Sunday, April 3, 2022

Sunday

 I have decided I am probably not seeing Baby Girl again.  She had been so depressed after Torbie died I think she just gave up - somewhere not on my property, though.  I feel like the hits keep on coming and hopefully I get a break for a while now.  First I lost Ron, then I lost Torbie, my aunt moved, and then I lost Baby Girl.  

If she does make a return I will be delighted, of course, but one thing she always did was greet me when I came home, and Friday was the last day she did that.  She didn't like strangers do I don't think anyone took her.  I would rather get on with the grief process than hang on, wondering, hoping... I will say my brown girls did stick around for a year after losing Ron.  

So that has sucked.  

I had some yogurt last night.  I have had it in the past; but last night I was up half the night with wracking cramps and other symptoms I won't mention that all go to LACTOSE.  I cannot do a speck of lactose now.  But when I woke up this morning I had a very mild headache.  I was quite pleased I could get going.  

I have been embarrassed to share this but I will go ahead and do it.  I leave the house 4 hours before my shift starts.  2 hours are spent in transit, if not more.  The rest I spend shopping at work (getting a snack, or, in the other day, a get well card), and eating my snack in the breakroom.  That works for me.  When I get a ride I get to work about an hour before my shift starts and do it that way.  

So, today, I started at 10.  They love the 10-2 for me on the weekends and Monday.  But it's money.  So I left the house at 6, found myself at work by 7 very embarrassed by that.  "Heather!  When do you start?"  But I did get there pretty easily on the bus.  The first bus stop is very dark and hard to see me so I wore my reflective vest and safety light.  The driver said "I never would have seen you without the light.  I wish everyone did that".  So that is staying put in my bag.  This was the first time I left the house that early to go to work.  I plan to do that tomorrow as well, it will work, I think, as long as I have my light.  And it will lighten up earlier as we get closer to summer.  

So I did my shift and left, I didn't catch the 2:10 but I got out there about 2:18.  There is a bench and I felt fine sitting there because I had my work vest on.  No one was going to assume I was homeless, yes I am proud about that and God is probably going to teach me humility on that, but I don't want people trying to give me food.  I'm poor but not that bad.  

The bus came about 2:35.  It was the regular 2:10 guy, there had been a wreck and the street had been blocked off.  He was having a really bad day so I was glad I had some candy.  And yes, I hand out the candy almost every day, just not at work because they are "inclusive".  Saying someone is a sinner and going to hell without Jesus is not in their game plan (in almost every tract I distribute).  I respect that, I can always have a lifestyle witness if nothing else.  A couple of other employees know they can come to me for a little treat now and then.  I feel good about that.  Hopefully they also see me as a diligent worker.  Just tell me what to do and I will do it, and you won't have to tell me twice.  

So there were a couple of manic guys on the bus, one was picking fights, one was singing - badly, one was drunk and staggering around.  Pretty much a typical weekend on the bus.  I was laughing to myself at the circus, you could have a great reality show on this bus route.  I had a good transfer and went to the grocery store.  

And they had jacked up prices just in the week since I had been there!  I was disgusted and will not be going back for a while.  They do have the pinata mix candy in the 5 pound bag which I covet, but I am OK for now.  I did get a ground turkey chub (I am thinking season it and mix it with rice), a sausage chub (I love ground sausage, I envision that in portioned containers with a fried egg or two), and some chicken hot dogs 75 cents for the pack.  For 75 cents I will give it a try.  I can always cut them up and mix them with chili and rice like Ron used to do in college.  

After that I was hungry and wanted a treat, so I went to the takeout place and got a couple of samosa They are fried things with a savory filling.  I love them.  I ate mine at the bus stop (total cost: $4.33), but the red pepper made my nose run and I didn't have a hanky.  That was awkward.  I had a VERY nice driver get me to go home he was so polite and kind.  There are good people out there.  Then I had to hoof it home with all my crap, and I had a lot.  The water bottle adds a lot of weight, it is one of those double wall metal ones and a large capacity.  But I already paid for it years ago so I don't want another one.  It works for now.  I may get something lighter down the road.  I just taped an index card on mine with my name and a happy face so no one takes it by accident.  

I have a modest savings account for taxes and insurance, I put $250 a pay check into it.  I believe I would not quality for any kind of food stamps as a result.  I may look into it.  My budget is at the point I would take an EBT card if I could get it.  But I can live pretty cheap if it comes to it.  

That's it for now.  Our weather has been lovely and actually fun to ride the bus (aside from the manic guys).  

No comments: