Friday, July 26, 2019

Migraine

OH, I am wrung out.  That was a nasty headache.  I checked my calendar, most likely hormonal.  It appears I am shifting into the "late cycles if I get them at all" phase in my hormonal journey.  Good thing I am working out. 

Yesterday was pretty awful.  I crawled into bed as soon as I could.  I have to give Ron is props for being quiet and not demanding anything. 

I rested as much as I could, which as you may know is very difficult with a migraine.  We are having unusually mild weather so I was not surprised to see #6 bring out all the kids for an outside play session. 

They finally stopped kicking the ball into my house when I had the police out to explain to them it is wrong, and against deed restrictions to do so.  The side of my house IS the property line for about 40 feet so they just saw it as this great wall to kick things off of.  That stopped, then they were kicking the ball over the fence into my yard, either trespassing and looking in my windows, having big groups of kids running around in (my much larger) yard having little parties, talking shit about me and Ron, etc.  I finally put a stop to that which meant they also stopped kicking the ball into our shared fence because they might "lose" it and have to wait for me to give it back.  I don't give it back on demand, none of their other neighbors did that by their own admission, and they were coming over as late as 11 PM when all our lights were off, ringing the doorbell like bill collectors, waking us up, demanding I go out back and fetch them their ball. 

Screw you!  Be more careful playing.  The father really screwed up with his home buying.  If he really wanted a large family of 8 he should have bought a house out in the country on a couple acres, where they could run and scream on their own property and not mine.  They should have gotten a big enough lot that all the kids could play without having to worry about getting their ball back.  But to buy a house on a 4K square foot lot, then build a bunch of additions taking most of the free space, expecting SIX kids to play on a 20x15 play area - it's just impossible.  Which is why they kept coming over in my much larger yard. 

I wanted a house with a large yard, I bought one.  They drive, they could have done that too.  We do NOT have a great school district and they don't even attend it - they go to charter schools so they could live anywhere.  I just don't get it. 

They stopped playing as much outside, their dad built them a huge playroom, so they play inside now that I am "mean" and asked them to stay off my property and stop bothering me.  It is not my fault your dad has refused to buy a house with a lot fit for children.  He might as well live in an apartment. 

Apartments have bigger play areas.  I did hope the cats were safely hidden.  They weren't too loud and I kept reminding myself they have a track record of only taking half an hour when they go out to play.  Their mother once gave me a ride from the bus stop and couldn't believe (from what she conveyed, she has very little English) that I was walking outside in the weather and a whole half mile to boot. 

She really would have flipped if I told her I ran 13 miles one fine morning in 50 degree weather.  She believes in keeping the kids inside unless it is 68 degrees with 20 percent humidity and partly cloudy.  My Dad used to call people like that "weather wimps". 

The kids were playing with an older man not their father.  I found that a little alarming.  When I was a kid I was not allowed to play with older men.  I think it is a good rule... but their rules.  I found that odd. 

I know the father works a lot of cash jobs in construction, she has a cash daycare service - so they can continue getting welfare.  I have gotten mail for them with welfare return addresses, I did not open it of course but VERY clear it was requalification paperwork.  I don't see how they are allowed to have their expensive vehicles.  When I went for Medicaid (to get my wisdom teeth out) they asked me to list all assets, including vehicles.  I guess they are permitted a certain value in Texas.  After I got my wisdom teeth out I turned off the Medicaid. 

One day the authorities will catch up with them.  Not my problem. 

They finally shut up and went inside.  The must have sweat a drop and their mother rushed them inside (rolleyes).  She would DIE in my life, picking Ron off the floor, walking to the bus stop, stocking vending machines, unloading trucks, waiting on the bus 20-30 minutes, waiting at the transit center, more walking, etc. 

I was able to get some good sleep, feeling better.  I even got up and ate some cheese sticks. 

Then back to bed and sleep.  I slept great, still exhausted, but that is a post migraine thing.  I get that after a bad one.  It's caused post-ictal.  Same with a seizure, how they get groggy after. 

I slept a long time and woke up around 6.  I had hoped to do a kettlebell workout but my head let me know that, while it didn't hurt, it would if I attempted a workout.  I will hopefully get it later. 

So I am having a hormonal headache even though no cycle.  No one ever mentioned this one. 

I will just be glad when I feel like 100% again. 

No comments: