Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Wednesday

I went to bed early last night, like I always do before a delivery.  Our delivery companies have worked out an arrangement where we are FIRST but it means we have to get up at 2-3 for the ride to work.  In the morning. 

Ron just drank a lot and went to bed.  He did have me cut his Tramadols in half as the doctor suggested and he has been sharper, so his "dementia" was just side effects (I hope).  I went to bed around 7, late. 

I tossed and turned for a while and finally dropped off.  Then, well after 9 PM, I hear a [censored] megaphone or a REALLY loud surround sound system, coming right through my bedroom wall like they are standing a few feet away doing this [censored] megaphone or whatever the hell it was.  It just kept getting louder and louder.  It sounded like a sermon, so [censored] "home church" again, in the middle of the night, the louder and more obnoxious the better.  Force the neighbors to hear you, even if they don't speak spanish.  I was livid. 

There is no "letting" your neighbors sleep. They sleep.  You sleep.  Everyone is happy.  You are quiet at night and during reasonable hours (say, 8-8), then you make noise, power tools, loud talking outside, etc.  I am respectful and quiet in the very early morning when we leave, we do not talk loudly or stomp up and down the very loud metal wheelchair ramp.  Because that is not kind to wake someone up. 

I live out in the county.  That has some benefits, lower taxes, better water (in my opinion), etc.  We also have the constables vs Houston Police Department.  They have a non-emergency number you can dial for "problems" that do not rate a 911 call. 

I got out my phone, turned it on (cussing) and dialed it.  I was very nice to the dispatcher, I just explained I had to get up VERY EARLY and this idiot with a megaphone... PLEASE.  She said OK.  It continued for about 10 minutes and then suddenly cut off mid-sentence.  And it never came back.  So they dealt with it. 

Like I told Ron, I HAD to call in a complaint on the first offense or it will just be constant.  No regrets.  You may wonder why I did not go next door and ask them to shut up.  We have, in the past, and he basically told us to f*ck off, he would finish when he finished.  They always do that.  They say they will stop when you ask, but when you ask they tell you off.  It was just easier to call the police to make them stop. 

Tell the police to f*ck off, I'd pay to see that.  And his wife is not here in the country legally so they don't want a lot of attention.  They shut up.  I finally went to sleep. 

Ron had gotten drunk last night and changed the pickup.  I was pretty worried, when I got up.  He set up a 6 AM pickup instead of 4.  When he woke up and realized that he asked them to come at 5.  It used up one of his favors but we felt it was worth it.  We got there about 5:30. 

I could not recall the soda ever coming before 7 and I was right.  We got it right about 7:15, two guys instead of one, very nice, very hard working, etc.  They had it put away in no time.  I told Ron I think we can make an appointment to get there at 6, now, and still have plenty of time for our delivery AND an extra hour to sleep. 

I wanted to give them a treat; and there's Ron shouting at me to do just that.  I love when we are in sync.  We finished up and went outside, then Ron called Arturo. 

It is cooler today so it wasn't bad waiting.  He came pretty quick and took us home.  When we got home a pickup truck parked in front of our house, a surveyor working.  Someone down the street was using a weed-whacker, so I did not see the cats. 

I got the garbage cans put up (Ron was sad about the cats, which I find encouraging), and then got Ron in the house.  I had a small snack and then took a nap. 

I don't know what Ron did but he was quiet and that's all I cared about.  I slept about 3 hours, woke up with Torbie in my bed.  She is such an awesome cat.  It is so fun for me to sleep with her.  She doesn't have to "do anything" to make me love her, just sleep with me and get on my chest, in bed, now and then.  She finally forgave me for getting her nails trimmed. 

And guess who just went under my desk?  Torbie.  I like that too, sleeping on my feet while I am on the computer. 

I had a little bit of a headache but managed to get most of it without taking anything.  I finally remembered I had to reschedule my psychiatrist's appointment and did that. 

I was thinking, though.  The cats are all partly white, except for my girls inside.  That is going to be a lot of white cat hair on my clothes.  Good thing I have a lint brush. 

Now I am just deciding if I want to walk up to the gas station or not.  If I do, I get a treat and some exercise.  My feet feel fine so I could do that.  Or I could be lazy and stay home.  Still deciding. 

I will keep you posted. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you gotten your 3 cats de-wormed yet

Heather Knits said...

Sent the poop to the lab, we will see what they say. The lab will contact vet and vet will contact us.

Heather Knits said...

I do have to add, I feel really bad for the postal worker who has to handle it as it says "fecal sample" all over the package.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure it's not as bad as people mailing their cologard samples.
Sheesh I miss the good old days.

Heather Knits said...

According to the clerks the worst are the bees mailed. Yes, they mail a whole colony of bees in packaging. I would be terrified to handle such a package and most of them are, too.

Chickens are fun, though, walk down a row and hear them all peeping. :)