Friday, July 19, 2019

So a random stranger yelled at me today

I don't know if I mentioned it but I had a talk with Ron about excessive drinking and my need for sleep.  That he needed me for various things, there was only one of me, and it was very important I get something approaching adequate sleep.  I said it was very tiresome loading him into bed repeatedly only to have him get so drunk he needed help back into bed.  He said he understood and was quiet last night. 

Today he was bragging to Chuck how he let me sleep and I said "That shouldn't be a special occasion, I should be getting enough sleep every night".  Took the wind out of his sails but I felt it had to be noted.  It should NOT be a BFD "Heather got her sleep". 

I did get my shower, etc.  I did not help Ron dress and he forgot to put on deodorant.  Oh, well. 

We went to work, stocked, did inventory.  He had trouble with the sales tax so we did that later. 

We had a good amount of time at work - I made the trips, very pleased with myself.  I can do a good job if necessary.  We had a little bit of a wait and then finally outside to wait on our ride. 

We are in a huge building, at least 30 acres indoor.  It has huge signs.  It even has a paratransit sign one maintenance guy made that looks just like a bus stop sign.  We also have extraordinarily detailed notes, it could not be easier to find us.  Now, years ago I would bitch because we had 2 parking lots and drivers always went to the wrong one.  One of them is secure now, no entry without a badge, so if they want to park anywhere they have to come to where we are waiting.  This guy wasted 10 minutes going up and down "I can't find it".  When he did stop he was very obese.  Not a problem.  One of our helpers is a big guy and a good human being, but this guy couldn't stop snacking.  It was incessant, he would finish one item, he would start another, he would take his eyes off the road looking in his bag of snacks and fumbling around for bottles of water.  He veered out of his lane. 

I'm riding in the death seat (front passenger) and I'm thinking about you guys and how I will relate this: it was so bad it was just on the edge of calling in a complaint.  But I figured he would get in trouble for the late pickup. 

We get to the bank and no one to help.  Several assholes walked by, one stopped to watch the show of Ron trying to open the door until he got a look at my face.  We went inside, no help.  There are paramedics fussing over a man with a tiny cut on his finger.  He cut it somehow and it bled, because he is on blood thinners "Two paper towels worth, and then I had them call 911".  Talk about abusing the system.  The one paramedic kept fawning over "the patient".  I didn't have anything nice to say about the patient.  Ron bled a lot when he was on blood thinners but you will never see me calling 911.  The only time I did that he fell in the hot garage and couldn't get up. 

Disgusted, I headed off to the business window.  Ron has remarked the bank seems to cater exclusively to mexicans now, and I can't argue.  There are a few blacks and the rare white, but it is almost all mexicans, their kids (they always bring their kids to the bank), jabbering in spanish, not opening the door for Ron, etc.  The paramedic comes over, there is a family behind me with a baby in a carseat.  His legs are sticking out several inches beyond the carseat, the paramedic is agitated and trying to tell them to get a proper carseat, the baby will get injured in an accident, but they play "no speaka" and the Mom makes a phone call.  So they basically tell him to f*ck off and he leaves. 

I finish the transaction and we go to the manager's desk, again.  It is near where the paramedic is again "treating" the "patient" with a small alcohol wipe.  I asked about the door, got the run around.  I said "This is a problem, because all your customers are assholes who won't help open the door". 

The paramedic gets all bent, comes over and lectures me about my language "Because there are kids (at the other end of the bank, and they don't speak English)".  I told him they didn't speak English and I wasn't sorry for what I said, because anyone who refused to open a door for a cripple, is an asshole.  Ron apologized "If her language offended you" and the guy got all nasty and said I needed to apologize. 

I don't have to do a f*cking thing for you.  What are you, the freaking language police?  You should be more upset about those parents dragging that kid around in the substandard carseat, and the fact that Ron, Heather, and the employees are the only ones speaking English! 

Ron had messed up his cell phone and wanted to go to the store to fix it.  He had called Chuck, who was on the way, so we waited on the couch (I did, he stayed in his wheelchair).  Chuck came about the same time as the armored truck.  The armored truck always hogs the wheelchair ramp so we had to wait. 

It was surprisingly difficult to load Ron into the SUV.  It is a more modest size, but Ron felt the lack of a hand grip and the floor was pretty high off the ground.  I sort of did it Arturo style, waited until he got his butt on the seat and sort of rolled him in there. 

I gave directions, we got there pretty quick.  The clerk was unable to help, not for lack of trying.  They had a Target in the same parking lot so I asked Ron if he would rather roll over there, or get in the car and drive.  Ron said, as I suspected, roll.  So I got a little exercise pushing him across the parking lot. 

They had some Consumer Cellular phones, and one by a brand I really like (not a well known brand).  I was pretty excited but they were all locked up and no way for Ron to demo.  They probably lost a sale right there.  I did get a brochure, Ron said he was tired and wanted to go home. 

I bought a diet soda and we did.  Mama cat and the babies were waiting on the porch, very cute.  She was leery of Chuck (who has a dog) but came over later for some petting and attention. 

I saw we had some packages on the porch.  I got Ron in the house and then brought in Ron's refrigerator, a red egg not very large.  He wanted something small, that's what he got.  It is nice and light, too. 

Ron said he would look at it after he figured out the sales tax, he got to work on that.  I went back out front, Mama had eaten all the food - most likely she let the babies eat most and finished it, she is a very loving mother.  I gave them some more food (they like about a cup and a half a day).  I had a knife because I knew they would have taped the heck out of my kettlebell, and they did.  It took some knife work with an interested cat looking on, got the first box, got the second box, and there it is in bubble wrap.  The handle was underneath so I had to turn it over and pick it up. 

HEAVY.  Well, that's sort of the idea.  I put it on my rack in the garage, I am about out of room.  I am not "up to" a 35 pound kettle bell yet but I will be, I'm working with a 30 right now.  It is nice to know it's there, when I'm ready. 

By this time Ron had finished the sales tax so I filled that out.  He admitted he is having some memory problems, we will figure it out.  I will be happy to stand by him as long as he is good to me. 

I got dressed in my workout clothes and did 10 minutes on the bike.  I was wearing my shoes still so I got my keys and checked the mail.  And I finally got my heart rate tracker, I ordered it 2 months ago.  I put it on my desk, took off my shoes, and did my kettle bell workout.  I remembered to use the chalk when I got up to the heavy weights and it worked very well.  I am glad I bought it, I would buy it again.  It was a pretty good workout in spite of it being suffocatingly hot inside the garage.  I did my stretching workout after, only about 7 minutes.  I need to do more stretching and pairing it with kettlebells seems like a good match. 

I took two salt tablets, and drank a Powerade. 

I figured out my watch, got one band off and plugged it in to charge.  I will take it off tomorrow and play with it.  I can "sync" it with my phone but I am not interested in doing that.  I just want my heart rate.  We'll see how it goes.  I am particularly interested for kettle bells because I have electrodes on my exercise bike (Ron bought used 13 years ago, a Proform, really good workhorse) but no way to easily check heart rate during kettlebells.  I tend to take a longer rest than suggested because sometimes my heart is still pounding.  It would be interesting to see if that is necessary. 

I also did a grocery order: more Powerade, kitten food, wet food (the outside cats love mixed grill), litter, litter boxes (I figure I need at least 2 more, one back in Ron's room and one here in the computer room), milk, yogurt.  It is too hot to cook. 

I was thinking I am pretty much a lactovore in the summer, just a lot of dairy.  That is fine, I think. I am getting plenty of protein. 

I have just not been hungry today so I am not pressing the issue.  Apparently I took my PM pills this morning, they are gone and I remember taking "my pills".  I think.  Anyway, I would be a real idiot to take another dose.  If I didn't take them one day won't kill me.  But I take a big dose of mood stabilizer, a seizure drug, and an antipsychotic at night.  Not doubling up on that!  I did take my morning pills when I found them. 

Since I don't need to eat tonight I am not.  It is nice.  I have to eat so I can take my pills twice a day.  Except today. 

I have my breakfast stuff in the fridge for tomorrow. I still have some time before I have to go to bed, our pickup is pretty late for our usual schedule.  I am used to pretty much a 6 am pickup.  And I got all my Amazon stuff and Ron got his fridge.  I got that rascal plugged in, put an iced tea and a pineapple cup for Ron.  Hopefully it will earn a good rating. 

And he paid me back for it. 

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

You need to call the americans with disabilities association about the bank and the lack of handicap access. Enough is enough with that and playing games with the bank manager. I am glad you cursed at them. They can all go fu-k off.

You may also file a complaint by E-mail at ADA.complaint@usdoj.gov. If you have questions about filing an ADA complaint, please call: ADA Information Line: 800-514-0301 (voice) or 800-514-0383 (TTY).

Heather Knits said...

I said I would "sic a lawyer in a wheelchair on them" and she SMIRKED. So I am about ready. I wanted to be the nice guy but they are treating it like a big joke.

Anonymous said...

Have you called the ADA yet?

Anonymous said...

You need proper wheelchair access to the inside of the bank. They refuse to fix the door. Why would you continue you be nice? I see it more like you are being a doormat. Same as you are with ron. Always playing the victim and never doing anything to make your life easier. Prove me wrong. Call the ADA and get them to make the bank fix the damn handicap door.

Anonymous said...

Better yet give me the name and address of the bank and I will do it myself. I am tired of hearing about it and you not doing anything about it. Plus I think that bank manager is a moronic bitch with her smirk and would love to get her in trouble.

Heather Knits said...

I will have Ron call Monday. It will do him good to stand up for his rights. When someone broke several windows in the bank, they had a repair man out in an hour.

Anonymous said...

He won't call Monday and neither will you. You both like to be victims. He does it by drinking and you do it by living with an abusive alcoholic whom you allow to dictate every aspect of your life and your fate.

Anonymous said...

When is the last time Ron had a bath? I don't even know how you can take him out, he must smell. Does he at least use body wipes, not the small ones. There are several brands of adult waterless body towels he should use.

Heather Knits said...

He uses the adult disposable washcloths daily.

Heather Knits said...

What else am I going to do, or not do? You make a lot of assumptions for someone who has never met me in person.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad he uses the towels at least

Heather Knits said...

If he stinks I tell him so and he fixes it.