Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Don't worry posts are going to die off next week

 Probably sick of updates but one last one for the night.  

Once I got my appetite back 😉 I did my cooking.  I cooked my pork chops and fried a couple of eggs in the grease, ate the eggs for dinner (delicious).  I started a pot of lentils with some Chorizo.  I used 1/4 t baking soda in the soak water and wow those lentils really did cook in 10 minutes.  I cooked some rice to go with them and when it was done I mixed lentils + rice in little containers to go to work.  I set up my timer outlet and set up the pot roast to start cooking at 10 PM and turn off at 6.  It will have cooled off enough to refrigerate by the time I get up.  

I need to get a strainer so I can rinse my rice, it is very starchy and boils over when I cook it in the rice pot.  It makes a mess.  This rice is just starchalicious.  My last bag of rice was OK.  

I did my budget.  There is not an emoji for that.  I literally came out at zero after I subtracted my expenses from my pay.  All the bills are paid and I will have rides home in the dark...but I have a full fridge so I am not too worried.  I have cat food.  It reminded me of some of those profit and loss statements I have seen where they "fix" it to come out at zero.  But I have everything paid and have what I need.  So I'm cool.  

It will probably be good for me not getting snacks at work.  I put the credit card away (normally I take it to work) so that won't be a temptation either.  I have some cash on hand but don't plan to use that unless I have to... and I just charged up my bus card last week and still have $53 value on it, that's a lot of rides.  

I did not tell my parents or my aunt.  I don't want them (or you) to think I am asking for money.  I am sharing this because I find it interesting God gave me exactly enough to meet my needs, which goes to one of my favorite Bible verses "'My grace is sufficient for you.'  Therefore I will glory in my infirmities that the power of Christ may rest more fully on me.  For when I am weak, I am strong (actual word translates as "dynamite")."

Now next pay period will be TASTY because I will work a lot more hours than I usually do.  About a $hundred more than usual.  Which is good because I need my medication.  I can get that now next month.  

Next big check (for me) I plan to put some towards the credit card.  It is only $200 but I am sick of owing money.  I don't like to owe money.  Dave Ramsay would be proud of me.  

I took my shower because I didn't want to go to bed smelling like pork chops.  And something about pork grease, the fragrance sticks around.  And I love pork.  

The beef roast looks really nice, like it cost a lot more than $5.  Nice deep red, well marbled... only a pound and a third so I won't get sick of it.  And it filled up the bottom of the crock pot pretty nicely.  I did add probably more water than I needed but I can use the broth to cook rice, what I don't use to serve with the beef (broth over the meat and rice).  

Anyway that's it for now.  I will be working some long and crazy hours but I will endeavor to make at least one post a day.  

No comments: