Friday, April 22, 2022

Friday morning

 Last night was hard mentally just being depressed, and they kept playing Ron's favorite music.  He used to brag how he only liked top 40 music and not the more obscure stuff I sometimes favored.  The problem with that you hear a lot of top 40.  And I could see him just bopping along listening to his tunes.  That wasn't easy.  

But I got to work OK on the bus, did my job, boss said I did a good job yesterday.  Got my ride home with Jack and let him know not to get me tonight.  He is doing a remodel project for his sister in law so pretty tired and probably really happy to hear that.  

I got home.  The jasmine is starting to bloom so I had that greet me at the door, very nice.  I got in the house, put my bag down, and made myself some tea, some Hibiscus (Jamaica), some mint, and some decaf jasmine green.  I had the last two and saved the Jamaica for this morning.  I am drinking that now.  I need to start making myself tea before I leave so it will be there when I get back.  

I slept OK except I woke up at 5 with a bad headache, I took some Excedrin for it.  Went back to bed as I went to sleep around midnight.  Slept a couple of hours and woke up for good around 7.  OK, I can use the time.  The other day off I had I took some allergy medicine and ended up sleeping until almost 10, and then Tuesday I slept pretty late as well, so nice to get a couple of hours back.  

I have a fair amount of things to do: clean the toilet (doing that now), put my hand cart together, do my drain line treatment (it arrived), dishes, some cooking, etc.  I will try to balance rest with work.  Normally if I have 2 days together I do all the work on one day (getting a good nap if possible), and then relax/shop on the other day.  I couldn't do it this week.  

While gossiping (going to call it what it is) with other employees I did mention I could use some more hours.  I know that will get back and they know I am a hard worker.  Another employee wants her hours cut and complains a lot, is slow, they are always talking to her so maybe I can pick up some of her slack.  I would be happy to, but I want God's will for me.  We will see.  

I "sanitized" my house so you can't see the bras hanging up, tampons are put away (still no cycle), wet wipes are hidden.  I do suspect my toilet clog may have been related to one of the workers flushing my wet wipes.  And "flushable" wipes are a joke because they are not flushable.  You might as well call the plumber.  It is not that hard to put your used wipe in a trash can and then take it out regularly.  That is how I found Ron's rectal bleeding some years back.  I saw blood on the wipes, a lot of it, and got him to a doctor.  That is also when we did our wills so I got the house OK.  Glad that happened now even though it was scary.  

Totally unrelated: if I read the sign at work correctly a lemon is now $2?!  For one?  That is nuts.  I may have to look into using limes.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: