Friday, July 5, 2019

I hope not

I finished washing the towels and ran the dryer a second time for sheets + mystery clothing items.  I took a nap with Torbie, but the "new" sheets smelled pretty stale.  I clean the washer regularly so it must have been storage in my closet.  I still managed to get a little sleep.  I did wake up with a headache, found Ron passed out in the kitchen. 

I put the wheelchair seatbelt on him.  He is pretty much out of alcohol right now until he calls for a delivery.  And someone is always happy to bring it for a $30 tip.  We have had several people sign up for that job.  All he has to do is call. 

But he has the seatbelt so he won't fall, and I don't think he could have had that much because I don't recall seeing much.  My uncle has given Ron a few bottles of red wine, I saw one of those in the fridge when I got a Diet Dr Pepper earlier.  He is snoring away, slumped over in the wheelchair. 

I would say I should go out but for the headache.  I don't want another migraine. 

So I guess I will need to use the "scent boosters" the next time I do a load of clothes, or maybe rinse the sheets with some vinegar.  It works for the towels. 

I think I will call my aunt, see how she is doing, and get her opinion on the purple temporary conditioner.  Voicemail!  Oh, well, she will check it and see it is not a crisis.  Well, the one therapist I saw back in 2005 (what a waste of money) said I was "in crisis" but that is sort of a state of living now.  Just sort of constantly on edge and exhausted at the same time. 

NOT "crying out for help", just stating a fact.  That is how it is for me.  Ron majored in psychology in the 70's, and they had him read a lot of pop psychology books.  There was one on playing games.  Some of it was actually applicable.  Anyway, in the one scenario a person asks for help and then shoots down all the suggestions.  So let me be clear, unless you would like to come over and clean the litter box a couple times a week, take me to Walmart now and then (I pay gas money :P), help give Ron a bath, etc... not asking for help.  Just venting. 

And there goes the dryer.  Let me check.  The dryer had a problem on installation so it takes longer than average to dry a load, other than that it works fine.   Yup, everything's dry.  No funny smells on the bedding, either.  It is my storage method. 

I had to take some aspirin for the headache but it did the trick.  I hate the nasty persistent ones. 

I got another load of clothes in the wash (3rd for the day) with some scent boosters and a scented detergent pack.  It is about a medium load so one pack is fine for that.  I do have to put a second rinse on the clothes when I add the scent boosters. 

Ron is still snoring in the kitchen.  I can get at the fridge but not the sink.  Since I plan to order pizza for dinner, not soon, that will be fine. 

I didn't run the dryer again, right away, I want to give it a chance to cool down.  It can't be good to run it constantly.  I am diligent about cleaning the lint trap, Ron has always been uptight about having that done. 

I am strongly leaning toward getting the purple (temporary) hair dye.  Worst case it is awful on my hair and it grows out, or I cut it off.  I believe it will wash out, though.  I haven't dyed my hair in years.  The last time I cut it I cut off the last of the henna.  I can afford it.  But I don't like to leap into things when I am manic (I am).  I will probably think about it some more and talk it over with my aunt. 

She is a lot busier now that my uncle retired.  That was a little bit of a surprise but probably shouldn't have been.  She is also helping out with childcare for a toddler and a newborn.  I am lucky she has any time for me at all! 

I have the money for my doctor visit on Tuesday, lunch money, and my prescriptions.  I hate asking Ron for money.  If he offers I will take it but I won't ask.  I am stubborn in that regard.  Sales tax is coming up so he has to save it. 

He will not save on a monthly basis.  Which is what I would do.  He wants to scramble around at the end of things.  He does this every time, has since we started the business 20 years ago.  It is a little annoying for me, I don't like the "Oh NO!" drama.  Just save $x a week and spare the drama.  Same with the insurances - we pay them ourselves but it is the same deal, last minute scrambling.

So good to have the end of the headache.  And I will be totally caught up on laundry, that's a nice benefit of the mania.  Sometimes I just can't face the thought of stripping the bed and getting all that going when I am depressed. 

I don't mind a mania like this, it is low grade, I am still sleeping, budget is good, not being a pest to people around me, so OK.  Other manias I get mean.  Or spend everything in one day, another reason Ron and I have separate money.  Or I get annoying and pester everyone talking endlessly. 

POSTING endlessly, guilty of that, but that is it and you can always say "forget this Heather, I will check back next week". 

I hope not. 

No comments: