor with a compound fracture. 

I walked the rest of the way home (about 20 minutes each way, so good exercise).  I helped Ron with his phone for about an hour. 

He is having issues with his primary phone charging. 
There is a problem with the PIN for his account. 
His phone dropped the call right after he got a supervisor. 

So he was pretty upset.  I finally chided him about "his energy" and said "All I am doing is helping, you need to watch your energy" meaning there is a lot of negative.  He was much better after that. 

I got out his backup phone because the major issue was 'not charging".  I said, let's try another charger.  Ron didn't like that idea but once he plugged it in it said "charging" and stopped beeping at him. 

I am the best wife in the world now, his very favorite.  He is still on the phone working out the other issues but I believe I am done with most of the heavy lifting. 

Oh, I just remembered I can take off my bra!  BRB

Much better now. 

About the cats: inside cats are great.  I fed Mama and Spot this morning before we left for work at 5.  I have not seen Cleo. 

I didn't see anyone when I got home from work, but I did find Mama on the porch after my nap, fed her, got some petting, I even put her in my lap for a second.  She purred for me and ate heartily. 

I did not see Spot again, or Cleo.  I worry about them and will be glad to get everyone in the house.  But I did feed everyone (Mama) who showed up and her teats show she is still nursing so not too worried.

Here's an idea: I left a bottle of iced tea in my mailbox, and she took it!  That's fun to do on those really miserably hot days. 

We have to run some work errands tomorrow but I rescheduled my dr appointment for October - the original date didn't work for my aunt so I got another day after checking with her.  And I already got my eye exam. 

When I get a little extra cash (stop laughing!) I will get a filling done.  But Ron has to pay for his annual pass in a little over a week.  That is $400.  It seldom hurts (the filling, not the pass) so I am not treating it as urgent, not like when I broke that back molar earlier this year. 

I am curious how long it will take to get my glasses.  It has been very bright recently so I'm thinking it's going to be nice to get those transitions lenses.  When I had them I always enjoyed them, and I spend a fair amount of time outside. 

Going to bed early tonight!  I hope I can sleep OK. 

No comments: