Sunday, April 17, 2022

Happy Easter!

 It was a really busy day at work; enough my boss came running to the breakroom half an hour before my start time, begging me to clock in early, which I did.  So that's an extra $6 in my pocket.  That next paycheck is going to be tasty for me.  

Speaking of tasty I had lentils on my lunch and roast beef on my break.  Both were very good, but needed more salt.  I am figuring it out.  You can't take salt OUT so I have been a little timid with it.  But I do carry a salt shaker in my lunch bag.  

I had to set boundaries with one coworker but I think I did that in a classy way.  She consistently mispronounces my name "HEE-dar" which I am not sure if she is doing intentionally.  My name is there on my badge, sound it out.  I always say her name correctly.  Anyway I was polite but firm.  She keeps "trying" though.  I am here to do my work.  If you are doing your work and I am in a slow spot, I will help out if I can, but if you are standing around gossiping and expect me to do your work you will be disappointed.  I have seen her in the breakroom.  See, I get to work early.  And while I am sitting around in the breakroom I see things, like this woman, clock in, leave for about 10 minutes, come back to the breakroom and fiddle around with her bag for an hour, then go back to work when I clock in.  It's called "Time Stealing" and Walmart considers it a firing offense.  Worst case I will casually mention to the supervisor she might want to go in the breakroom about 2:30 one day and see who she finds.  Me, I'm not on the clock yet.  I'm just watching TMZ waiting.  But I don't plan to say anything, this will catch up with her eventually.  

I am glad I have the kind of reputation that my boss wanted me there early.  And I earned my money today.  That's a good thing as I took a cab home and found the house hot and stuffy.  It apparently got up to about 90 today.  I broke down and turned on the A/C.  Well, first I turned it to "Off".  Then I slid the lever up to about 83, turned it on.  It worked.  Praise God!  The house got nice and pleasant and it was still running, so I turned it up to 85 and got the fan.  

For some reason one day Ron got the idea to point a fan, on the floor, up at the thermostat.  It really helps the air conditioner run better and the house is cool but less energy and wear and tear on the system.  So I got that going and now I will hear the roar of the fan day and night until probably my birthday.  I am OK with that.  

The cats were good, fat and happy.  Good to see them as always.  Back to the A/C for a minute when this old thermostat goes I will have them install the simple kind where you just turn it left and right for hotter and colder.  I actually installed a thermostat myself some years back and it worked for a while.  

Tomorrow will be a long day: go to work on the bus (transportation budget would not swing a ride to work tomorrow so the bus for me), work 9 hours, catch a cab home (I would rather have the ride home if I had to choose, and I did).  He already knows about the ride home and also the ride home on Wednesday at 9 PM.  I set up my coffee maker and the timer to brew me some mate I think that will help.  I also plan to have a higher protein breakfast so I am better able to get it all done.  I plan to take roast animal of some sort with some beans and rice.  That has been working for me.  I just drink water at work.  It is a big change from what I was doing but I feel good and saving money too.  

Everyone liked my blouse I will have to keep wearing them when my arm heals up.  Hives are still pretty ugly.  I have a couple of nice blouses I got at the thrift shop, they are all 3x but still fit OK.  And I would rather have something a little loose vs something too tight.  

My manager told me they ordered more vests but right now all they have is a 6x, which I am not.  But she assured me she will get me my stuff when it comes.  So that is nice.  She is a good manager.  I like her a lot.  I like pretty much all managers 1 or 2 I am a little scared of but they are good people.  

I have to get to bed early so that's ///

Oh I forgot.  I looked at my homestead exemption papers and boy are they confusing.  I am going to forward them to my aunt.  She birthed a lawyer and married another one.  They will figure it out.  Me I just feel very confused reading them.  

I do like that injured vets and widows of first responders do not pay property tax.  One of the great things about living in Texas.  

Now I'm done.  That's it for now!  

No comments: