Sunday, April 24, 2022

Sunday (Dog years and a large unidentified snake)

 Sunday's like Dog Years at work.  I rode the bus in, did my job, and clocked out.  

Had some drama at work but nothing I could fix.  So I didn't stress about it.  I can only give 100%.  I had decided to do some shopping mainly because I wanted a ride home anyway, and I also wanted a gallon of orange juice which would be impossible to take on the bus.  I had also forgotten my cold bags/totes.  

I did my shopping, spent about $40.  I was surprised things seemed better stocked than they have been lately.  I didn't do a real check of lane 2 except to see Anthony seemed to be checking and he's good, I like him, he's a good guy.  But the lane was so slow and I saw Anthony walk away so he had been helping the checker, who I couldn't see.  The really awful one was on another lane I had made a point of avoiding him.  There were 4 carts.  He took half an hour to get to me.  

He was one of those "I don't use the conveyor belt" guys and I saw it working so that wasn't the issue.  Agh.  I find that aggravating.  I only had cash otherwise I would have gone to the self check.  I have heard sometimes cash can jam in the self check so I didn't want to take a chance.  He rang me up accurately and I got all my bags, got my correct change, but I will NEVER go to him again.  

After that I was hungry and feeling entitled to a treat.  So I went to the McDonald's and got myself two double cheeseburgers, just ketchup.  I have found the secret to be ordering it "ONLY" ketchup at my store at least.  I also ordered Cleo a plain single burger but did not say it was for my cat.  I got my food and got out barely in time to catch my ride home, an hour and a half after I clocked out.  

I came home and put the cold things away.  I saw the cats at the end of the hall and called Cleo.  Her head popped up and she looked at me but then she focused on whatever was in front of her.  And I realized someone had brought something in the house.  

I went down the hall to find a scream worthy 2 foot long snake curled up in the hallway, being batted around by the cats.  I almost felt sorry for the snake.  It had some sort of markings on it which really freaked me out and I kept looking to see if it had rattles because we have a few kinds of rattlers in Houston.  I couldn't get a good look at it, it was coiling and uncoiling and the cats were bitch smacking it and I wanted to scream.  

But I married a blind man I have been dealing with this my entire adult life.  It was big enough, and the species unknown, possibly venomous, so I emptied the bathroom trash can keeping a sharp eye on Snakey.  I got the hand broom and popped him into the trash can, then covered it up with the handbroom.  There, it shouldn't bite me while I took it out.  And it didn't.  I had the front door propped open so I could just walk out and drop him in the grass, then flee and shut my door.  Which I did.  

Biscuit is exhausted and sleeping next to me on the couch.  I haven't seen Spotty or Cleo hopefully not out there hunting me up a fresh snake.  I will tell them today's snake was my Mother's Day gift and I don't need anything now.  On some level they do understand.  

[shudder]  And I don't really mind snakes but I do mind them in my home.  I walk around barefoot.  

After that I took my medication and a nap.  All they had at McDonald's was sweet tea, I wanted unsweet and definitely did not want soda, so I went with the sweet, which gave me a headache.  I have some of the effervescent tablets so I did that and it worked quickly.  Glad I have more.  

On my days off I need to buy meat (I did not, at work), inventory fridge/freezer, housecleaning.  I don't really need to do laundry happily.  I also need to figure out my budget and put my hand cart together.  

Ugh [shudder] at least they can hunt!  

No comments: