Sunday, July 21, 2019

Sunday

Pretty quiet day.  Ron has been OK for pain and has spent the day in bed.  And they wonder why he gets blood clots! 

He just told me he doesn't like to eat because food is digested and must come out (he was cruder).  He used to say that after the accident, when I first brought him home.  Thank God for the meat sticks so he is getting at least some protein and fat. 

I did my workout, took my shower, watched some TV for a while, talked to Ron, visited my new cats.  Spotty let me pet him while he ate but Cleo is still "scary" as one of my friends put it (fearful).  I will have to work on her.  She watches everything I do with her mom and brother and I haven't eaten or kicked them yet.  So maybe she will warm up.  I can't get her a home until she is social. 

Then I took a nap with Torbie.  I don't require much of Torbie, but I adore it when she sleeps with me.  I am happy with just that, don't have to do anything else but sleep with me.  She terrorizes Ron for treats by rubbing against his leg (he has nerve disease and it is painful to him, and she knows that).  I wouldn't want to cross her! 

We had a good nap, but I woke up with a headache.  I had a diet Dr Pepper in the fridge for just such an occasion and I drank it, got on the computer, more cat time, until it faded.  Then I put on my workout clothes and put some money in my pocket. 

I brought my stun gun, too, and a good thing.  I headed out to the gas station near our home.  It is about a 20 minute walk.  It isn't far but it is not all sidewalk and I have to pick my way carefully in some areas or risk turning an ankle. 

I got there and found they had the big cups.  I was really happy about that.  The diet green tea looked best so I got that.  Then I found my beloved banana pudding.  I also found a tres leches cake (slice) which I will probably have for breakfast tomorrow. 

I took my stuff up to the register, paid,and sat down in their little eating area. I ate the pudding, it was very good, as always.  Then I headed home.  Pretty uneventful except my lid came off and got green tea all over my shirt and bra.  But it was refreshing. 

And again, another dog running loose and unsupervised.  This one was aggressive and tried to chase me until I got out my stun gun and basically told it "Bring it, M-F".  It backed off, still barking, I could hear it for blocks.  I don't really worry about needing to use the stun gun on strangers, but I have had to almost use it on several dogs. 

I would bet money it was not neutered, that makes them more aggressive.  If you are going to have an animal you need to take care of it.  My animals have food, water, a clean place to crap at all times.  Somewhere safe to sleep.  Lots of petting and positive attention.  Spay and neuter surgeries, vet care, etc.  Toys and positive bonding time with me and Ron.  And we both have brain damage, if we can do it anyone can.  We are not rich, either. 

I got home, Cleo was on the porch directly in front of the door, the other 2 cats were under the chair on the porch.  I had fed them right before I left so they were pretty fat and happy.  It was nice to see them feeling safe and lazy.  But that dog just spurs me to getting them in the house ASAP.  It is NOT safe for them. 

I think I will have an easier time "taming" the kittens inside, too.  My cats can demonstrate we are cool and have never eaten a cat in our lives.  That's the hope. 

Ron set up tomorrow so we have a very long day at work and then go to the pain doctor.  He will need a doctor after all that time in the wheelchair!  I am charging my Kindle so I will have something to read. 

I rounded up all the clothes the other day, when I got home I did another sweep, took off my workout clothes, and loaded the washer, turning it on.  And about halfway through the cycle I remembered I wanted to wash my microfiber towels in the same load.  Oh, well.  The towels aren't dirty, but one has some chalk on it from my last kettle bell workout and I use the bathroom towel every day so it probably could stand a wash.  I may run a just towels load after this one finishes. 

Ron was pretty much naked all week at home so very little to wash for him.  He did make it easy on me. 

I have my devices (phone, Kindle) charging so I can take them tomorrow.  I still have about $100 out of my pay, but nothing in the online account. 

I did tell Ron he would have to help me buy more kratom.  Regulations are making it harder to purchase so that is challenging.  Ron was profoundly grateful I had it and it helped him last night.  That was pretty rugged for both of us.  I hope you have never had to hear a loved one scream in pain half the night, it is very wearing. 

I am so glad I just curl up in a ball with a migraine, if anything I get very quiet and Ron can't hear me talking. 

I plan to take tomorrow off working out, I did 2 workouts today, 3 if you count the walk to and from the store separately.  I was gentle to myself, I had good times but I did not tax myself.  I feel good after finishing. I read a book and she basically said that, you should feel good after you finish your workout and not exhausted.  That was something I needed to hear. 

You should be moving, too - I see a lot of people "walking" the neighborhood who are moving very slowly, and they are young and healthy.  I am unsure of the point of this "exercise" - they might as well be sitting at a desk.  A senior or someone with an apparent disability I could understand, but not this. 

My other favorite.  The farthest house from the park is about a mile, most are significantly closer.  So people get in their cars, drive to the park, walk the trail, drive back home.  Why not just walk from home?  Or my most favorite, driving 50 yards to the mailbox.  Are you really in that bad of shape? 

I got the clothes out of the dryer (forgot about them in there) and am waiting on the washer to finish so I can toss everything in the dryer.  Not a big hurry, Ron and I have clothes for tomorrow. 

I just like to get the sweaty workout clothes washed quickly.  I spent some money (about $25 per outfit) and I would like to see it as a long term investment.  So I got them washed with some of the scent beads in addition to the Tide pack. 

I do not wash my bedding in scented detergent - during my last migraine I had a "scented pillowcase" and was miserable with the scent climbing up into my head and throbbing in pain.  I wouldn't wish that on anyone and can I say again SO glad I never had kids to get this? 

Both the migraines and the mental illness are very inherited. 

1 comment:

Spankadoo said...

I am so glad you are getting out for walks that is awesome maybe someday you can do a vlog of the path in the park? That would be cool for us who live in other areas! I walk my neighborhood daily and really enjoy all the dog walkers especially on the weekends it is like a dog show of breeds around here! I live in a very pet friendly and responsible city , I never hear stress barking everyone is great about following the leash law and picking up poop and the dogs are so well mannered ..I never see stray cats here either , my landlord says there is a neutered male that hangs out in our alley but i have not seen him . A GIANT bunny yes ..LOL he is a huge thing ..lives burrowing holes by a car repair place. ..but not a cat.