Saturday, April 2, 2022

Woke up with another crushing headache

 I won't bore you with the details but I have figured out it is aspartame withdrawal.  It's all fun and games when I'm popping those bottles of Diet Dew but when I stop there has been hell to pay.  I was able to work, though, and ride home on the bus.  

I wore my vest at the bus stop (work vest) because a lot of homeless people hang out at the bus stop.  They usually have a lot of bags; I carry a fairly large tote.  Conceivably the driver could think I am homeless.  So I wear the vest and didn't have any trouble today.  I put the vest away once I was settled on the bus.  

I did talk with the driver about something.  In the San Francisco Bay Area I had to be standing at the stop, looking down the road, and make eye contact with the driver before they would stop.  Because, in part, they also had a homeless problem.  I didn't say this to the driver.  In Houston people stand yards back away from the bus stop, under a tree, in the summer.  Or sit on landscaping retaining walls or whatever.  Well away from the bus stop, looking at their phone.  Oh!  There's the bus!  Jump up and run, waving madly!  Not the way to do it.  I do it the way I did before, standing at the bus stop, looking at the bus, I wave my hand (once) to indicate I would like THAT bus and make eye contact with the driver.  I am also wearing my mask by the time they stop.  That is what the bus driver wants.  And the driver agreed.  

It has been my experience, as well, that I need to be standing at the bus stop if I want him to stop.  But so far I have been OK.  

The cats are good, I haven't seen Baby Girl but she's around, I think.  I need to go to bed.  I am doing some detox teas and such to get me off the aspartame and that has been surprisingly helpful.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: