Friday, July 12, 2019

Some good news today

I was sleeping very well until 12:37 AM, when Ron decided to wake me up because he got "lost" going to his room.  I am starting to firm down when and if we get testing, determine what is wrong, address it from there. 

He says "His arm was hurting, so he drank a lot of alcohol".  What about the Kratom?  "I didn't think of that".  Clearly. 

He has asked for kratom twice today and is pain free. 

So, other than that I slept OK.  Which is like saying Mrs. Lincoln enjoyed the play aside from her husband getting shot. 

I got up late, did not do my workout (yet) I took a shower and heard Ron's alarm go off.  He was worried about me waking up. 

We had a little talk about last night and I reminded him I keep a couple doses of Kratom for him on the bedside table.  The cats all had a good breakfast. 

We went to the bank, and amazingly someone held the door for us!  She was also speaking spanish on the phone so that helps counteract the bad experiences I have had. 

We had a short business line, that was good.  We had a nice teller we like.  Ron talked to the manager, again, about fixing the door.  I believe the manager yelled at the security guard because the guard came rushing over to open the door for us as we left. 

I thought it was amusing the guard said "they sent the wrong cab", "It was too small".  It was Arturo, plenty of room for Ron and A. always lines up the cab so Ron can easily enter/exit. 

The driver who brought us failed to line up with the ramp and Ron almost fell having to get out, turn around sideways, and then sit in the wheelchair.  MANY paratransit drivers hold the wheelchair off to the side, making it very difficult for Ron.  I don't know why they think it is easier for him, it is incredibly difficult.  I generally end up ripping the wheelchair out of their hands and facing it "properly" for Ron.  They get an attitude until they see the difficulty. 

Some of them don't want to let go of the handles.  I don't trust anyone to hold the wheelchair while Ron transfers, it is too easy to get distracted and lose grip.  And then Ron is on the ground bleeding.  No thanks. 

But Arturo gets it.  Which is one of the many reasons we call him. 

We went through a drive-through and went home.  Ron paid me so I bought breakfast. 

We got home, got Ron unloaded, into the house.  I gave Ron his breakfast and he ate that back in his room.  He sat on the edge of his bed, it gave me the vapors thinking about him going over and cracking his head on the table.  He moved after he finished eating. 

I gave him some more Kratom (1 gram to take, and 2 grams to keep on the bedside table for later if I am unavailable).  I don't give him much at a time because he does stupid things when he drinks, and I don't want him getting sick and then people use that as an excuse to regulate kratom.  No, he is NOT going to mess it up for good users.  And he has no idea where I keep most of it. 

I fed the cats again (except Baby Girl, who was not hungry after eating a lot of Ron's treats).  A funny story about Baby Girl.  As you know, she sees Ron as her property.  Every cat has a person and he is hers. 

Torbie and Biscuit are more "mine", although they love Ron, too.  Which was proven this morning as Ron sat on his bed getting ready.  I heard him talking to "Baby Girl".  I went in to see if he needed help and he was leaning over on the bed, petting Biscuit, who was stretched out, talking to him and calling Biscuit "Baby Girl".  Baby Girl was on the floor watching all this and lashing her tail back and forth, annoyed. 

I watched for a minute.  I asked Ron if he thought that was Baby Girl and he said yes, I told him "It's Biscuit".  He kept petting Biscuit and talking to him, this time using Biscuit's name. 

Baby Girl "owns" the bed, just like Torbie owns my bed.  No one else is allowed.  Baby Girl kept thrashing her tail back and forth, meowed at Ron.  But Ron is deaf and didn't hear her.  I said something to her and she looked at me, still whipping her tail, and then jumped on the bed, shoving herself between Biscuit and Ron.  Ron saw her and started petting her as Biscuit continued to loaf on the bed. 

WELL.   Someone really owns Ron!  She is utterly devoted to him.  I should love him that well.  It is adorable to watch. 

Ron gave her the attention she wanted and then gave her some treats, which led up to her not wanting an early lunch of cat food, like the others. 

I did tell Ron he will have to buy the next batch of cat treats, I can't afford treats at the rate Ron is going. 

Once I got the cats (I did the litter boxes this morning) I got out my pills and did them up.  That always takes forever. 

Some things I am taking in addition to the prescriptions:
Tart Cherry (good for joints)
Milk Thistle (good for liver, would love to get Ron on it)
Various vitamins and minerals
Butterbur (migraine prevention)
Feverfew (migraine prevention)
Wild Yam (hormone balance)

So it takes a while to do it all.  But I got it all and hid the pill organizers next to where I keep the Kratom bottles.  Torbie came over by my computer chair, she slept with me last night.  She has definitely slowed down but that is fine, I like older cats, they are so relaxed.  Amazon is supposed to bring something today, we will see (it wasn't expensive). 

In the meantime I will drink some iced tea and take a nap. 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You said Ron knows WHICH cat is WHICH and this post you made shows that he does not have the ability to TELL them apart as you claim. This means Ron could inadvertently give Biscuit treats that he is not suppose to have and this also means he could make Biscuit sick. I would have to take the treats away from him at this point because the risk to Biscuits health is too important to put into the hands of a blind and drunken fool.

Anonymous said...

Adding you need to call the Americans with Disabilities association or whatever they are called and make a report about that bank and the fact that the door is not accessible for a wheelchair bound client. They have had ample time to get the door fixed and clearly that is not going to happen.

And it was ironic that a Spanish speaking woman held the door at the bank for Ron. Talk about an interesting turn of events there. Not all people are self centered.

Heather Knits said...

OH, it's like I said in that one post, I know the devil wants to make me a racist. Lots of good latinos out there, I just wasn't running into them!

We will give it another week or two before making a phone call. Unfortunately our local independent living center is not optimal. Or we could have them do the muscle work.

Heather Knits said...

I am going to watch Ron and the cats. Worst case I will put a collar on Biscuit or have the vet do it Tuesday. That would solve the problem (wouldn't make Biscuit very happy). Or I could even shave a spot on him. Lots of ideas to keep everyone happy.

The girls would be crushed if I took their treats.

Anonymous said...

Why do you have to wait another week or two for the door to be fixed? It has been broken for months now and if he hasn't done it yet then it is not going to get done without someone actually making them do it.

Why should biscuit have to wear a collar because ron is a drunken moron? Maybe you should make ron wear a collar. You can't go to the store and buy a break away collar? Why would the vet have to do that? Even shaving the cat because of this idiot is beyond stupid. Too many treats especially the crap temptation ones are bad for cats so it would be better if they did not have them anyway. Everyone it seems (you and the cats)have to have their lives changed or upset because of ron. He never has to make any type of concessions. Really a shame. Why don't you just give the treats if you are that concerned about it?

Urinals said...

How would the cats even know the treats were gone? My cat doesn’t even know they exist until you yell “TREATS” and he runs over.

Is Ron still able to clean his cat litter box in his room? But can’t empty his urinals daily? Maybe you’ll have to start emptying his urinals daily/on demand, since you can’t get him in a nursing home where that’s how it would be done. A hospital or nursing home wouldn’t leave urine containers laying around the room.

Heather Knits said...

The cats go to Ron when he parks the wheelchair in certain places, knowing they will get some tidbits. They are pretty smart. Torbie will tap his knee and rub against his leg until she gets them.

He is not able to clean the box, I took it out and moved it to the front room. I'm not so worried about the urinals as long as he keeps them capped.

Heather Knits said...

The treat ritual is very important for Ron and the cats. It's hard for him to bond with them unless they get right up in bed with him like Baby Girl just did.

I don't mind helping out with that, or figuring out a way where everyone (Biscuit does have a prescription treat) gets their treat.